Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2014, 04:44 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,790,545 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
There are lots of stupid things on the internet, I don't have the interest to read through an entire article if when I start fact checking the article and seeing where their sources come from don't hold up.

You sound like you are mixing up the terminology of the word "welfare."
Fact check is slang for disagree

This is just more deflection... it's as natural as breathing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
No matter what people make it won't be enough. Like people getting minimum wage who act like a raise will be the answer to all their woes. When they should be demanding that government take less which is of more value than the money they will get to keep after taxes.

Managing money, working, gaining knowledge, working more is key. Some just don't want to make the effort and will complain no matter how much they make because they don't know any better.
That is so true. What do you think those minimum wage earners will do? I wager go out and buy a new wide screen TV, a sony playstaion, a home entertainment system and all on credit. After all they deserve a reward right? You can't have a 50 inch wide screen and a play station without great sound right?
LOL People kill me.

781 posts, read 737,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryever View Post
the general idea about redistributing wealth is to ensure everybody can live decently and to diminish wealth inequality ... now you sound like a person who'd send poor people to extermination camps because they didn't succeed in life
Hyperbolize much? If I told you once I told you a billion times not to over exaggerate.....

Old 05-15-2014, 04:45 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times
Quote:
aah but they want to and will cry, whine, demand and complain life is not fair because welfare is not giving them a life of luxury.
Isn't that what you are doing in this thread?? Why do you care if there are people out there complaining life isn't fair? There will always be someone complaining about that, that will never change, nor will it have any effect on your life.

Old 05-15-2014, 04:46 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,464,007 times
Quote:
Holy crap. I had $20k in the 80's and because of "my own moronic stupidity" and poor understanding of money blew it all. You better believe when I was able to make it again I was more educated and didn't make the same "stupid" mistake. You see, I didn't blame everyone else for my stupidity and I learned from it.

Except that the people who raised me expected me to go to college and conventional wisdom at the time said that college was an excellent financial investment. By popular standards of the time, my mistake was not considered particularly "stupid".

Old 05-15-2014, 04:49 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post

Sure, if you are someone who doesn't believe in facts and data. You can stick to your hyper-partisan articles, I have no interest in reading that kind of garbage.

Old 05-15-2014, 04:51 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,297,969 times
How many posts can conservatives do about welfare and talk about welfare.

Welfare is far less than 1% of the federal budget very few people actually get it.

It is a sick obsession that doesn't make any sense given the size of the welfare program. The vast majority of poor people aren't on welfare.

Meanwhile as wages stagnate as universities become more expensive and before the ACA as more Americans lacked health care, conservatives have no answers to any actual problems facing Americans.
Other than tax cuts for rich people and businesses.

Hell they don't even acknowledge the problems other than to say oh that problem only exist because there is something wrong with this group of people or that group of people and until they stop being so messed up these problems will continue.

That's it. They have no solutions. No answers. Nothing but hatred and ignorance.

And discussing poor people and welfare in every thread.

Same message, welfare is bad and people on welfare suck. Wow what great policy analysis.

Old 05-15-2014, 04:52 PM

3,433 posts, read 5,747,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
I gave a guy 5 bucks yesterday that wanted 99 cents. I bet today he's out asking for $4.99

that .........was funny !

Old 05-15-2014, 04:53 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
No one said it has to come from a formal school or government. The people around you have the biggest impact on what you learn, that is who your "sugar daddy" is.
Urban you know I respect you. But on this I will have to disagree. The Fed doesn't get credit for my success or anyone else's. That is except for elected reps who impact policies and make themselves even more wealthy by doing do.
By your definition I owe a fish my success because were not for that fish, I might have starved. We all have the same opportunities. Some to a higher extent. Lets face facts if you are rubbing elbows with Billionaires you have powerful friends. That said the average person has the same opportunities as any other average person. Some opt to learn from mistakes. Some opt to take a chance and improve their status. Some opt to wait for someone else to save them. Some opt for a life of crime and an easy score. Our prisons are filled with such.

Old 05-15-2014, 04:54 PM

582 posts, read 779,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post

NO - Fact check is slang for checking to see if the facts stated in the article are correct.

However, "This is just more deflection" is slang for "why don't you just accept any garbage that I believe in without argument or checking if it makes sense."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies