Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2014, 05:02 PM

4,088 posts, read 4,389,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
They are only low because they are right to work states, wages are not inflated by the union bubble, and miles of regulation...
"Wages are not INFLATED"??????

LMFAO. Yeah, I guess that's one way look at it. Sure wouldn't wanna be one a them "libruls", with all them evil inflated wages...

Christ on a cracker...

Old 04-25-2014, 05:08 PM

31,083 posts, read 22,101,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northbound74 View Post
We are (theoretically) a United States, but I struggle to think of a time when we all agreed on everything.

I agree with the OP. People can vote how they want, but think of what you ran from before casting your usual vote.
Key point

Old 04-25-2014, 05:14 PM

2,903 posts, read 3,459,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
"Wages are not INFLATED"??????

LMFAO. Yeah, I guess that's one way look at it. Sure wouldn't wanna be one a them "libruls", with all them evil inflated wages...

Christ on a cracker...
Red states also get a huge welfare payment from the feds in terms of government spending in relation to the little they pay in federal taxes. Red states are, in essence welfare queens. Nothing wrong with that, not if they didn't deny it all the time. And this massive transfer of federal funds? It's on the backs of blue states, of course. And guess which color whines about high taxes? C'mon, guess!

Old 04-25-2014, 05:17 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,945,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
If you excluded those how would the southern states compare?
With those states many poor blacks/latinos and gang issues...... This brings states down. Blue states make it expensive to make a living in them. Most people are probably running to red states for being business-friendly and low taxes.

Old 04-25-2014, 05:22 PM

11,669 posts, read 17,958,320 times
Are you freekin' kidding me? I have always lived in a blue state and would NOT want to move to a red state. Red states attempt to impose religion on its citizens, deny gays marriage rights, deny reproductive women's rights, suppress voting, reduce funds for public schools, prevent citizens from enrolling in the ACA, and a whole host of other undesirable things.

People are NOT leaving blue states because of liberalism. They're leaving because of generally high cost of living or climate. Blue states tend to be more expensive to live in, perhaps because they usually contain world class cities that MANY people desire to live in (Los Angeles, San Francisco, San Diego, Portland, Seattle, Miami, Chicago, Denver, New York, Boston, Philly, DC, Orlando, Tampa, etc.).

Old 04-25-2014, 05:27 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,022,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
There are no blue or red state companies... there are companies who the states BRIBED to come there...
Shouldn't they all be going to NY then. I'm so tired hearing their Start Up NY commercial on TV.

No taxes for 10 years....

Too bad the north can't bottle our hospitality or our weather

Old 04-25-2014, 05:28 PM

1,970 posts, read 1,762,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
Are you freekin' kidding me? I have always lived in a blue state and would NOT want to move to a red state. Red states attempt to impose religion on its citizens, deny gays marriage rights, deny reproductive women's rights, suppress voting, reduce funds for public schools, prevent citizens from enrolling in the ACA, and a whole host of other undesirable things.
Nothing but misstatements!!!! Try again and this time prove what you post with honest and real cites, which of course you can't do because everything you posted above is nothing but untruths.

Old 04-25-2014, 05:28 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,945,348 times
Quote:
California voted it down!!! What color is that state and who holds seats there for a lifetime??

Quote:
People are NOT leaving blue states because of liberalism. They're leaving because of generally high cost of living or climate. Blue states tend to be more expensive to live in, perhaps because they usually contain world class cities that MANY people desire to live in (Los Angeles, San Francisco, San Diego, Portland, Seattle, Miami, Chicago, Denver, New York, Boston, Philly, DC, Orlando, Tampa, etc.).
They might want to be careful which red state they choose, snow can fall for 8 months at a time in some of them.

Old 04-25-2014, 05:29 PM

39,875 posts, read 26,526,580 times
Interesting premise from the OP, but I think (hope?) it's flawed. I escaped from of the worst of the blue states 20 years ago, the change is beyond refreshing. It's like a weight off the shoulders. I'll fight anything that would make this state as backwards and regressive as New York was then, let alone now. I have a number of neighbors and friends that have escaped from California, many feel the same way-they don't want their new home to go the way of the craphole they left. Now, that seems pretty typical in the rural areas...the more populated towns, not so sure. They are seen as trendy and were discovered by tourists.

Old 04-25-2014, 05:30 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,745,694 times
Quote:

So the high cost of living is not caused by mindless regulations and high taxes?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies