Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2014, 02:03 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,262,489 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
Yeah? What do you propose to do with it if there are no women to carry babies? Teach it to play the piano?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
That's easy enough to get. Most men aren't too judicious about where their sperm goes.
Quote:
I didn't claim that.
Neither did I. I merely pointed out that men are completely irrelevant without the women, and after the sperm is donated, the biological process that he finds so "natural" MUST take place ONLY with a woman, whether it's a lesbian or a straight woman.

It's such a silly argument he's making, I couldn't resist.

Old 05-12-2014, 02:04 PM

860 posts, read 1,110,208 times
Quote:
Many people believe the earth is 6000 years old. People believe many strange and incorrect things.
My point is they don't think it's incorrect or strange. Race and being gay is totally different.

Being gay is similar to being straight. A sexual orientation or preference. Race is totally different.

Old 05-12-2014, 02:04 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,337,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
What amazes me in the last 10 years or so is the increasing tendency of the society to become more authoritarian, and less about people being able to express their own views and opinions. Telling players, owners and others that are just members of an organization what they may believe or feel about a political, social or religious issue sounds like slavery to me. I can understand that an organization may not like public criticisms of its policies and procedures, but if people are not allowed to dissent, how does any problems get fixed. The USA is starting to feel more and more like a dictatorship.
You can say whatever you want, but there are consequences for barbaric and rude behavior. If I was to say something of a similar nature to what this player did at my job I would probably be fired. That is not a matter of free speech, it is a matter of decency.

Old 05-12-2014, 02:05 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,734,940 times
Quote:
I am a mother, my fiancee is also a mother.

Male parent - father
Female parent - mother.

The sexual orientation makes no difference.

Plus, there aren't enough heterosexual people willing to adopt all of the children in the system, or there wouldn't be thousands that age out of the system every year.
You can redefine the roles all you want, but the fact remains that male and females both contribute distinct roles in raising the child.

And 5% of the population (and that's assuming every gay couple would want to adopt) wouldn't make a dent in adopting all the children in the system.

Old 05-12-2014, 02:06 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite97 View Post
I do feel it's best when a child has a mother and a father in their life, but I'm glad that a gay couple adopts children who need a home and someone to love them.
My children have two parents that love them unconditionally, and a huge extended family. All of them are well adjusted, and successful. What more could having a person with a penis living in the house possibly change?

If you are parenting with your genitalia, you are doing it WRONG.

Old 05-12-2014, 02:07 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,734,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CravingMountains View Post
You can say whatever you want, but there are consequences for barbaric and rude behavior. If I was to say something of a similar nature to what this player did at my job I would probably be fired. That is not a matter of free speech, it is a matter of decency.

Why are there no consequences for talking trash and making fun of Christians?

Old 05-12-2014, 02:07 PM

860 posts, read 1,110,208 times
Quote:
My children have two parents that love them unconditionally, and a huge extended family. All of them are well adjusted, and successful. What more could having a person with a penis living in the house possibly change?

If you are parenting with your genitalia, you are doing it WRONG.

Maybe it won't change anything, but I just feel a child should have a mother and a father.

Old 05-12-2014, 02:08 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,262,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
You can redefine the roles all you want, but the fact remains that male and females both contribute distinct roles in raising the child.

And 5% of the population (and that's assuming every gay couple would want to adopt) wouldn't make a dent in adopting all the children in the system.
Whooooosh! There go those goalposts.

First it was "Life is created only by man + woman having sex." Now it's "Raising the child is only man + woman."

2,463 posts, read 2,788,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Many slaveowners slept with black women while at the same time holding the view that black people were sub-human. I guess the sex meant they weren't racists either.
Sterling isn't a slave owner. He is a billionaire who can afford to sleep with just about anyone he desires, but for whatever reason, he chose to sleep with a black women. Also, I don't think too many slave owners bought their black female slaves a 1.8M mansion, two Ferraris and a Bentley.

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Why are there no consequences for talking trash and making fun of Christians?

Can you say... double standard?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies