Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2014, 01:48 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Please go on forever........

We go fight for OUR interests in the world like every other country on the planet.......well we used to. I guess if things are so bad you should leave.......or do you even live in the US? You sound like one of the canucks who peruse these boards ripping the US.
Sorry bro, but given our history, it's VERY EASY to see why people hate Americans and the United States.

Hell, I can't stand most Americans I meet myself, so I can definitely understand why outsiders feel the way they do.

I mean, "fight for our interests?" Seriously?

It was in our interest to overthrow elected governments, prop up right wing dictators, and invade other nations under false pretenses such as WMD?

Come on KU....you're not being honest with yourself about your country.

Old 04-21-2014, 01:49 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
Very noblepoints
Which I could charge against many governments
The difference is everbody wants to leave there and come here and then talk about our shortcomings

Old 04-21-2014, 01:52 PM

1,198 posts, read 1,180,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Chief... I have to disagree here. I think that what Bent Bow is getting at is that we should stop policing the world, and focus on our own issues at home. We should have heeded the warnings of the forefathers of this nation when it came to meddling in the affairs of other nations... friendly with all nations, allies with none... Seriously, how can we proclaim to bring liberty and freedom to places like Afghanistan, and Iraq, when our own individual freedoms and liberties are getting stripped away in this country?
I disagree. I feel that both Chief and Bent Bow lack is the courage that runs like water brings to these threads. If it wasn't for him, fly's like eagle would still control most of the topics that are started by smiling bear.

Old 04-21-2014, 01:54 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Sorry bro, but given our history, it's VERY EASY to see why people hate Americans and the United States.

Hell, I can't stand most Americans I meet myself, so I can definitely understand why outsiders feel the way they do.

I mean, "fight for our interests?" Seriously?

It was in our interest to overthrow elected governments, prop up right wing dictators, and invade other nations under false pretenses such as WMD?

Come on KU....you're not being honest with yourself about your country.
I wouldn't hate the US...........I would be mad they control the worlds currency. If I were russia/china your damn right. We save the world and seventy years later everybody hates us. How times change. I guess we should have let em all die. Yep that is what liberals appear to want. So be it.

I guess I should just let my children do whatever they want to if they get upset and "hate" me too right?

Simple answer to your question is YES. Sadaam was trying to broker a deal with the EU to trade oil to them. In non US dollars. So yes it was in our best interests. Obama did the same in Libya as Momar was trying to create the African Dinar to trade oil in. I guess some will never take the time to understand our foreign policy just scream about it. Well so be it.

Old 04-21-2014, 01:55 PM

4,412 posts, read 3,959,936 times
The world doesn't hate us. They look at our politics and think that we're insane.
Our inability to tackle problems with any sense of pragmatism is simply baffling to most people from other rich nations. See the ACA fight, funding for education, crumbling infrastructure, gay rights, etc...

Old 04-21-2014, 01:58 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,327,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mon View Post
The world doesn't hate us. They look at our politics and think that we're insane.
Our inability to tackle problems with any sense of pragmatism is simply baffling to most people from other rich nations. See the ACA fight, funding for education, crumbling infrastructure, gay rights, etc...
Give this man a stuffed animal! He nailed it!

Old 04-21-2014, 04:37 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,327,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
6,) The world hates the USA because we have too much individual freedom
Would you care to post some examples of these freedoms other countries like Canada don't have?

Old 04-21-2014, 05:51 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
What? You don't pay for oil with gold bars. You pay for it with US dollars.........treasury notes so to say. I guess I just give up. If you think folks pay for oil with gold then you have no idea why we have even been fighing in the middle east for all these years. Hint...........it aint for gold. We don't care who yanks the oil out of the ground all we as the US care and have cared about is how it's traded and that is in US dollars hence the worlds reserve currency at this time. When it ends which is coming it won't be good for us. Many want that though.

Oil barons are not idiots.

They understand exactly what the Fed is doing.
They are going to get both sides of the dollar bill, that got cut in half and each half now labelled a dollar.

oil is still tied to the gold standard.
A gallon of gas still cost the same as it did in 1920, if you were paying in gold penny weight.

Old 04-21-2014, 05:57 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,933,885 times
Quote:
Well I completely disagree. Until we end the Fed we can't just focus on issues at home. Our dollar is tied to oil and has been since Nixon. Until these folks who scream bring everybody home understand that then IMO they don't even know what is going on.
You think ending the fed will stop all this?

Old 04-21-2014, 06:01 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,933,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
All of which you oppose, correct? As for outsourcing you can thank Bush I and Clinton for that with NAFTA. Ross Perot warned us about the ramifications of NAFTA... you know... that giant sucking sound that you hear? Yet, as usual people didn't listen, labeled him a kook as well, and continue to vote for the same people from both of the corrupted parties.
NM all the other ways the voting system is owned, but since HAVA, the same people reading all the emails are all up in those machines. After Perot they tightened things up even more so.

Goldman Sachs US election investment
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies