Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2014, 08:00 AM

4,088 posts, read 4,387,101 times

Advertisements

Tim Heulskamp's stump speech includes the claim that, thanks to Obamacare, there are now more uninsured people in Kansas now, than before the law was enacted.

Problem is, when Fact Check's Glenn Kessler asked Tim's office for evidence to support that claim... they couldn't produce any!

For Heulskamp's whopper, he earns Fact Checker's coveted FOUR PINOCCHIOS!

The bogus claim that Obamacare has boosted the number of uninsured - The Washington Post
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2014, 08:04 AM

46,267 posts, read 27,085,436 times
Quote:
but he’s not entitled to conjure phony facts out of thin air.
This should go for everyone claiming numbers about the ACA....not just the right....

Old 04-25-2014, 08:11 AM

4,130 posts, read 4,460,290 times
Conservatives have a problem with the truth about the ACA. It seems to come up again and again by their own hands.

Old 04-25-2014, 08:31 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,050,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
This should go for everyone claiming numbers about the ACA....not just the right....
It has. Look at all of the "pinnochios" Obama and others have gotten.

Last edited by sxrckr; 04-25-2014 at 08:42 AM..

Old 04-25-2014, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
It has. Look at all of the "pinnochios" Obama and others have gotten.

Of course partisans like the above ^ ignore that fact.
Really...verify the 8 million number of enrolled....i'll wait...

Old 04-25-2014, 08:41 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,050,509 times
Quote:
Really...verify the 8 million number of enrolled....i'll wait...
Why? That's the Obama administration's responsibility.

I think you mistook which partisan(s) I was referring to. (I edited... was not referring to you but to post #3)

Old 04-25-2014, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
Why? That's the Obama administration's responsibility.

I think you mistook which partisan(s) I was referring to. (I edited... was not referring to you but to post #3)
Sorry about that....

Old 04-25-2014, 09:48 AM

4,088 posts, read 4,387,101 times
Quote:
Agreed! But "Everybody's doing it" is a dodge, not a justification.

But the point of the article is, Heulskamp's making assertions, and is unable to provide any evidence to back them up.

Hence... four Pinocchios!

Old 04-25-2014, 09:50 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,825,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
Tim Heulskamp's stump speech includes the claim that, thanks to Obamacare, there are now more uninsured people in Kansas now, than before the law was enacted.

Problem is, when Fact Check's Glenn Kessler asked Tim's office for evidence to support that claim... they couldn't produce any!

The bogus claim that Obamacare has boosted the number of uninsured - The Washington Post
How about four of "those" every time the POTUS opens his pie hole.

Old 04-25-2014, 10:00 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,295,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post

I keep writing this because it is true. conservatives were completely wrong about their ACA is doomed predictions. I mean they didn't get one right. Not one of their lies, fantasies about the how the law was doomed panned out.

But for conservatives being wrong is not an option. Make believe and lying are options for conservatives but not reflection and changing one's mind.

conservatives know that the ACA disaster is off in the future in the future it will all collapse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies