Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2014, 08:54 AM

78,862 posts, read 46,792,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Catch a clue. I am against the people that would want to hurt us with these homemade weapons. The piece of metal is irrelevant.

Grow some balls!
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2014, 08:54 AM

10,581 posts, read 9,810,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I don't see where in the 2nd amendment, it says what arms I can have.
I do see, shall not be infringed.
BATF regularly violates the Constitution, as you know. It did in the example T-310 just gave, of the guy whose AK they seized. Show me in the Constitution where it says the Fed govt can do that? (Hint: the only place where guns are mentioned at all in the Const, is in the 2nd amendment).

His point is, illegal or not, they are DOING it. so you can kiss your AK goodbye if they feel like coming in and knocking on your door with a battering ram. Waving the Constitution at them, however correct, won't work.

Old 06-03-2014, 08:56 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,286,857 times
Quote:
Grow some balls!
My balls are already big enough. Personal attack since you have no qualified rebuttal so you resort to name calling. Quit eating so much lead it is affecting your brain. imo LOL

Old 06-03-2014, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
BATF regularly violates the Constitution, as you know. It did in the example T-310 just gave, of the guy whose AK they seized. Show me in the Constitution where it says the Fed govt can do that? (Hint: the only place where guns are mentioned at all in the Const, is in the 2nd amendment).

His point is, illegal or not, they are DOING it. so you can kiss your AK goodbye if they feel like coming in and knocking on your door with a battering ram. Waving the Constitution at them, however correct, won't work.

It will not be the Constitution waving at them.
They can pry it from my cold dead hands.
Give me liberty, or give me death, is how you let freedom ring.

Old 06-03-2014, 09:03 AM

Quote:
My balls are already big enough. Personal attack since you have no qualified rebuttal so you resort to name calling. Quit eating so much lead it is affecting your brain. imo LOL

Ok, Man up.
""I am against the people that would want to hurt us with these homemade weapons.""
Ignorance breeds fear.
Grow some balls.

Any different than store bought?
How many homemade guns, used in a crime, have been featured on Huffington Post and Media matters?

Old 06-03-2014, 09:04 AM

Quote:
It will not be the Constitution waving at them.
They can pry it from my cold dead hands.
Give me liberty, or give me death, is how you let freedom ring.
That openly wanna be violent non law abiding attitude is what is hurting sensible gun owners.

Old 06-03-2014, 09:07 AM

4,332 posts, read 4,927,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
I knew a guy who had a homebuilt AK. ATF said prove to me 80% of the parts are of US origin.

He couldn't. Gun was seized and he was fined $10,000.

Burden of proof is on you when you assert 80% of the parts is of US origin. You going to believe a box?

BATFE is a hugely dysfunctional organization. Frequently when I have compliance checks by ATF, they update their records using mine. But if something looks weird to these barely literate idiots, fight is on.

I would rather use a torch cut receiver that is rebuilt with a serial number. After that, it doesn't matter about the parts and their origin.

I am already under pretty good scrutiny by ATF because of my Title III license. I just as soon not get involved in these homebuilt projects. The potential to have ATF up your ass is too great.
922(r) compliance is different from the 80% issue. But like Jim Fuller mentioned in the video, almost all of the US made parts are stamped USA on them. The exception is the part made by his company but it is extremely unique and easily proven to be a US made part.

As far as DIY receivers go, if I make it, then it is made in the USA. There is no question about that.

It's not 80% of US made parts. It's no more than 10 foreign made core components. If an AK has a total of 20 core parts as defined by the BATFE, then 10 have to be US made. If an AK has 16 core components then 6 have to be US made. Jim gave a great example in the video of the FAL. It only has 14 core components so only 4 have to be US made. That's much less than 80% as you state above.

Old 06-03-2014, 09:10 AM

4,332 posts, read 4,927,861 times
Quote:
That openly wanna be violent non law abiding attitude is what is hurting sensible gun owners.
I consider BentBow a sensible gun owner.

Old 06-03-2014, 09:11 AM

Quote:

The only law being broken is the law we the people, placed upon them the government.... Period.
Shall not be infringed, is pretty powerful.

Old 06-03-2014, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Ok, Man up.
""I am against the people that would want to hurt us with these homemade weapons.""
Ignorance breeds fear.
Grow some balls.

Any different than store bought?
How many homemade guns, used in a crime, have been featured on Huffington Post and Media matters?
Yes there is a difference. These guns have no serial number. The serial # is a great place to start back tracking a gun crime.

A post or so ago i was attacked for wanting information about these type arms. When you hid stuff the the general public is smart enough to catch it.Thus your credibility takes a hit. What do you have to hide about this type arm?

Once again i tell you that my balls are big enough. Any thugs trying to get me i hope to make very sorry. I don't sit around hoping a confrontation will occur. I have captured a thug that broke into my farm house and i have survived to attempted armed robberies no worse for wear. Why do i need bigger balls?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies