Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2012, 11:10 AM

4,468 posts, read 8,007,381 times

Advertisements

From a article in on Yahoo: Police in South Carolina say that a McDonald's worker spit in two customers' cups of iced tea after they returned them because they weren't sweet enough. A video shows the employee,19-year-old Marvin Washington Jr., leaning over the open cups before giving them back. The fast food chain patrons claim they discovered phlegm in the drinks when they removed their tops. He was arrested Wednesday and charged with malicious tampering with food.

AND:

Chicken scandals

There are many more recent examples of restaurants serving contaminated food and having unsanitary kitchens, especially by fast food joints. Most recently, a lawsuit by the former manager of a Kentucky Friend Chicken franchise in Oregon alleges the owner fired other employees for refusing to serve chicken that had turned green and passed its expiration date. According to the lawsuit, he resigned because he "couldn't stand serving rotten chicken to families anymore."

AND, IF THIS ISN'T ENOUGH:

The Huffington Post catalogs a revolting list of items reported to have been found in customers' fast food. Some of the gruesome highlights: maggots in Wendy's fries, saliva on a Whopper, a bloody band-aid in a Pizza Hut pizza crust, and a fried mouse in a basket of Popeye's chicken.

WELL MAYBE PINK SLIME ISN'T THAT BAD AFTER ALL!!

That's all I have to say about that:......

HW
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2012, 01:30 PM

5,346 posts, read 9,860,573 times
I remember several years ago a Jack in the Box employee blew his nose onto a burger and served it to a customer that had complained about something. One of his coworkers turned him in, and he was charged with assault by bodily fluids.

Unless you prepare it yourself at home, you never know what is in or on your food.

Old 04-20-2012, 01:35 PM

2,401 posts, read 4,686,224 times
Yikes!!!
Why eating out at common chains / even smaller restaurants is less & less appealing to me.
I'd rather save up $$$$$ & get a really really "great" like "iron chefs great" restaurants experience.

Been in some that practically abused the customers... seriously.
Why??? We are the ones paying for our food & giving you jobs are we not???
Why are we even getting abused???
We don't owe you (the bad restaurants) to eat here.

P.S. Maybe the same reasons why even my DH loves eating my home cooking to many "chefs" out there...
He once got "he thinks is pubic hair" at McDonalds too so many many years ago even before he knew me... but is too kind to get the employee fired.

Old 04-20-2012, 01:39 PM

20,937 posts, read 28,443,988 times
That's why if the food isn't good at a restauraunt I don't complain because I am afraid they will spit and blow snot into my food. This gives me even more of a reason to stay away from fast food chains. I was staying away for health reasons now I am plan to stay away for good because of this post.

Old 04-20-2012, 01:48 PM

17,400 posts, read 16,547,378 times
Wow what a sicko (shudder). I've worked in my fair shares of restaurants and no way is this behavior common - thank goodness.

Old 04-20-2012, 02:14 PM

2,401 posts, read 4,686,224 times
Why it is important for your money & for time well spent to "scope out"
(do homework like restaurant "stakeout" eg. look at reviews, make sure one note the one star... people do not give one star for no reasons {look-out when there is excessive 1 star / 2 star}, but restaurants can get 5 stars easily via a few friends / contacts)
the restaurants you are "interested in" like buying a drink & sitting in at a restaurant during down time (before & after lunch hour) to see how the people working there "prep" the dishes you'll be eating (very important).

So you "know" where to spend you hard earned money.

Like finding that good hairdresser... once one "fit" your criteria (treat you well like it should), be a good regular patron for it.

Old 04-20-2012, 02:16 PM

2,162 posts, read 3,366,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missik999 View Post
I remember several years ago a Jack in the Box employee blew his nose onto a burger and served it to a customer that had complained about something. One of his coworkers turned him in, and he was charged with assault by bodily fluids.

Unless you prepare it yourself at home, you never know what is in or on your food.
THIS is why I never eat at fast food places. Ever. Just gross.

Old 04-20-2012, 03:36 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,958,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hueyeats View Post
(do homework like restaurant "stakeout" eg. look at reviews, make sure one note the one star... people do not give one star for no reasons
I've seen people give one-star reviews for Mexican restaurants because they don't like Mexican food.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink