Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2014, 09:34 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,879,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
No one hates stoners, as long as they have real jobs and are contributing to society in a positive way. Unfortunately many do not hold down jobs and do not contribute.
Can you back that statement up with anything other than your own narrow minded beliefs? Because I know a lot of pot smokers, and every one of them is gainfully employed and self-supporting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2014, 09:35 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,428,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Colorado is getting what they wanted.............woodstock. Not that I care...............I believe states do what the voters want. I as anyone else can laugh about it all. It is however illegal in most others to smoke the weed. Drinking is legal but I don't think folks should go out and get drunk all over.
I don't see legality as the main issue here. Although I'd pefer not to have to deal with drivers impaired in any way I'd much rather be on the road with people smoking illegal weed than those impaired by legal alcohol, Ambien, or that text message to Mary Lou that just couldn't wait until he car was parked. (Il)legality does noting to affect the degree of impairment.

Old 04-23-2014, 09:36 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,359,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Can you back that statement up with anything other than your own narrow minded beliefs? Because I know a lot of pot smokers, and every one of them is gainfully employed and self-supporting.
Do you have drug testing at their jobs???

Old 04-23-2014, 09:37 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,428,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Our insurance company has us do drug tests twice a year....us and employees.

They pay for it.
So, you approve of being considered guilty until your innocence is proven?

Welcome to the police state.

Old 04-23-2014, 09:41 AM

13,305 posts, read 7,876,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Our insurance company has us do drug tests twice a year....us and employees.

They pay for it.
If you test positive for pot, your rates should go down.

"Although best known for its psychoactive properties, cannabis, historically ingested in parts of Afghanistan and India to treat infection, fit the bill. Gibbons and his colleagues isolated five cannabinoids from Cannabis sativa and found that each one was effective against MRSA (J Nat Prod, 71:1427-30, 2008).

http://www.the-scientist.com//?artic...ng-Resistance/

Old 04-23-2014, 09:44 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,359,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
If you test positive for pot, your rates should go down.

"Although best known for its psychoactive properties, cannabis, historically ingested in parts of Afghanistan and India to treat infection, fit the bill. Gibbons and his colleagues isolated five cannabinoids from Cannabis sativa and found that each one was effective against MRSA (J Nat Prod, 71:1427-30, 2008).

http://www.the-scientist.com//?artic...ng-Resistance/
No....the employee is gone.....we would no longer be insured if we did not pass.

The DOT also wants a clean test for our CDL licenses.

Old 04-23-2014, 09:57 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,237,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
The park where the 420 celebration was held is full of idiots on a daily basis (I know because I live in Denver) so seeing the type of pot smoker that came to that park for the rally is not surprising. The responsible users were probably at home celebrating Easter with their families or doing something more constructive with their time.
There is no such thing as responsible use of a substance that inevitably damages the body.

To think otherwise is massive stupidity.

Old 04-23-2014, 10:00 AM

13,305 posts, read 7,876,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
There is no such thing as responsible use of a substance that inevitably damages the body.
Body politic?

Old 04-23-2014, 10:03 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,759,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post

To think otherwise is massive stupidity.
In the case of marijuana, sometimes it heals the body as it has medicinal uses. The only potential damage that it can cause comes only from smoking it. Maybe you are forgetting that smoking is just one way to use marijuana.

Old 04-23-2014, 10:04 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,322,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
No one hates stoners, as long as they have real jobs and are contributing to society in a positive way. Unfortunately many do not hold down jobs and do not contribute.
Remember, to Leftists, anyone who doesn't agree with them is a "hater."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies