Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2014, 09:50 PM

1,690 posts, read 2,061,329 times

Advertisements

Like a Chinese second-generation California-born leader perhaps

Assuming Chinese: (here's a food/grocery technique that could work)

President can restructure food stamp programs to include fortune cookies with messages in the cookies to inspire people on welfare to find jobs and it would be a bipartisan leader.

And inclusion of helping what is working
Chinese express food is in the poorest neighborhoods feeding starving poor people in our inner cities with spring rolls, eggs drop soup, sesame chicken lo mein...so if we just have fortune cookies as handouts included it can reach poor people messages of inspiration on how to get off the welfare system. So Chinese president would know how to save public assistance and food aid by using a Chinese express food mechanism that would be way more cost-effective

Old 05-11-2014, 09:55 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,469,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricS39 View Post

Assuming Chinese:
Do you have any specific Senator, Governor, or other person in mind? What if they don't agree with your political views?

Old 05-11-2014, 09:59 PM

1,690 posts, read 2,061,329 times
Any Asian American Political leaders

Congresswoman Judy Chu

Old 05-11-2014, 10:16 PM

3,304 posts, read 2,173,598 times
A Chinese man who runs on the Chinese proverb, "Give a man a fish and feed him for a day, teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime." That could be his campaign slogan. And he could promise to build the Great Wall of America on the southern border. He has to look like Chow Yun Fat though, not like Sammo Hung.

Old 05-11-2014, 10:19 PM

10,219 posts, read 15,934,635 times
My favorite Asian American elected officials are Bobby Jindal and Nikki Haley.

Other minority candidates I support would be Ted Cruz and Ben Carson. I am of Asian descent but I don't vote based on race. I know that's super hard for Democrats to understand, given how much racially based voting contributed to Obama's victory and how many legal Hispanics support illegal immigration for racial reasons.

Old 05-11-2014, 10:28 PM

7,359 posts, read 6,531,454 times
No one's said we can't have one. If one wants to run, more power to them and I will evaluate their policy stances at that time to determine my support for them.

Old 05-11-2014, 10:40 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,744,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricS39 View Post

Assuming Chinese: (here's a food/grocery technique that could work)

President can restructure food stamp programs to include fortune cookies with messages in the cookies to inspire people on welfare to find jobs and it would be a bipartisan leader.

And inclusion of helping what is working
Chinese express food is in the poorest neighborhoods feeding starving poor people in our inner cities with spring rolls, eggs drop soup, sesame chicken lo mein...so if we just have fortune cookies as handouts included it can reach poor people messages of inspiration on how to get off the welfare system. So Chinese president would know how to save public assistance and food aid by using a Chinese express food mechanism that would be way more cost-effective
Maybe we should focus on their policies,views, and values and not their race or skin color...

This idea that because they are Hispanic or Asian or black they should run for office or should vote for them is the dumbest damn thing I have ever heard.

Old 05-11-2014, 11:42 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,199,992 times
The only way to have an Asian American President is for there to be an Asian American candidate. I am not aware of any candidates for the office in my lifetime to be honest. I have no problem with a person of ANY race or ethnicity being President and I would vote for a person of ANY race or ethnicity if I thought they would be the best person for the office.

Old 05-12-2014, 12:36 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 25 days ago)

29,566 posts, read 16,552,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
My favorite Asian American elected officials are Bobby Jindal and Nikki Haley.

Other minority candidates I support would be Ted Cruz and Ben Carson. I am of Asian descent but I don't vote based on race. I know that's super hard for Democrats to understand, given how much racially based voting contributed to Obama's victory and how many legal Hispanics support illegal immigration for racial reasons.
black people vote for Democrats, race had nothing to do with it.
http://origin.factcheck.org/Images/i..._Vote_Pres.jpg

Last edited by Ibginnie; 05-12-2014 at 09:20 AM.. Reason: personal attack

Old 05-12-2014, 06:52 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,026,245 times
I'd vote for Bobby Jindal. He has executive experience, he's doing a good job, I like the way he stood up to Obama during the BP oil thing and he stinks at giving speeches so maybe as President he'd do less of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies