Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2014, 05:54 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,388,318 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
You do realize that the people paying federal taxes pay all the other taxes too. Only idiots would think raising taxes on anyone is the answer. I call them useful idiots supporting governmental rape of American citizens.
You really do not understand this sort of thing I suspect. Look at your response.

No information, just personal attacks.

"only idiots"
"usefull idiots"
"rape of American citizens"

I find it sad that you cant contribute anything to the conversation than attacks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2014, 05:56 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,657,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post
ThinkProgess lies with every post. The fact that you can't see that is sad.

An effective tax rate of 14% is incredibly high. The average tax rate of those making between $50k and $100k/year was 8% last year.

You are so blindly liberal that you look for anything to back you up. Anyone as extreme right or left as yourself is what is destroying this country.

I hate Rush Limbaugh. I have only voted for a republican president once in my life. You seem so blindly angry against anyone you think is conservative that you completely missed that. Stop being so emotional and think rationally.
If ThinkProgress lies with every story you should be able to post evidence of some their lies. But all you do is "say" ThinkProgress lies.

And who here makes $100,000 a year and has a 8% federal tax rate?

Your above post is a lie against many Americans who make $100,000 a year. And your data is using families with 2-4 dependent children (and then manipulating.)

I know several people who make around $100,000 a year and they pay well over 20% in taxes (tax time hurts them, but you lie and say they have 8% tax rates.)

A (single) tax filer making $100,000 a year will have a 20%+ effective tax rate.
Tax Rate Definition & Example | Investing Answers

And the thing that really sucks is non-CEO's making over $400,000 a year are in a 39% tax bracket. And they pay well over 30% of their income in taxes (while the CEO's like the ones who run Fox news and Rush radio pay 6% - 11% effective tax rates.)

And these are the same CEO's who are moving American manufacturing jobs to Asia.

Old 06-19-2014, 06:02 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,755,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
You really do not understand this sort of thing I suspect. Look at your response.

No information, just personal attacks.

"only idiots"
"usefull idiots"
"rape of American citizens"

I find it sad that you cant contribute anything to the conversation than attacks.

You do realize that the people paying federal taxes pay all the other taxes too. Raising taxes on anyone is NOT the answer. People who support governmental increasing taxes on other American citizens, well lets just say government, especially Obama loves it.

Better? You've bought into the Obama line of "give me more money" and saying anything else you wouldn't get it it no matter how it's presented because Obama spoke.

Old 06-19-2014, 06:03 PM

9,855 posts, read 15,211,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
If ThinkProgress lies with every story you should be able to post evidence of some their lies. But all you do is "say" Think Progress lies.

And who here makes $100,000 a year and has a 8% federal tax rate?

Your above post is a lie against many Americans who make $100,000 a year. And your data is using families with 2-4 dependent children (and then manipulating.)

I know several people who make around $100,000 a year and they pay well over 20% in taxes (tax time hurts them, but you lie and say they have 8% tax rates.)

A (single) tax filer making $100,000 a year will have a 20%+ effective tax rate.

While billionaire CEO's like Warren Buffet have 11% effective tax rates, and CEO's like Dick Cheney often have 6% effective tax rates.

And the thing that really sucks is non-CEO's making over $400,000 a year are in a 39% tax bracket. And they pay well over 30% of their income in taxes (while the CEO's like the ones who run Fox news and Rush radio pay 6% - 11% effective tax rates.)

And these are the same CEO's who are moving American manufacturing jobs to Asia.
I never said ThinkProgress lies with 'every single post', just like Rush Limbaugh doesn't lie with 'every single sentence'.

I personally made $105,000 last year and paid 9.2% in taxes. Do you want to have a conversation, or do you want to try to force far, far, far left BS down everyone's throats? If you want to have a conversation, tell me and we can talk. Otherwise, I have better things to do champ.

When you look for news sources that support your personal extremist views (as you seem to do), you will always find a few. I am not a conservative. I just have 0 tolerance for extreme (and blind) partisanship like yours.

Old 06-19-2014, 06:11 PM

Quote:
I never said ThinkProgress lies with 'every single post', just like Rush Limbaugh doesn't lie with 'every single sentence'.

I personally made $105,000 last year and paid 9.2% in taxes. Do you want to have a conversation, or do you want to try to force far, far, far left BS down everyone's throats? If you want to have a conversation, tell me and we can talk. Otherwise, I have better things to do champ.

When you look for news sources that support your personal extremist views (as you seem to do), you will always find a few. I am not a conservative. I just have 0 tolerance for extreme (and blind) partisanship like yours.
In post #507 you said "ThinkProgess lies with every post", and now your lying and saying you never said it. And don't think about editing your post because your statement is also in my post #512.

Clearly you said ThinkProgress lies. And I have asked you to provide evidence to support your claims that ThinkProgess lies, but you have not done it.

How does ThinkProgress lie as you have claimed?

Last edited by chad3; 06-19-2014 at 06:20 PM..

Old 06-19-2014, 06:12 PM

20,349 posts, read 19,941,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryever View Post
......... now you sound like a person who'd send poor people to extermination camps because they didn't succeed in life
There goes your credibility.

Old 06-19-2014, 06:27 PM

Quote:

Actually I don't want to have a conversation, because you will ignore the fact single filing Americans who make $100,000 a year pay 20%+ in federal taxes.

Then you will ignore the fact billionaire CEO's have 6% -11% tax rates.

Old 06-19-2014, 06:28 PM

9,855 posts, read 15,211,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
In post #507 you said "ThinkProgess lies with every post", and now your lying and saying you never said it. And don't think about editing your post because your statement is also in my post #512.

Clearly you said ThinkProgress lies. And I have asked you to provide evidence to support your claims that ThinkProgess lies, but you have not done it.

How does ThinkProgress lie as you have claimed?
Have you ever heard of hyperbole?

Can you talk about the point of my post (that ThinkProgress is as biased as Rush Limbaugh)?

I asked you a question (which you ignored) that showed how ThinkProgress lies.

From post #504, I will ask again,

Quote:
Chad, if we increased capital gains taxes, what do you think would happen to growth/decline in the NASDAQ/DOW in relation to global markets?
Interesting how ThinkProgress ignores this issue, isn't it?

Old 06-19-2014, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Have you ever heard of hyperbole?

Can you talk about the point of my post (that ThinkProgress is as biased as Rush Limbaugh)?

I asked you a question (which you ignored) that showed how ThinkProgress lies.

From post #504, I will ask again,

Interesting how ThinkProgress ignores this issue, isn't it?
Agreed they are both biased, ThinkProgress supports democrats, and Rush radio supports republicans. But there is a huge difference. ThinkProgress supports the poor, working poor, middle class, and CEO's and corporations that treat their workers good. And Fox news and Rush radio supports increased corporate profits.

ThinkProgress will do things like this, if there are 2 studies about a certain republican policy, they will use the study that makes republicans look the worst (but its not a lie and their information is still in the ballpark.)

But Rush radio and Fox news deliberately lie.

They say increased min wage hurts jobs (so corporations can pay workers less and make more.)\
-but there is no evidence raising min wage hurts employment numbers.

They are against workers unions because they reduce corporate profits. They want to privatize Social Security to divert the money to Wall Street and corporations. They want to abolish the EPA and FDA so they can no longer regulate and fine corporations. ex.ex. And they (lie) to push their corporate agenda.

And ThinkProgress does talk about capital gains (and America's most respected economists are used as their sources.)

Capital Gains Tax Cuts 'By Far' The Biggest Contributor To Growth In Income Inequality, Study Finds | ThinkProgress

FLASHBACK: Reagan Raised Capital Gains Taxes To The Same Level As Wage Taxes For First Time | ThinkProgress

No, Low Capital Gains Taxes Don't Boost The Economy | ThinkProgress

Five GOP Presidential Candidates Have Proposed Eliminating Capital Gains Tax, A $1 Trillion Giveaway To The Rich | ThinkProgress

The Richest 0.1 Percent Of Americans Make Half Of All Capital Gains | ThinkProgress

Old 06-19-2014, 08:27 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,894,387 times
Do you really think government is going to cut off their funding by doing that to producers of funding and giving it one time to pure consumers of GDP. They then would have no funding. Basically government is wealthy dependent has they always have been; plain and simple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies