Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2014, 06:10 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,348,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
As a lifelong citizen and taxpayer he paid into it. Guess what: I rather he get the food stamps then the billionaire banksters who get tax deductions for their $400 "business" dinners, their $2,000 a night luxury hotel suites, their corporate jet expenses, their government bailouts, their forgiveness for unpaid tax responsibilities. What about all the hundreds of billions of dollars in waste spent on the military? How about billions spent on foreign aid - some of it to countries that despise us?

Sorry, but let me make one thing clear: I do NOT begrudge honest citizens who helped build this country who are genuinely in need of food assistance because they are severely disabled or elderly.

Who are you? Ebenezer Scrooge???
Do you know why they get those deductions???

They create jobs....it keeps the money moving.

You can write off the same things.....I do....just lower numbers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2014, 06:11 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
I worked about two hours for it. I'll even pick the two hours I spent in meetings today and dedicate them to him.
That's all you gave was a measly hundred That is greedy, I mean measly, no it's measly and greedy! You can't do better than that?

Old 06-06-2014, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Do you know why they get those deductions???

They create jobs....it keeps the money moving.

You can write off the same things.....I do....just lower numbers.
Obviously they would rather wait for trickle up poverty to create jobs.

Old 06-06-2014, 06:19 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,348,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I am waiting for someone to tell me they can not take the same deductions.

Will people ever learn???

Old 06-06-2014, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
I am waiting for someone to tell me they can not take the same deductions.

Will people ever learn???
No that's the problem they don't want to learn about the tax code. They would rather listen to the rhetoric and be told what to think. BIG... EXPENSIVE mistake!

Old 06-06-2014, 09:50 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times
Quote:
That's all you gave was a measly hundred That is greedy, I mean measly, no it's measly and greedy! You can't do better than that?
I base it off my current tax rate. But I agree we should do better.

Its why I also donate money. How about you? Ohhhhh...right. You dont want to participate or pay for a society, you just want all the benefits.

Old 06-06-2014, 10:58 PM

32,075 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
Well here is about how the food stamp program is run I am tired of it.

I work, I'm 40 years old and I am just sick of watching others live off my sweat and the strength of my will to work and take care of myself. These people are leeches.
80% of these people are life timers on these programs.

They sit at home all day and watch tv, have their welfare phones texting their other welfare friend's phones and eat the food and the rest of society has been providing to these losers for far to long. I am paying for my phone, my tv, my gas, electric, gas, car, bills so they can do what life off the governments hand outs.

These programs were created to keep the animals from revolting stealing and rioting of which is about the only time they do riot or complain is when their FOOD item they picked up doesn't match the sale sign. These idiots can't read and then blame the store because they can't ready 5lb bag not 4lb bag sale!!! Some how this is compassion for people who have no drive to work, and would rather play the system of food stamps. They complain and don't do crap and about the only thing they do complain about is because they are uneducated often and have no skills are busy striking at mcdonalds for 15 per hour. I wonder who these people are voting for? End the programs watch them get a job, or they will riot and or steal of which from a moral compass part lets see.. which is morally right stealing or working for what you earn. Or stealing from others via government and food stamps and some how that is ok.

I am complaining because while I struggle to pay food prices, taxes, gas prices and house payments I am sick of it.

They don't pay rent, they don't pay for just about anything, water, gas, electric, and likely if they do they have hidden cash often to cover whatever the food stamps don't cover and or for items like new sneakers, shoes, clothes, cars etc.

If your from another country they start you out early with food stamps, pay no taxes you get food stamps its like a system of FREE stuff forever in America. How is the eliminate the POOR program going let me know when food stamps makes you RICH And able to take care of yourself. Why ever get a job? Why pay for anything and these people think this is normal.
It's the people who live off these programs because in general they know better but don't care as long as they are getting their share and the government who keeps this crap going.

Tell my niece she is a leech when she has 2 special needs kids to care for. She can't work because she has to take care of them. How much do you think day care would cost for them if she worked. And besides, day care would have no idea how to take care of them. And she is a rebublican. Food stamps don't only go to democrats. She gets about $500 a month in her state.

Old 06-06-2014, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
I base it off my current tax rate. But I agree we should do better.

Its why I also donate money. How about you? Ohhhhh...right. You dont want to participate or pay for a society, you just want all the benefits.
When do I start to receive benefits? Oh, I just pay for them and you call it fair.

A hundred measly dollars. Typical Obama lover, demand everyone else give but gives a measly hundred dollars.

Old 06-07-2014, 01:34 AM

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times
Quote:
When do I start to receive benefits? Oh, I just pay for them and you call it fair.

A hundred measly dollars. Typical Obama lover, demand everyone else give but gives a measly hundred dollars.
Lol. You really are obsessed with just saying things to insult folks, and avoid factual discussions aren't you? What sort of sad life do you live?

Old 06-07-2014, 01:45 AM

1,199 posts, read 734,783 times
Quote:
Yes because we all know trickle down economics has worked. LMFAO!!!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies