Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2014, 02:22 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,018,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
www.cbc.ca/news/.../canada-s-legal-hemp-industry-growing-

Why is it that the USA allows the importation from Canada of the hemp it uses?
Because................ we are dumb as ****

We should be growing it here!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2014, 02:23 PM

13,303 posts, read 7,870,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
I have found and destroyed a few bucket farms to protect my crop LOL

Since pot stays in ones system for WEEKS how will anyone drive to work? Smoking pot for recreation is stupid and it makes you stupid and I see pot heads telling each other that they are stupid meaning they are high.

I don't want to share the roads with any one that is high unless maybe i can also share the roads and shoot guns. How would that be? Then in the USA we have more than enough fatties and pot just gives people the munchies. Do we need the next 5 generations all to weigh 400 pounds each?

You pot heads are just like Forest Gump. "Stupid is what Stupid does". Go for it.

I think that's why Bill Clinton didn't understand that big word IS don't you?
Forrest Gump earned the Medal of Honor.

Fact!

Old 05-25-2014, 02:50 PM

31,910 posts, read 26,979,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckmann View Post
Somewhere withing 50 miles of where I sit, there is a little "hippie" store that sells clothing made of hemp fiber, which is a fiber like cotton, wool, flax, linen or whatever. My oldest son bought a couple of items, and my recollection is that it was excellent quality, good value for the money, comfortable to wear, hot or cold weather. (My son bought t-shirts)

I suppose you could cut up hemp clothing and smoke it, the same way you can do so with cotton or wool. Not sure that the effect would be something the smoker would like.
In old Europe hemp was the next most important crop for textiles after linen. It would remain so until cotton from the United States later other parts of the world such as Egypt arrived.

Cotton was not unknown in old Europe, it was discovered by various traders and the Crusades when they went to Egypt, India and so forth. However the plant will not grow in much of Western Europe and no one in France, England, Germany or wherever thought about simply bringing back cotton the threads and weaving them into cloth back home. Instead what cotton cloth came into Europe was already woven and thus very expensive. As such only royalty and or the wealthy could afford the stuff.

Hemp along with linen was grown by the early settlers of the United States just as they had done in England/Europe. Both provided everything from textiles to rope and even sealing material for ships.

Two things would change this in America and ultimately the rest of the world: slavery and cotton.

Old 05-25-2014, 04:33 PM

33,543 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Delicious and nutritious too... This is sold at local stores including Costco...
HEMP HEARTS™ (shelled hemp seeds) are the Most Concentrated and Best Balanced Source of Proteins, Essential Fats and Vitamins in Nature. About Hemp Hearts

Old 05-25-2014, 05:35 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,966,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
Forrest Gump earned the Medal of Honor.

Fact!
Hollywood

Old 05-25-2014, 05:38 PM

13,303 posts, read 7,870,141 times
Quote:
Hollywood
Fact!

Old 05-25-2014, 05:44 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,966,028 times
Hemp looks like mary J and is related, but Hemp has no TCH. I approve of Help being grown for the oil, the fact you can grow it 3 times in the same season for bio-electric, make natural line, rope, and material (cloths) and while you could smoke the leaves no one is going to get High High High. This is like getting 0 sugar from Japanese Maple which is related to Sugar Maple where you do get sugar known as maple syrup. And or Red maple leaves that will KILL a Horse if ingested but not so with sugar maple leaves.

It is stunning how many people here don't know one plant that can be used for 1,001 things can't tell it from a pot plant. I am ok with medical use of pot for specific reasons like cancer pain relief and or glaucoma. I am against the recreational use, which in long term causes loss of brain cells, and makes people stupid.

Old 05-25-2014, 05:54 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,324,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Delicious and nutritious too... This is sold at local stores including Costco...
HEMP HEARTS™ (shelled hemp seeds) are the Most Concentrated and Best Balanced Source of Proteins, Essential Fats and Vitamins in Nature. About Hemp Hearts
I put those on everything. They're LOADED with protein.

Old 05-25-2014, 06:04 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,291,120 times
Quote:
I have found and destroyed a few bucket farms to protect my crop LOL

Since pot stays in ones system for WEEKS how will anyone drive to work? Smoking pot for recreation is stupid and it makes you stupid and I see pot heads telling each other that they are stupid meaning they are high.

I don't want to share the roads with any one that is high unless maybe i can also share the roads and shoot guns. How would that be? Then in the USA we have more than enough fatties and pot just gives people the munchies. Do we need the next 5 generations all to weigh 400 pounds each?

You pot heads are just like Forest Gump. "Stupid is what Stupid does". Go for it.

I think that's why Bill Clinton didn't understand that big word IS don't you?
talk about stupid.

Old 05-25-2014, 06:12 PM

33,543 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
I put those on everything. They're LOADED with protein.
I've never tried them, but have put them on my grocery list.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies