Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2014, 09:34 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,765,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Actually he is only doing what the government wants and it isn't illegal. Obama raised taxes on income not wealth but since the left does not understand the tax code so they voted to put a cap on their own financial success.

Why do liberals want to forcibly confiscate income and wealth from those who have more? Are they not concerned that they might end up as one of those who have more?
The OP has already been told he's welcome to the benefits he's qualified for. That doesn't sound like a desire to forcibly confiscate what he has to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2014, 09:36 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,143,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
The OP has already been told he's welcome to the benefits he's qualified for. That doesn't sound like a desire to forcibly confiscate what he has to me.
I dont welcome the benefits, I went to court to object to them.

petch's response was how the left continue to argue that those who pay, dont pay enough, while ignoring the others who not only dont pay a dime, but receive payment for not contributing.. It ties into the same question I asked in the OP.

Old 04-16-2014, 09:37 AM

702 posts, read 727,226 times
Those who have a low income who need these programs to support a family -- leeches and welfare queens.

Those who make the IRS think they have a low income to qualify for programs -- savvy citizens.

I get it now.

Old 04-16-2014, 09:38 AM

3,555 posts, read 4,098,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I'm not object the benefits, I went to court to object to them.

petch's response was how the left continue to argue that those who pay, dont pay enough, while ignoring the others who not only dont pay a dime, but receive payment for not contributing.. It ties into the same question I asked in the OP.
You think making X amount of money and investing or whatever you do is the same as making 15K a year on minimum wage. It isn't. You think that you are the same as somebody making minimum wage and as such they should have to contribute what you should. You aren't.

Old 04-16-2014, 09:41 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,755,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EntropyGuardian View Post
Those who have a low income who need these programs to support a family -- leeches and welfare queens.

Those who make the IRS think they have a low income to qualify for programs -- savvy citizens.

I get it now.
No, They are performing a service the government wants them to. The government doesn't want to be a landlord so they use the tax code to encourage real estate investors so people who can't afford to buy a house have a place to live. Would you rather live in a government run housing high rise also known as the projects?

Old 04-16-2014, 09:41 AM

Quote:

I get it now.
I dont lower my income to qualify for the programs, I lower my income to I have more money to reinvest and thus earn more wealth.

Again, EVERYONE should contribute, myself included.

Without that wealth, I wouldnt have been able to invest in a steel company a few years ago, saving hundreds of jobs. Would you rather these people be out of work so they can become those "leeches"?

Old 04-16-2014, 09:43 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,755,378 times
Quote:
Those who support a liberal political agenda are those who are current beneficiaries of the government's distributions or those who are seeking some form of personal benefit from a government that can dispense money.

Old 04-16-2014, 09:43 AM

32,027 posts, read 36,813,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I dont welcome the benefits, I went to court to object to them.
You could write a check back the government or donate the money to a qualified charity.

Old 04-16-2014, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grsz11 View Post
You think making X amount of money and investing or whatever you do is the same as making 15K a year on minimum wage. It isn't. You think that you are the same as somebody making minimum wage and as such they should have to contribute what you should. You aren't.
If you are raising a family and earning minimum wage, thats YOUR CHOICE.. And government should not be encouraging it and subsidizing it, no more than they should be exempting me from paying taxes.

Old 04-16-2014, 09:45 AM

3,555 posts, read 4,098,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Those who support a liberal political agenda are those who are current beneficiaries of the government's distributions or those who are seeking some form of personal benefit from a government that can dispense money.
Any more strawmen? I don't benefit from the government. The OP does however, but I don't see him supporting a liberal political agenda.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies