Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2014, 01:51 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,736,617 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
Ahem. I hate to break it to you, but none of us would be here if it wasn't for WOMEN.

For all of your silly hysterics about the sacredness of "man and woman = life," there still wouldn't any life if we didn't give up our biological substances to make that life into a person.

And guess what? Lesbians can carry children, and gay men can donate sperm.

Which makes lesbians and straight women the ONLY ones actually involved in "life." And if a lesbian wants to carry the baby of a sperm donor, or a straight woman wants to carry the baby of a gay man, there ain't nothin' Mother Nature can do about it.

Oh, oops. Guess that blows a hole in your precious bigotry excuse -- er, theory.

None of us would be here without male sperm.

Old 05-12-2014, 01:52 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,263,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Apples and oranges. Believing homosexuality is a sin is not hate speech. Your example is.
My example is simply another reflection of social acceptance. The NFL would fine a guy -- or more -- for using the N word, or a lot of other things.

You can believe it's a sin if you want, but that's not the issue here. The issue is your freedom to say ugly things about it without any social consequences whatsoever. And guess what? You lose.

Old 05-12-2014, 01:52 PM

860 posts, read 1,110,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Not to mention that homosexual couples adopt children that are produced by the sacred penis and vagina relationships and then are tossed out like last weeks news.
That's true. I'm glad that those children are adopted by gay couples. I have no problem with that at all.

Old 05-12-2014, 01:53 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,263,400 times
Quote:
Yeah? What do you propose to do with it if there are no women to carry babies? Teach it to play the piano?

Old 05-12-2014, 01:54 PM

2,463 posts, read 2,789,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
ENOUGH! It is NOT racist or hate to say you find a certain couple kiss. Period. I saw it and I thought it was gross. That does not make me some hater or anyone else a hater. That is not discrimination either.

And what happens to the player who DARE says out loud that he doesnt feel comfortable dressing and showering with a man who is attracted to men? Does he get bashed, fined, and punished too? This whole damn thing is insane. This isnt even about homosexuality. Its about the damn agenda and the bullying of those that push it. They want to threaten and punish people into silence
What Donald Sterling said was arguably not racist either. He simply told his girlfriend not to bring black people to the games. She was black herself, and he was sleeping with her, he can't be all that racist now, can he? His comments were private, this guy was baited, and ambushed. BTW, men have been showering and dressing in locker rooms for decades and no ones ever had a problem.

Last edited by 9162; 05-12-2014 at 02:04 PM..

Old 05-12-2014, 01:55 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times
Quote:
That's easy enough to get. Most men aren't too judicious about where their sperm goes.

Old 05-12-2014, 01:55 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,736,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Not to mention that homosexual couples adopt children that are produced by the sacred penis and vagina relationships and then are tossed out like last weeks news.
Or a heterosexual couple could adopt the same children and the child benefits from having both a male and female parents. If we as a society truly believed that there is no difference in the gender roles in regards to parenting, why do we celebrate mothers day and fathers day as completely separate? Should we change tradition again for the 5%, and just have "parents day"?

Old 05-12-2014, 01:56 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,103,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9162 View Post
What Donald Sterling said was arguably not racist either. He simply told his girlfriend not to bring black people to the games. She was black herself, and he was sleeping with her, can't be all that racist now, can he?
Many slaveowners slept with black women while at the same time holding the view that black people were sub-human. I guess the sex meant they weren't racists either.

Old 05-12-2014, 01:57 PM

2,463 posts, read 2,789,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite97 View Post
Maybe because many see race and being gay as two totally different things.
Yeh, but both are immutable qualities that define us, that are a part of us, that cannot be changed. People justify bigotry against either, for similar reasons. The problem is, gays are often invisible, and have been forced to stay invisible in order to survive, but that's not going to work any more. See the point?

Old 05-12-2014, 01:58 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,908,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy52 View Post
The employee was not commenting on his owner or his company.

He was commenting on the behavior of another person who works for the same company.

I doubt in the " real world" anything would happen.
So what? I 100% guaranty that every NFL player signed a code of conduct agreement which included bans to offensive speech in public which might reflect badly upon the league or offend potential customers. He signed the agreement as a condition to employment, he agreed not to do this, he also no doubt signed an agreement to abide by any fines or penalties the league hands down in the event he brakes the agreement so... It's all cut and dried in signed legally enforceable contracts. He didn't hold up his side of the contract, period.

He can now either abide by the penalties previously agreed upon in writing or he can find himself a new line of work. End of story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies