Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2014, 10:33 AM

1,070 posts, read 740,645 times

Advertisements

That's it. Can't rep you anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
That was enough?

Enough for what? To kill him?

Sorry, I don't think so. Even in Montana, we have a judicial SYSTEM. A SYSTEM that gives the accused a chance to defend himself. A SYSTEM where the penalty for trespass is not death.

Mr Kaarma chose to MURDER someone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2014, 10:34 AM

Nope, I provided a graph compiled by Tax Foundation. There are more freeloaders in Texas than most liberal states.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
You provided a blog...Hahahhahaaaaaa

And you complain about the other guy. hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Old 05-19-2014, 10:38 AM

46,326 posts, read 27,162,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapaport View Post
Nope, I provided a graph compiled by Tax Foundation. There are more freeloaders in Texas than most liberal states.
No, you provided a chart from a blog.....That's what "blog" means on the front page....

Of course I could be talking about the wrong site, since you provide no link...

And, that site is not even a federal site....(.org)

Old 05-19-2014, 10:48 AM

Quote:
No, you provided a chart from a blog.....That's what "blog" means on the front page....
You obviously can't read:

You see that logo in the lower right corner? Good. Pay more attention next time.

Quote:

Of course I could be talking about the wrong site, since you provide no link...

And, that site is not even a federal site....(.org)

Say what? It's not a "federal site" because it's not registered in the .org domain? LMAO

Can someone explain this yokel the internet domain naming convention and what .org actually means? Lol

Old 05-19-2014, 11:10 AM

7,242 posts, read 7,915,197 times
Quote:
And that's a fact.

Old 05-19-2014, 11:12 AM

800 posts, read 782,318 times
The Tax Foundation is an independent NGO. Glad we covered something you should learn freshman year of high school.

In regards to state population numbers, such numbers, like anything else require proper analysis.

Statements such as blue states are losing population due to political ideology are nothing more than conjecture and bad conjecture at that.

It fails to take in population trends as well as trends in political culture.

For example while there are some Northerners moving South (some for retirement/weather, others perhaps due to political culture) that makes up a small part of those population increases as compared to immigration for Latin America. So even as the population of Texas grows that might not necessarily mean an increase in Conservative political influence as immigrants tend to vote liberal on citizenship. The xenophobia of many in the conservative camp further alienate this group. Thus, even as Texas gains population, conservatives very likely could lose political influence, especially as urban areas such as Austin grow and attract urbane, liberal minded, tolerant people.

As far as deficits go relating to Social Democracies such as Sweden or Norway, they are incredibly small on an annual basis. In fact Norway and Sweden are both running surpluses as I believe Denmark is as well. Social Democracies in Northern Europe all have a lower percentage of debt to GDP than the US. Sweden does a much better job spending and conserving money than the US does.

As far as Chicago it is incredibly easy to explain:

While the city has strong gun control the areas surrounding the city do not. It is easy for criminal elements to travel an hour outside city limits and buy guns at gun shows where background checks may or may not be required depending on the applicable laws. Also the phenomenon of straw purchasers for gangs, cartels etc. further add to the problem. In addition the Chicago Police are incredibly underfunded and lack the enforcement capacity to effectively apply the respective gun control laws.

In comparison NYC is surrounded by states with stronger gun control laws. It is much more difficult for criminal elements to acquire guns within a reasonable distance of city limits. Thus NYC has a lower homicide via gun rate than Chicago. Or most cities in the South for that matter.

A lot of people on here could benefit tremendously from an into level course on how to properly analyze political statistics in various contexts. Also a primer in political culture and foreign government systems would be good.

Old 05-19-2014, 11:36 AM

46,326 posts, read 27,162,639 times
Quote:
You obviously can't read:

You see that logo in the lower right corner? Good. Pay more attention next time.
What, the picture that anyone can cut and paste into thier blog site?

You still have not provided the link to where you got the map from....

Quote:
Say what? It's not a "federal site" because it's not registered in the .org domain? LMAO
Not all, but most...and since this is a non profit org......well, if you are able to make the link...

Quote:
Can someone explain this yokel the internet domain naming convention and what .org actually means? Lol
Yes,
.com = commercial
.org =s not for profit
.gov =s governmental

Your quotes above, is what happens when you cannot defend anythig you have stated...all you are doing is sayinig "I'm right" and you are wrong...how leftist of you!

Old 05-19-2014, 11:36 AM

800 posts, read 782,318 times
Quote:
What, the picture that anyone can cut and paste into thier blog site?

You still have not provided the link to where you got the map from....

Yep...show me a true website that is a TRUE federal website that does not end in .gov, and I will remove all my posts towrds your blog (non-governmental website). We know my posts are going to stay up, because you cannot back anything up you have stated.

Yes,
.com = commercial
.org =s not for profit
.gov =s governmental

Your quotes above, is what happens when you cannot defend anythig you have stated...all you are doing is sayinig "I'm right" and you are wrong...how leftist of you!
The fact that you have never heard of the Tax Foundation is compels me to believe you have had a very limited education in terms of NGO's, policy research, etc. The Tax Foundation is one of the largest non-partisan NGO's in Washington and has been so for more than 70 years.

You can read all about them here:

About Us | Tax Foundation

I will also note their staff includes a number of avowed libertarians and conservatives in addition to liberals.

Old 05-19-2014, 01:25 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,428,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
As compared to, say, bragging about waiting to be broken into just so you can shoot the burglar? Where does that fit in on your scale of dumb things you've heard of people doing?
It's almost as dumb is breaking into a stranger's garage at 2am. Almost.

Old 05-19-2014, 01:37 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,750,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyIU29 View Post
The Tax Foundation is an independent NGO. Glad we covered something you should learn freshman year of high school.

In regards to state population numbers, such numbers, like anything else require proper analysis.

Statements such as blue states are losing population due to political ideology are nothing more than conjecture and bad conjecture at that.

It fails to take in population trends as well as trends in political culture.

For example while there are some Northerners moving South (some for retirement/weather, others perhaps due to political culture) that makes up a small part of those population increases as compared to immigration for Latin America. So even as the population of Texas grows that might not necessarily mean an increase in Conservative political influence as immigrants tend to vote liberal on citizenship. The xenophobia of many in the conservative camp further alienate this group. Thus, even as Texas gains population, conservatives very likely could lose political influence, especially as urban areas such as Austin grow and attract urbane, liberal minded, tolerant people.

How is "xenophobia" to want the laws to be enforced and the border secured?

We are import poverty and the cultural and political mentality that aid it...

We dont want or need unskilled "cheap" labor, and a endless wave of poverty.

That being said only 30% of Latinos in Texas vote, they are a no where near any real political Juggernaut.

Build a fence
End birthright citizenship for the the children of illegal
Mandate E-vitrify
Fine business who hire illegals
Cap legal immigration at 200,000 a year

As far as deficits go relating to Social Democracies such as Sweden or Norway, they are incredibly small on an annual basis. In fact Norway and Sweden are both running surpluses as I believe Denmark is as well. Social Democracies in Northern Europe all have a lower percentage of debt to GDP than the US. Sweden does a much better job spending and conserving money than the US does.

As far as Chicago it is incredibly easy to explain:

While the city has strong gun control the areas surrounding the city do not. It is easy for criminal elements to travel an hour outside city limits and buy guns at gun shows where background checks may or may not be required depending on the applicable laws. Also the phenomenon of straw purchasers for gangs, cartels etc. further add to the problem. In addition the Chicago Police are incredibly underfunded and lack the enforcement capacity to effectively apply the respective gun control laws.

So you are telling us criminal do not obey the law? I am shocked....

In comparison NYC is surrounded by states with stronger gun control laws. It is much more difficult for criminal elements to acquire guns within a reasonable distance of city limits. Thus NYC has a lower homicide via gun rate than Chicago. Or most cities in the South for that matter.

A lot of people on here could benefit tremendously from an into level course on how to properly analyze political statistics in various contexts. Also a primer in political culture and foreign government systems would be good.
In red...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies