Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2014, 04:25 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,017,439 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
Annnnd … Ladies and gentlemen, we have Exhibit A proving the case that our culture excuses, overlooks and even encourages misogyny. Hey, it's just an "excuse," right? Only a "nutcase" feels entitled to women as sex objects. No worries, KUchief has solved the problem.
How lost are you? Anybody who stabs what was it three people to death then goes out and shoots folks is a lunatic. You can give him any excuse you want...................he was a lunatic.

Old 05-25-2014, 04:27 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,060,162 times
Not really. The majority of the victims were male. Yet, the feminist media only concentrates only of female victims therefore they would consider it a hate crime.

Old 05-25-2014, 04:29 PM

5,899 posts, read 5,798,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
Not really. The majority of the victims were male. Yet, the feminist media only concentrates only of female victims therefore they would consider it a hate crime.
Did this shooter ever complain about males refusing to let him have sex with them as well? Serious question, for the record.

Old 05-25-2014, 04:31 PM

13,305 posts, read 7,875,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurist110 View Post
Did this shooter ever complain about males refusing to let him have sex with them as well? Serious question, for the record.
Good question.

But, he seemed too normal to be gay.

Old 05-25-2014, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
Good question.

But, he seemed too normal to be gay.
Obviously if he would have sought sex from both females and males, then he would be bi, rather than gay.

Old 05-25-2014, 04:33 PM

781 posts, read 737,236 times
Blah blah blah misogyny Blah blah blah sexism Blah blah blah privilege Blah blah blah patriarchy blah blah blah polysyllabic blah. Same old verbal wallpaper from the loony left.

Old 05-25-2014, 04:33 PM

30,075 posts, read 18,678,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cephalopede View Post
My partner and I were discussing this yesterday in the wake of the recent murders in Santa Barbara. Of course, you have people calling for more gun control, and others blaming the lack of good mental health care in this country.

I feel both could be valid points, but I also feel misogyny is is the bigger problem, and it's one we're not talking about.

This young man, apparently, wasn't getting any attention from women. He felt entitled to sex, and since he wasn't getting any of what he felt he deserved, he decided to seek vengeance.

Not every frustrated young man is going to go on a killing spree because they're still a virgin or because they've hit a dry spell, but I have seen an appalling number of men who have a similar thought process. There are hundreds or thousands of so called "Pick Up Artists" out there, who claim to be able to teach guys how to be "alphas" and "get the females they deserve", often through techniques like "negging", which is based around making a target feel worthless. You have tons of guys complaining about being stuck in the "friend zone"--they were nice to a woman, and she didn't reward them with sex. How dare they?

Of course, women also internalize these messages that women are less than, or that they are meant to be used. That's how you get poll results like this: UIC Campus Advocacy Network

An awful lot of young people, both male and female, are of the opinion it's okay to use force to get sex if "the boy spent a lot of money on the girl". Even more were okay a man forcing sex on a woman if they were married. 35% of college males surveyed said they would commit rape if they thought they could get away with it, and 43% of them admitted to using "coercive behavior" to get a woman to sleep with them.

We really do need to address the state of mental health in America. Maybe we need to have more open dialogue about guns, too.

But we desperately need to stop promoting a culture that allows men to expect sex from women, and that makes it acceptable to use force against them when they say no.

"My partner and I were discussing this yesterday........................." (this has the same validity as a statement referring to a discussion between someone and their dog (or cat- I actually very much like cats as much as dogs and pretty much every other critter). I remember when "partner" meant a business partner. I still refer to my former practice partner (and still lifetime friend) and current medical associate as a "partner", despite it raising the suspicion of homosexuality, as my "partner" through current misguided politically correct jargon. That term has now been highjacked to suggest a sexual relationship and no longer a practice or business associate (shame on the gay/lesbian mafia).

I am sorry (not a "homophobe", as I do not care about whatever floats your boat), but can you explain to me exactly how a lesbian is able to provide valuable insight into the behavior of a mentally disturbed, sexually frustrated, heterosexual male?

I understand that in the Obama administration, that lesbians are the oracle of truth and objective evaluation of all that faces us, but I am left with suspicion that perhaps a position of deviant sexual behavior does not portend supreme knowledge. Sick minds do not provide insightful and beneficial insight for the balance of humanity.

The "normalization" of gay and lesbian relationships in US society is a symptom of the death of our culture. Embracement of deviant sexual behavior is not a reflection of an "enlightened" civilization- it is a symptom of a society that has refuted core, important goals, and is relegated to satisfying deviant "eddy current", perverse minority demands in the sacrifice of the advancement and benefit of the community goals, as stated for the benefit of politicians. These "goals", of course, are for the political advancement of the careers of politicians, and not society in general.

Embracement and expansion of perversion and acceptance of deviant behavior is not a sign of "enlightenment", but is the death knell to the parameters of normal societal behavior.

Please discuss that with you and "your partner", as I am sure that you will both be indignant and reject any notions as "homophobic" and "regressive". One must then further ask, has society progressed through predominantly heterosexual or homosexual behavior? Simple question- tough introspection. Of course, you will reject any introspection and will embrace your own personal beliefs, as it is difficult to face the truth when you are wrong.

Last edited by hawkeye2009; 05-25-2014 at 04:58 PM..

Old 05-25-2014, 04:34 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,060,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetailSymbolizes View Post
Blah blah blah misogyny Blah blah blah sexism Blah blah blah privilege Blah blah blah patriarchy blah blah blah polysyllabic blah. Same old verbal wallpaper from the loony left.
Everything to the misandric left is "misogynistic sexism" these days.

Old 05-25-2014, 04:35 PM

13,305 posts, read 7,875,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurist110 View Post
Obviously if he would have sought sex from both females and males, then he would be bi, rather than gay.
Right you are!

Course, his gripe seems to be that he was never soughted by anyone.

Think he was concealing something?

Old 05-25-2014, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
Right you are!

Course, his grip seems to be that he was never soughted by anyone.
Yes, but my question here is whether he tried to have sex with males and sex with females, or only sex with females?

As for telling if someone is gay or bi, this might work in some cases, but not always. For instance, this one gay guy at my college campus is extremely straight-acting, to the extent that I never even suspected that he is gay until he told me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies