Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2014, 02:06 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,386,190 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbtornado View Post
Yes simply put.. As much as many won't want to hear this.. In general far right Republicans are more selfish than moderates and Democrats.
Right, the people who want to keep what THEY earned are selfish and the people who want to take what SOMEONE ELSE earned isn't. That's what passes for logic in the bizarro liberal world.

Explain why republicans freely give more of their income than democrats? Democrats are incredibly selfish with their own money, they're only "generous" when giving away someone elses.

Old 05-02-2014, 02:08 PM

1,690 posts, read 2,064,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Republicans want to keep what they've earned.

Democrats want to give away what the Republicans have earned.

I hope that wasn't too difficult for you to understand.
No the Republicans didn't earn it, they used being rich to get richer by getting lower interest borrowings than poor folks and by making more money in capital accounts while going to bars and watching football while the dough keeps on multiplying in a portfolio

And they took money from poor people by paying them low wages and charging higher retail prices to make money. The reason they can do this is they had money to put up because they are riding someone else's efforts. So the way our system works is forevermore, they are wealthy masters of the impossible ....giving everybody so many consumption choices ....when all they really did was replicate what someone else already did and they got deep pockets

A rich corporate guy with already millions can add a new letter to the alphabet and give it a new name and it will be worth millions the next day

A starving poor person can have a billion brilliant superior ideas and be told "get a job you lazy bum"

Old 05-02-2014, 02:10 PM

1,989 posts, read 2,540,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricS39 View Post
No the Republicans didn't earn it, they used being rich to get richer by getting lower interest borrowings than poor folks and by making more money in capital accounts while going to bars and watching football while the dough keeps on multiplying in a portfolio

And they took money from poor people by paying them low wages and charging higher retail prices to make money. The reason they can do this is they had money to put up because they are riding someone else's efforts.
Damn you almost had all of them in two sentences, but you forgot white racist and homophobic.

Old 05-02-2014, 02:10 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,160,330 times
Quote:

And they took money from poor people by paying them low wages and charging higher retail prices to make money. The reason they can do this is they had money to put up because they are riding someone else's efforts.

Old 05-02-2014, 02:11 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,544,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA Bubbleup View Post
I'm an uncalculably insensitive but objective right leaning, moderate conservative (niche group, maybe even a party of 1). I don't own a Mercedes but a 2004 Honda Accord w/ 160K miles.
Not quite. A party of at least 3 and we drive a 2007 Honda Accord with 70K miles on it. At least yours is broken-in now. Ours is getting there.

No party affiliations, loyalties or unthinking votes in this household. We're both retired political and legislative analysts and total independents. Thinking for ourselves is a nice place to be so long as you don't call yourself that and cleave to a party line or ask stupid questions on the Internet with your mind (what mind?) already made up.

Old 05-02-2014, 02:13 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,604,935 times
Quote:

If they were paying poor people, wouldn't that be giving them money rather than taking it? This whole time, I didn't realize my paycheck was a way of taking money from me.

So, the republicans are rich. They didn't get rich on their own, but they got rich because they had money to put up? Makes no sense. These non-rich people were different from the other non-rich people because they had money?

Sorry, I'm getting seasick trying to make sense of your arguments.

Old 05-02-2014, 02:13 PM

594 posts, read 346,893 times
Quote:
Don't you want the poor struggling people get the welfare benefits they need to survive?

While you drive your Mercedes Benz and watch your 401k reach the million mark, people are on the streets struggling every day and you can help them out but to administrate each person helping out needs to be done on a large economy of scale

So best way I can think of is we pay a little bit more every April 15th (once a year is not a lot to ask) so every struggling day benefits can be redistributed to starving jobless folks who have kids to support and need to eat and sleep.

Liberals are ok with this but Conservative Republicans aren't. Why not ?
I do not know any self professed Conservative or Republican who opposses govrnment programs to assist "starving jobless folks who have kids" so your premise is flawed.

Old 05-02-2014, 02:16 PM

2,865 posts, read 3,638,442 times
Don't you want the poor struggling people get the welfare benefits they need to survive?

As long as they realize that they are NOT a life-time benefit and they have to keep trying to improve their situation. These benefits are understood to be the bare minimum needed to survive (no alcohol,tobacco,candy,cable/satellite TV, etc.)

While you drive your Mercedes Benz and watch your 401k reach the million mark, people are on the streets struggling every day and you can help them out but to administrate each person helping out needs to be done on a large economy of scale

Don't drive a Mercedes Benz. Don't have a 401k that is worth even in the 100,000s. I disagree. Helping should be administered on the local level where people are people and familiar faces and not statistics and numbers.

So best way I can think of is we pay a little bit more every April 15th (once a year is not a lot to ask) so every struggling day benefits can be redistributed to starving jobless folks who have kids to support and need to eat and sleep.

Why do people like you always want to redistribute other people's wealth/money? I can never understand that. You are not happy just giving your own away, you want to tell other people what to do with their hard-earned doallars as well. And it is not just about supporting the poor either.

Liberals are ok with this but Conservative Republicans aren't. Why not ?

Because conservatives don't try to take other peoples' money and then use the excuse that it is for the poor. What gives liberals the idea that they have the right to redistribute others wealth and if the "others" don't agree that makes them mean, cheap, uncaring etc? Liberals, you don't control the language by the way. Stop thinking that you do.

Old 05-02-2014, 02:18 PM

1,690 posts, read 2,064,776 times
Republicans pretend they started a business from scratch and took a risk but it really doesn't work like that. What they really do is get in because they know someone in a high place. Because it is not too many businesses you can make it right now from scratch, even if you have the best product on earth.

People buy what's in fashion and what's in fashion is determined by rich people who use conservative talk show airwaves to steer fashion so you can control what's in fashion and then control what succeeds and then republicans succeed and poor liberal guys can't win

So liberal guys call it quits on trying to be business owners and instead they have to work and work but it's not enough to pay the bills and it is deemed their fault so it's not fair

Old 05-02-2014, 02:22 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,604,935 times
Quote:
Republicans pretend they started a business from scratch and took a risk but it really doesn't work like that. What they really do is get in because they know someone in a high place.
1. So everyone that started a business did so because they knew someone is a high place? Most business are small and never get to the point of "a high place."

2. Do only republicans start businesses - no democrats? Or is it that the democrats just start the ones that have no knowledge of anyone in high places?

3. If I know my Congressman and start a business, do I not take on a risk? If it goes bankrupt as many do, am I not the one carrying that burden?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies