Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2014, 08:28 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
What an irrelevant nonsense post to what I have written.

Look someone asked me about referencing white people often and asked was I a racist.

I asked that poster were people who self identify as white are racist given the history of how Europeans became white in America.

And your post to me is bunch of unrelated feelings and reflections about the Irish, a black president, and women?

Nah, this is about the history of the white racial identity, you can either discuss that or carry on.

it must be a sad miserable life seeing racism around every corner.

Old 04-25-2014, 08:33 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,297,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
One person is not a valid data point.

Here is Rev. Wright attributing Obama's 20+ year church's vision statement to Black Liberation Theology:Trinity UCC - talking points

Dr. James H. Cone on Black Liberation Theology:

"all white men are responsible for white oppression"
Black theology and black power - James H. Cone - Google Books+

"The goal of black theology is the destruction of everything white, so that blacks can be liberated from alien gods."
A Black Theology of Liberation - James H. Cone - Google Books

"The free per*son in America is the one who does not tolerate whiteness but fights against it, knowing that it is the source of human misery."

"Most whites, some despite involvement in protests, do believe in "freedom in democracy," and they fight to make the ideals of the Constitution an empirical reality for all. It seems that they believe that, if we just work hard enough at it, this country can be what it ought to be. But it never dawns on these do-gooders that what is wrong with America is not its failure to make the Constitution a reality for all, but rather its belief that persons can affirm whiteness and humanity at the same time."

James Cone - Faculty Biography - Union Theological Seminary

That has nothing to do with anything I have written. Unless you can't read for comprehension.

Writing that the white racial identity is based on white supremacy, racism, and hatred of black people is historically accurate. Europeans did not arrive in America as white. This identity was created. The history of the creation of that identity is knowable and has nothing to do with black liberation theology.

Old 04-25-2014, 08:33 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,707,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Really....can you be that dense???
Wow... given how obtuse your replies to substantive repudiations of what you support have been, its a veritable laugh-riot to see you asking this question.

Old 04-25-2014, 08:34 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,830,974 times
Quote:
I can't help but notice that people self identify as white their whole lives does that make them racist?

Considering that the whole foundation of the white racial identity is white supremacy, racism and hatred of black people. Why would people want to claim an identity that at it's roots were founded in hatred and racism?

To me that is the much more relevant question.
People claim to their identity because it's what they are. By the way, slavery and oppression is not as much of a "white" thing as everybody likes to think it is. Black people, white people, American Indians, Latinos, and Asians have all had and been slaves in their history.

Old 04-25-2014, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
it must be a sad miserable life seeing racism around every corner.
Another irrelevant post. This thread is not about me, yet this is a consistent theme. Hey lets not discuss the issue. Let's talk about a screen name and project unto that screen name nonsense. What a waste.

Old 04-25-2014, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osito View Post
People claim to their identity because it's what they are. By the way, slavery and oppression is not as much of a "white" thing as everybody likes to think it is. Black people, white people, American Indians, Latinos, and Asians have all had and been slaves in their history.
Lol, people weren't always white. This is objective reality. The process by which Europeans became white in America has a history. This history is based on white supremacy, racism and hatred of black people. Those are the founding principles of the white racial identity.

Every other group had their racial identity FORCED upon them. The enslaved didn't choose their racial identity.

Native Americans didn't choose their racial identity. Asians didn't choose their racial identity.

All of these racial identities were FORCED upon them by white supremacy, racism, and violence in America.

Old 04-25-2014, 08:41 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,707,908 times
Quote:
Another irrelevant post. This thread is not about me, yet this is a consistent theme. Hey lets not discuss the issue. Let's talk about a screen name and project unto that screen name nonsense. What a waste.
Evasion is just one in a series of rhetorical tactics those opposed to anti-discrimination use to rationalize their offensive perspectives and conduct.

Old 04-25-2014, 08:42 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times
Quote:

You're the one spewing nonsense on every other thread about how evil conservatives are, and BS that to identify as white is racist! So, expect to be called out when you post crap like that!

Old 04-25-2014, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Really....can you be that dense???
Sure I can be. But my point stands. That militarily spending damn sure doesn't benefit us all monetarily.

Old 04-25-2014, 08:43 AM

89,030 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
That has nothing to do with anything I have written.
You offered yourself as one data point. I countered that your singular data point is irrelevant given our current political environment. I furthermore provided proof that America elected a president who was a member of a racist church for over 20 years. The facts are indisputable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies