Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2014, 08:43 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,500,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
The key issue of this thread is "why do so many people want to tell others how to live?" Yet, here we are having right wingers telling women how to live and what they cannot do with their own bodies and what could grow inside it.
Sorry that we don't like death.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2014, 08:46 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Sorry that we don't like death.
No one is trying to take away your life. Though your mother did have the choice to allow you to grow inside her or not.

Old 06-01-2014, 09:03 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,461,656 times
Quote:
A fetus is a fetus, it is the choice of the mother to decide if she wishes to be the host that gives the fetus life. If you kill a fetus against the will of the mother, you take away that choice, which is murder. A woman should not be forced to be a host against her will.

It is a shame you are unable to understand that concept.
How is it murder? You still haven't answered that question. And a woman carrying a fetus is a mother? Really?

I'm not wanting to talk about abortion.

Old 06-01-2014, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
How is it murder? You still haven't answered that question. And a woman carrying a fetus is a mother? Really?

I'm not wanting to talk about abortion.
It is murder because it wasn't the woman's choice to lose the fetus. Is the concept of a woman's choice too hard for you to understand?

Old 06-01-2014, 09:17 PM

Quote:
It is murder because it wasn't the woman's choice to lose the fetus. Is the concept of a woman's choice too hard for you to understand?
You don't understand what I'm asking. Murder is committed against people by definition. If it's murder to kill a fetus, then the fetus is a person. I'm asking you to explain why you think killing a fetus should be murder. If a fetus is merely a body part, then why don't you think it should be assault?

I have no problem with people having double standards. I just wish you'd acknowledge them and the reasons why even if they're entirely emotional.

Old 06-01-2014, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
You don't understand what I'm asking. Murder is committed against people by definition. If it's murder to kill a fetus, then the fetus is a person. I'm asking you to explain why you think killing a fetus should be murder. If a fetus is merely a body part, then why don't you think it should be assault?

I have no problem with people having double standards. I just wish you'd acknowledge them and the reasons why even if they're entirely emotional.
Well I am sorry I cannot explain the answer better for you, maybe you should read the reasoning for it in a court case that ruled the killing of a fetus against a woman's will as a murder. Maybe that will better explain it for you.

Again, there is not double standard here, a woman has full rights to her own body, it is her choice if she wishes to have a fetus growing inside her or not. Therefore a woman who has an abortion isn't a murderer, if someone kills that fetus against the woman's will, then that person is a murderer. Zero emotion goes into that statement, I am simply stating a fact. If you do not understand a woman's choice, then it seems I will never be able to get you to understand that statement, which really isn't my problem as long as abortion is legal and a woman's choice.

Old 06-01-2014, 09:32 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,855,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1uglymutt View Post
Sorry, until born, the fetus is merely a parasite. Nothing more.
I find it odd that someone thinks a fetus is nothing more than a parasite... Nothing more? I support abortion rights, but I am not blind either...

Old 06-01-2014, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
I find it odd that someone thinks a fetus is nothing more than a parasite... Nothing more? I support abortion rights, but I am not blind either...
Technically that is what a fetus is, it is the parents of that fetus that make it more than just a fetus.

Old 06-01-2014, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Well I am sorry I cannot explain the answer better for you, maybe you should read the reasoning for it in a court case that ruled the killing of a fetus against a woman's will as a murder. Maybe that will better explain it for you.

Again, there is not double standard here, a woman has full rights to her own body, it is her choice if she wishes to have a fetus growing inside her or not. Therefore a woman who has an abortion isn't a murderer, if someone kills that fetus against the woman's will, then that person is a murderer. Zero emotion goes into that statement, I am simply stating a fact. If you do not understand a woman's choice, then it seems I will never be able to get you to understand that statement, which really isn't my problem as long as abortion is legal and a woman's choice.
Urbanlife, there wasn't a court case. There were laws passed in some states allowing murder charges when a fetus was killed. Incidentally, these were laws supported by pro-life groups and opposed by pro-choice groups as at least some actually defined a fetus as a person and simply included exceptions to homicide laws for abortions. Pro-choice groups were not comfortable with these laws.

I understand "woman's choice." What I do not understand is this...is, in your opinion, a fetus a person or a body part? I'm simply trying to point out that you're avoiding that question.

Old 06-01-2014, 09:58 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,731,507 times
ever do a bacon salad just awesome!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies