Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2014, 05:10 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,774,418 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
This is why debates with conservatives are a waste of time. Reality is irrelevant.

Any societal problem and issue and conservatives will go to well this problem only exists because "those people" are messed up and until "those people" stop being so messed up the problem won't get fixed.

That is all they have to contribute on any issue in American life. It is worthless, boring, and predictable.

We just went through the a huge financial crisis in which supposedly brilliant rich men destroyed the world economy and conservatives focus on demeaning poor people as unable to make good financial decisions.

We are experiencing wealth inequality on a level not seen since the Great Depression with wages stagnating for decades with the wealthiest 400 Americans have more wealth than like the bottom 40% of Americans and who do conservatives attack programs that help poor people. Smh
Yes we did have a financial crises but did you notice that not everyone was affected? People who have control of their finances and didn't buy much more than they could afford, people who understood what goes up will certainly come down. People who understand to put money aside for a rainy day. People who understand that nothing is forever.

So you as a liberal expect some outside force to care enough about you to fix your problems. lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2014, 05:10 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,240,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Yes, paying attention is half the battle, but if there is nothing to pay attention to, then there is nothing to learn. Without those successful people you learned from, you wouldn't be where you are, and without the people they learned from, they wouldn't be where they are.
Urban we all 100% of have the same successful people to learn from. The internet is a wonderful thing. For example, I spend a good 45 min to an hour everyday reviewing Yahoos Finance links. I pay attention to things like Apple's up coming 7 to 1 split. Yes I'll be dropping some bucks on more Apple stock. We all have these options, many simply don't act upon them.
I bet you act upon it... You don't strike me as someone who waits for the world to stop so you can jump on.

Old 05-15-2014, 05:11 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,304,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nealrm View Post
Last time I checked Medicare/medicaid, SS, unemployment insurance were the #1, #2 and #4 top budget items. Together they account for 2/3 of the total budget.
Ok and?

Old 05-15-2014, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Yes we did have a financial crises but did you notice that not everyone was affected? People who have control of their finances and didn't buy much more than they could afford, people who understood what goes up will certainly come down. People who understand to put money aside for a rainy day. People who understand that nothing is forever.

So you as a liberal expect some outside force to care enough about you to fix your problems. lol
Oh so true. Smart people always have a plan B and C.

Old 05-15-2014, 05:13 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,226,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Urban we all 100% of have the same successful people to learn from. The internet is a wonderful thing. For example, I spend a good 45 min to an hour everyday reviewing Yahoos Finance links. I pay attention to things like Apple's up coming 7 to 1 split. Yes I'll be dropping some bucks on more Apple stock. We all have these options, many simply don't act upon them.
I bet you act upon it... You don't strike me as someone who waits for the world to stop so you can jump on.
Not everyone is interested in the stock market. I personally have zero interest in the stock market, but that doesn't mean I will be less successful in life.

2,777 posts, read 1,784,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
People who make it in life are the people who know how to make their own opportunity....they do not wait to be GIVEN opportunity.
This reminds of that great Craig T Nelson quote:

"I've been on food stamps and welfare, did anybody help me out? No."

If you are successful, then you have been helped-- someone believed in you, gave you a shot, etc... just because you don't appreciate it doesn't mean it didn't happen. Without other people helping you, you're not going to succeed-- it really is as simple as that.

41,110 posts, read 25,774,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Isn't that what you are doing in this thread?? Why do you care if there are people out there complaining life isn't fair? There will always be someone complaining about that, that will never change, nor will it have any effect on your life.
Yep people will aways complain but when they start reaching for my money especially since it won't solve the problem, I draw the line. I'm not into throwing good money after bad.

Old 05-15-2014, 05:14 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,304,174 times
Quote:

So predictable and boring. This group of millions of people are messed up. It is all that group of millions of people's fault rinse and repeat.

This is the conservative analysis of every social problem. The problem is that millions of people are messed up and can't be helped.

It is pathetic and worthless.

Old 05-15-2014, 05:15 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,226,929 times
Quote:
Yep people will aways complain but when they start reaching for my money especially since it won't solve the problem, I draw the line. I'm not into throwing good money after bad.
Yet you choose to cancel your health insurance..... Are you saying we shouldn't be paying taxes?

Old 05-15-2014, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
How many posts can conservatives do about welfare and talk about welfare.

Welfare is far less than 1% of the federal budget very few people actually get it.

It is a sick obsession that doesn't make any sense given the size of the welfare program. The vast majority of poor people aren't on welfare.

Meanwhile as wages stagnate as universities become more expensive and before the ACA as more Americans lacked health care, conservatives have no answers to any actual problems facing Americans.
Other than tax cuts for rich people and businesses.

Hell they don't even acknowledge the problems other than to say oh that problem only exist because there is something wrong with this group of people or that group of people and until they stop being so messed up these problems will continue.

That's it. They have no solutions. No answers. Nothing but hatred and ignorance.

And discussing poor people and welfare in every thread.

Same message, welfare is bad and people on welfare suck. Wow what great policy analysis.
How many posts can liberals make crying that life isn't fair? Life isn't fair and it will never change. It isn't fair to the mouse eaten by the cat who gets eaten by the Coyote. What life is, is what we make of it. Raising taxes does not change the plight of the guy making 40g a year for the better. Raising taxes without cutting out all waste first simply empowers more waste.
Do I think the ultra wealthy can afford more taxes? Absolutely. I think they should pay more too, but that won't change anything for the bottom feeders.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies