Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2014, 09:16 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,297,969 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
NFL Player Fined After Posting Negative Tweets about Michael Sam

Well that should seal it. Im done with the NFL now if this is what its come to. A fine and "re-education" for daring to say he thought the kiss was gross?! Really?! ********* NFL and the rest of these loons.

This is un-American insanity. This is the sort of thing I knew would be coming after the gay marriage push. You cant even utter a single thought of a hint of negativity about anything homo or you get punished now. You aren't allowed to feel differently and say something about it now.

I found the kiss gross too. Thank God I dont work for an org. like the NFL that would punish me for daring to say so.
To me this isn't about the NFL, though. I personally was uncomfortable with that kiss and thought to myself was it necessary? I thought it was forced and for show, but my personal feelings are my personal feelings right, but here comes the difficult part for me in this kind of thing.

Would I have been uncomfortable if that guy had a of kissed a woman? No, I wouldn't have.

Now again those are my personal feelings and that is probably indicative of my personal biases.

But so far this is all about my personal feelings and really not about the larger society.

The question becomes and it is a serious question how do you have a fair society to homosexuals if people are allowed to express their personal disgust with homosexuals without marginalizing homosexuals within society?

This is the issue and the challenge, yes that man has a right to his personal feelings. I sort of share them, but I also see the bigger picture that if that opinion is allowed to be shared without criticism, then we will recreate an oppressive society in which gay people are kept in the closet. And I don't support that.

Because that is how oppression works, it starts out with personal condemnation of a group by individuals and organizations, and if that group can't or doesn't push back hard and allows that personal condemnation to go unanswered and unpunished, the next step is societal and official/government condemnation.

So for homosexuals I get why a lot of them feel like they can't let these kinds of insults slide when coming from famous people, and I get why the NFL seeing the shifting public opinion doesn't want to be associated with this kind of personal prejudiced that harkens back to real oppression of homosexuals.

Last edited by Iamme73; 05-12-2014 at 09:48 AM..

Old 05-12-2014, 09:16 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,202,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Then tell me, what is the difference between a heterosexual relationship and a homosexual relationship?
A homosexual "relationship" is a perversion.

Old 05-12-2014, 09:17 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
I am more open minded than you'll ever know. I just see through the bulls*** of the left, and their agenda to destroy everyone by any means possible, who isn't like them. Besides, if you honestly think that a libertarian would go along with what passes for today's liberals you're sadly mistaken. So go ahead and proclaim free market all you want. You're only for it, until someone disagrees with your view point. I on the other hand don't give a s*** what this player says, because it has no bearing on my life, my household, and how I live. I will however, defend his right to speak his mind.
So basically you are saying you are only for the free market until it disagrees with you? This is the free market acting, and you seem to think the free market is now wrong for acting?

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Quote:
As right wingers would say on this site, only when the mob approves, and right now, the right wing mob does not approve of this private business decision.
They await talking points from Fox, Limbaugh, Beck, etc.

14,917 posts, read 13,103,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Your hatred of homosexuals is an abomination.

Old 05-12-2014, 09:18 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,243,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
You can always move to Russia.
Probably be a better fit for you and those like you!!!!!! And if you wonder why, it's because you and YOUR like get off on telling others what they should think and what they should say or not say!!!!!!

Old 05-12-2014, 09:19 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,103,566 times
Quote:
And? What if the heterosexual couples uses condoms or don't actually have sex? What is the definition of relationship?
Don't forget anal and oral sex. Heterosexuals have lots and lots of anal and oral sex.

Quote:
I know some perverse heterosexual couples, but what is the definition of relationship?

741 posts, read 764,404 times
Quote:
Most heterosexual relationships are pervisions, and sins.

Old 05-12-2014, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Don't forget anal and oral sex. Heterosexuals have lots and lots of anal and oral sex.
Heck, I have known of guys that like receiving anal sex from their girlfriend, but in no way is attracted to men.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies