Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2014, 06:07 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,887,502 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
We could also go take that water if need be.............
Somehow I don't think that'd be well received by the other members of NATO, Russia and China either so... you could but you won't because it would be a disaster for all involved.. Plus you do realize Canada has stockpiles of all kinds of nasty things right...

'officially' we don't have any of these things...

Canada and weapons of mass destruction - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2014, 06:10 PM

2,523 posts, read 2,204,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
Somehow I don't think that'd be well received by the other members of NATO, Russia and China either so... you could but you won't because it would be a disaster for all involved.. Plus you do realize Canada has stockpiles of all kinds of nasty things right...

'officially' we don't have any of these things...

Canada and weapons of mass destruction - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
All Canadian cities would be a pile of ruble in the first day.

Old 05-05-2014, 06:23 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,497,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Part of that bad PR is because for the last few decades we really haven't been doing that much "good". WWII was the last (and maybe ONLY) time we were clearly being the good guys and not merely following our national interests. Well, Korea might count too.
For the most part though, most of our military adventures were not really "just for good" - not Vietnam, not Panama, certainly not Iraq.

I should also point out that in nearly all the wars we've fought, Canadians have been at our side (not in big numbers to be sure - but they've almost always been there) including Afganistan and both Gulf Wars. Though their numbers are small, Canada has almost always stood by America - not only that, but in the most obvious confrontation of good vs evil (ie WW II) Canada was FAR quicker to respond than the US was. We literally were forced into that war - even though it was pretty clear the enemies were REALLY BAD.

Ken

An example from Korea:

Korean War battle of Kapyong among Canada’s greatest victories | National Post

And examples from Afghanistan:

Bolt Actions Speak Louder Than Words - Canadian Soldiers Take Out Taliban!

And in general:

http://www.bmsl.ca/vfw.pdf

Old 05-05-2014, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigantown View Post
Hey good stuff; those rubles would be good for dealing with Russia to buy more weapons.

Old 05-05-2014, 06:29 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,329,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Hey good stuff; those rubles would be good for dealing with Russia to buy more weapons.
Exellent point! You can send me to do the negotiations.
I speak the language.

Old 05-05-2014, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Coors............not the light........is good beer. I used to work for a distributor years ago. My old man's fav beer too for some reason still.
You're gonna love this; my favourite is Yuenglings Origional. I can't get it by crossing into Michigan but have it brought up for me by friends who visit. I try to make friends of those who own pick-up trucks.

When in Florida for the winter a case of 24 costs me $17 at Sam's Club while a case of anything up here in Ontario is pushing $60. Sheeesh. I'm gonna start distilling that dang syrup.

Old 05-05-2014, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigantown View Post
In any case, you're going to have to borrow money to reduce us to a pile of "ruble", and we won't lend you any more.
You're clearly not very good with money.

Old 05-05-2014, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Exellent point! You can send me to do the negotiations.
I speak the language.
When it hit's the fan; we'll get you over there to bring back a couple of these beauties.

Kord machine gun - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 05-05-2014, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
When it hit's the fan; we'll get you over there to bring back a couple of these beauties.

Kord machine gun - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Da, comrade.
No problem.

Old 05-05-2014, 06:48 PM

25,850 posts, read 16,537,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
You're speaking in absolute terms instead of relative terms... For the average joe blow relative terms are far more important than absolute.

Canada's population is 35 million with a GDP of 1.85 Trillion
California's is 38 million with a GDP of 2.0 Trillion

They are remarkable the same and that is the case in general between the U.S and Canada. The main difference is that for the average joe in Canada, the value of his real estate is higher than the average joe in the U.S -hence a 'slightly' richer middle class.

Both countries invest heavily in one another.. Again in absolute terms the U.S invests more but there are 10:1 Americans to Canadians so that stands to reason.
No doubt. Canada is a great country, annoying to me at times but really, all BS aside how can you not respect that country? The US and Canada have had a great, cooperative relationship for a long time no matter what some of us boneheads say on this forum just to pass the time.

Loved the movie Canadian Bacon, love hockey, HATE to see Canadian teams move to the US, absolutely LOVED Trailer Park Boys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies