Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2014, 11:01 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Really?

WHICH is legal for kids and which isn't?
Not talking about what is legal for kids...........talking about teaching kids what is legal when they become of age. To me life isn't about tomorrow for my kids but the future.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2014, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
leave it to fox to cherry pick the event...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RncBySki3KY

looks really wild!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHjPFrb7-Pg

so wild

now should I post drunk sports fans tearing up the stadiums???
What stadium did these potheads tear up in Colorado? You didn't post that.

Old 04-23-2014, 11:08 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
It is quite the conundrum. I have to find a way to explain it to the kids........but you gotta be 21 first anyway so that is that.
Well... Chief, that's just it. 21 and up. I'm not afraid to have a beer or two in front of my kid, because quite frankly my parents had a drink or two around me, and there was no problem. The bottom line is this, I'm an adult, my kid is not, and therefore that is the way it is.

Quote:
It is.

Yet so are many things our government imposes on us. Why do liberals only scream about pot though is the question. What about all the other crap our government imposes on us that they apparently don't care about? Thing is we are all in the same book...........just on different pages.
True. I prefer less government intrusion, be it ending prohibition of pot, deciding who is allowed to marry, making a power grab against some rancher in the middle of nowhere, just so they can like the mob get a piece of the pie...ect...ect...

Quote:
I believ it should be explained to kids in the same way you'd explain any other substance/activitiy that aren't suitable for kids. If anything, legalization and better control of weed is likely to make it less easily available to those same kids.
Also true. In its current illegal status in most states it's easier for kids to obtain, because drug dealers don't ID.

Quote:
Well you can't do it that way. One thing is legal to the world. One isn't. Maybe you should tell all the DARE pigs to explain it that way. I've had a few go arounds with those clowns too. Just idiots.
Good luck with that. My son went through a DARE class. Alcohol and cigarettes is what they hammered on. No middle ground, or anything about moderation... just bad, bad, bad. The funny thing though is when the DEA was raiding the meth lab in my neighborhood said that weed wasn't the problem, and they will ONLY follow up on it, if they get a call. Otherwise their main focus is the growing heroin and meth epidemic.

Quote:
Really?

WHICH is legal for kids and which isn't?
Neither.

Old 04-23-2014, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
leave it to fox to cherry pick the event...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RncBySki3KY

looks really wild!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHjPFrb7-Pg

so wild

now should I post drunk sports fans tearing up the stadiums???

Look up "Bottlegate" at Cleveland Browns stadium.

Old 04-23-2014, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Good luck with that. My son went through a DARE class. Alcohol and cigarettes is what they hammered on. No middle ground, or anything about moderation... just bad, bad, bad. The funny thing though is when the DEA was raiding the meth lab in my neighborhood said that weed wasn't the problem, and they will ONLY follow up on it, if they get a call. Otherwise their main focus is the growing heroin and meth epidemic.
Just one? Hell my kids tell me about an anti bullying assembly or some DARE crap every week. They all love it of course as they get out of class. None of the kids take it serious nor did any from day one. Kids aren't as dumb as everybody thinks they are. Still have the groups of jocks and nerds and losers on and on in school. Mine laugh about em all even though they won't admit which one they are in. Well I know one is in the jock crowd but he knows to be good. Kids are smarter than we are most of the time......let kids live in their world of kiddom. We all did. Let em figure it out is my opinion.

Old 04-23-2014, 11:17 AM

Quote:
look up "bottlegate" at cleveland browns stadium.:d
lol..........

Old 04-23-2014, 11:19 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
I think the Reefer Madness hyperbole does a great disservice to our kids. While I don't advocate use of weed by kids, realistically, we know there will always be those who will try things. What are the chances they'll heed the warnings about meth/heroin/etc. when they try weed and find out how far they've been misled?

Old 04-23-2014, 11:25 AM

Quote:
I think the Reefer Madness hyperbole does a great disservice to our kids. While I don't advocate use of weed by kids, realistically, we know there will always be those who will try things. What are the chances they'll heed the warnings about meth/heroin/etc. when they try weed and find out how far they've been misled?

Burdell... do you know what is sad? Now my son is only 11 (he just turned last week), so I have a bit of time before the teenage years. With all of the really dangerous substances and pills going around, I would be more relieved if I ever found a bag of weed on him, than pills like Aderol, or Oxys, ect... Yes I'd still be mad due to it's current status, and the fact that he would be underage, but still.... at least you kind of know what you're getting into with weed. That other crap is just nothing but bad news.

Old 04-23-2014, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Burdell... do you know what is sad? Now my son is only 11 (he just turned last week), so I have a bit of time before the teenage years. With all of the really dangerous substances and pills going around, I would be more relieved if I ever found a bag of weed on him, than pills like Aderol, or Oxys, ect... Yes I'd still be mad due to it's current status, and the fact that he would be underage, but still.... at least you kind of know what you're getting into with weed. That other crap is just nothing but bad news.
Been there done that. Not relieved but kids are kids. Sit em down and talk to em and hope they don't keep on. All you can do. Kids think they know everything. Lord is my hair turned gray the last couple years. Now I know why my old man beat me all the time..........LOL.

Old 04-23-2014, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Been there done that. Not relieved but kids are kids. Sit em down and talk to em and hope they don't keep on. All you can do. Kids think they know everything. Lord is my hair turned gray the last couple years. Now I know why my old man beat me all the time..........LOL.

It really is all you can do. My son is getting into that know it all phase and it makes a damn hole in my head! Oh well. It's part of being a parent, and doesn't mean I won't continue to try to reinforce in him making the right choices, as well as there is a time and place for everything.

P.S. I see you got a chuckle out of the "Bottlegate" reference! I was at that game. What a clusterf***!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies