Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2014, 01:58 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Or a heterosexual couple could adopt the same children and the child benefits from having both a male and female parents. If we as a society truly believed that there is no difference in the gender roles in regards to parenting, why do we celebrate mothers day and fathers day as completely separate? Should we change tradition again for the 5%, and just have "parents day"?
I am a mother, my fiancee is also a mother.

Male parent - father
Female parent - mother.

The sexual orientation makes no difference.

Plus, there aren't enough heterosexual people willing to adopt all of the children in the system, or there wouldn't be thousands that age out of the system every year.

Old 05-12-2014, 01:59 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,736,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
That's easy enough to get. Most men aren't too judicious about where their sperm goes.
And your point does nothing to support your claim that men are not needed for creating life.

Old 05-12-2014, 02:01 PM

860 posts, read 1,110,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9162 View Post
Yeh, but both are immutable qualities that define us, that are a part of us, that cannot be changed. People justify bigotry against either, for similar reasons. The problem is, gays are often invisible, and have been forced to stay invisible in order to survive, but that's not going to work any more. See the point?
True, but many people see being gay as an action or even a choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
And your point does nothing to support your claim that men are not needed for creating life.
I didn't claim that.

10,379 posts, read 10,919,333 times
What amazes me in the last 10 years or so is the increasing tendency of the society to become more authoritarian, and less about people being able to express their own views and opinions. Telling players, owners and others that are just members of an organization what they may believe or feel about a political, social or religious issue sounds like slavery to me. I can understand that an organization may not like public criticisms of its policies and procedures, but if people are not allowed to dissent, how does any problems get fixed. The USA is starting to feel more and more like a dictatorship.

Old 05-12-2014, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite97 View Post
True, but many people see being gay as an action or even a choice.
Many people believe the earth is 6000 years old. People believe many strange and incorrect things.

1,730 posts, read 1,362,551 times
What's funny is most of these defenders only act like this to feel better about themselves. They don't care about this guy or how he botched his little 15 minutes of fame with a preplanned grossout of a kiss.
And that's their right, just as its a normal persons right to be sickened by the sight of 2 grown men swapping spit and commenting on their feelings also.
As far as the NFL stepping in, no surprise there. They had to to protect themselves.
This guy Sam isn't stupid, I'm betting. He knows he's undersized for an NFL slot. It was really obvious the whole kiss this was staged like an SNL skit. He was hoping for inaction by the NFL , the comments after, then the lawsuits would fly.
Just my guess.

5,365 posts, read 6,339,276 times
What that player said was rude, insulting, and down right "disgusting" in itself. He deserves to be suspended if you ask me.

If someone has nothing nice to say, they should keep their mouths shut or face the consequences.

860 posts, read 1,110,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
I am a mother, my fiancee is also a mother.

Male parent - father
Female parent - mother.

The sexual orientation makes no difference.

Plus, there aren't enough heterosexual people willing to adopt all of the children in the system, or there wouldn't be thousands that age out of the system every year.
I do feel it's best when a child has a mother and a father in their life, but I'm glad that a gay couple adopts children who need a home and someone to love them.

Old 05-12-2014, 02:03 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,037,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
Ahem. I hate to break it to you, but none of us would be here if it wasn't for WOMEN.

For all of your silly hysterics about the sacredness of "man and woman = life," there still wouldn't any life if we didn't give up our biological substances to make that life into a person.

And guess what? Lesbians can carry children, and gay men can donate sperm.

Which makes lesbians and straight women the ONLY ones actually involved in "life." And if a lesbian wants to carry the baby of a sperm donor, or a straight woman wants to carry the baby of a gay man, there ain't nothin' Mother Nature can do about it.

Oh, oops. Guess that blows a hole in your precious bigotry excuse -- er, theory.

That's fine. But one thing that will NEVER change, is that two gay people will NEVER be able to create life. Because their relationship is not normal as per nature intended.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies