Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2014, 10:32 AM

322 posts, read 465,309 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
That is plain crazy. The last time I got into a fistfight was back when I was coaching little league. Some jackass clotheslined me as I was walking out of the dugout because he thought I should have pulled his kid off the mound earlier.

Good thing he didn't have a gun, or I might not have come out on top.
I was wrong, it was Forsyth County not Cobb. Here's the new story:

Armed man at Forsyth County park concerns parents

NOTE: Link is auto play news video from 11Alive News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2014, 10:37 AM

28,896 posts, read 30,274,521 times
One time, we were camping with another couple on the fire line in a huge state park up north.

It was dusk, we were all sitting around the camp fire talking and some man walks right thru our camp, with a rifle over both his arms, while he was walking....it was not hunting season. It scared us, b/c the kids were little, but, the husband of my girlfriend who was with us, always carried, so, he had his gun hidden under his jacket, with the safety off....just in case...

But it IS a little un-nerving.

Old 04-25-2014, 10:40 AM
YAZ

7,708 posts, read 14,088,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
CCW holders do not do such things. When I am carrying someone can insult me, badger me, call me everything but human, and they won't get a reaction. Not unless they escalate to lethal force. I have walked away from many such situations and NEVER played a hand on my weapon, and this mentality is representative of the CCW community as a whole.
A cop is far more likely to draw his/her weapon in such a situation than a citizen. Your reasoning is fundamentally flawed and tainted by prejudice.
EVERY single person that I know that CCWs exhibits the same behavior as you cited.

Old 04-25-2014, 10:41 AM
YAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
One time, we were camping with another couple on the fire line in a huge state park up north.

It was dusk, we were all sitting around the camp fire talking and some man walks right thru our camp, with a rifle over both his arms, while he was walking....it was not hunting season. It scared us, b/c the kids were little, but, the husband of my girlfriend who was with us, always carried, so, he had his gun hidden under his jacket, with the safety off....just in case...

But it IS a little un-nerving.

Strange.

When I see folks with guns, I feel safe.

Old 04-25-2014, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
When Florida first had their law changed in the late 80's to allow law abiding citizens to carry weapons/firearms, many an anti-gun person predicted "wild west" type of scenarios. Even some people who were pro-gun were apprehensive about concealed carry, yet none of the gloom & doom predictions came to pass.

Unbeknownst to you and others who visit Florida, you have been standing and sitting next to many armed people. The reason you have not know it is because unlike criminals, the law abiding citizen is not going to act like they are in the wild west. Instead, they have a tool which they never hope to use, but it is better to have it in an emergency than become a crime statistic.

LOL, I didn't know that.....OMG!!!

Seriously, thank you for educating me, honestly, I didn't know that.

But, crime statistics are not correct, and I don't care where anyone gets them from, b/c every city doctors them up....they don't want people to know just how much crime is happening.

Old 04-25-2014, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post
Strange.

When I see folks with guns, I feel safe.

well, maybe so, but we were not used to it, (very small church town growing up)
and that is the attitude and example of, not being able to see both sides of the coin, due to the way you grew up....if you cannot understand what another person feels and why, then your void of awareness.

and I stated many times in this thread, I could be wrong.....

Old 04-25-2014, 12:03 PM

1,743 posts, read 1,659,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NativeJr View Post
I was wrong, it was Forsyth County not Cobb. Here's the new story:

Armed man at Forsyth County park concerns parents

NOTE: Link is auto play news video from 11Alive News
What did this guy do that was illegal? Walked thru a park with a gun on him. How was he flaunting or taunting anyone with it when it was on his waist the whole time?

People are just flat out stupid and like to make things up. Maybe people should just never leave their houses if they are going to act in fear their whole life.

Old 04-25-2014, 12:22 PM
YAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
well, maybe so, but we were not used to it, (very small church town growing up)
and that is the attitude and example of, not being able to see both sides of the coin, due to the way you grew up....if you cannot understand what another person feels and why, then your void of awareness.

and I stated many times in this thread, I could be wrong.....
Thanks for painting me with such a broad brush, my friend.

I grew up in a very small town...and we actually had a couple of churches!

Imagine that......

We used to take our hunting rifles to school during firearms deer season. We had a three hour window of daylight to bring home some venison. No one got shot. No one was worried.

So much for the other side of the coin, eh?

Old 04-25-2014, 12:25 PM
YAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by aedubber View Post
What did this guy do that was illegal? Walked thru a park with a gun on him. How was he flaunting or taunting anyone with it when it was on his waist the whole time?

People are just flat out stupid and like to make things up. Maybe people should just never leave their houses if they are going to act in fear their whole life.
Guns are evil, bad things. They have a wonton need to kill things. Their brains are just hard wired that way. And any person that carries a firearm is reckless, insane, and has a small penis.

Except for the wiminfolk of course.

Old 04-25-2014, 12:43 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,818,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post
Guns are evil, bad things. They have a wonton need to kill things. Their brains are just hard wired that way. And any person that carries a firearm is reckless, insane, and has a small penis.
Yep, seems so. Like that retired Tampa policeman who got into an argument with some guy at a movie. He had a pistol the guy was armed with a bag of popcorn. Guess who lost on that deal. Who was killed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies