Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2014, 10:07 AM

770 posts, read 1,131,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Yep. My parents were Democrats too. That changed when the Democrat Party turned into the radical, anti-American medley of extremist special interest groups that it is today. Can't say I blame 'em. Me, I am young enough that the Democrat Party has always been off the deep end and full of extremists.

I would be a Democrat today, but it is no longer the party of the people and has drifted very far left. They don't represent what America should stand for, they fail to reinforce a work ethic and social/civic responsibilities. Poor FDR, he shutters in his grave.

Old 06-05-2014, 10:12 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,556 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
We mostly agree in this. What I have a problem with when it comes to the modern left, though, is their attempts to change the Constitution without going through the proper channels in order to do so. As I said, the Constitution was written in such a way that it can be changed. Thankfully, however, the process was made more complex than simply saying that it should be changed.
How so ???

Old 06-05-2014, 10:16 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Yep. My parents were Democrats too. That changed when the Democrat Party turned into the radical, anti-American medley of extremist special interest groups that it is today. Can't say I blame 'em. Me, I am young enough that the Democrat Party has always been off the deep end and full of extremists.
Did you notice that the left is an all or none mindset. Obama is an example. His way or the highway.

Yes, the left and the Obama administration are the extremist.

Old 06-05-2014, 10:21 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
This thread should be retitled, liberals try to take credit for things they opposed

Old 06-05-2014, 10:36 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,788,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricS39 View Post
Kind of sad. All the accomplishments of Liberals I can go on and on...are buried in the sand

1) Liberals and unions gave America Saturday and Sunday off

2) Liberals gave Medicare for the elderly and social security safety net for retirees

3) Liberals desegregated the Deep South and made Civil Rights work by Liberal people registering black voters

4) Liberals (Kennedy) saved America from the Cuban Missile Crisis

5) Liberals protected the rights of Americans with Disabilities

6) Liberals helped diversify higher education by passing Affirmative Action

7) Liberals helped make it free as of this year to receive preventive healthcare coverage

8) Liberal administration captured Osama

9) Liberals stopped the fighting in Kosovo

10) Liberals ended marital discrimination based on sexual preference

Liberals have accomplished real stuff

Liberals also helped narrow the deficit by passing Alternative Minimum Tax (AMT) which brings lots of Govt revenue in

Liberals also under Carter were leaders of cruise missile for national defense

Under open minded LBJ Govt NASA program an American crew made first landing on the moon...one small step for a man, one giant leap for Liberal
Quote:
1) Cons misbalanced the budget by spending on nukes in the Cold War of the 80s

2) Cons led 2 wars after 911

3) Cons under Eisenhower caused the forever war divide between north and South Korea

4) Cons were involved in watergate scandal and Nixon secret tapes

5) Cons tried to pass constitutional amendment to ban gay marriage and it failed

6) Cons started this war on drugs and DARE thing that all it did was make it so Mexican drug lords gained more profit on the black market

7) Cons promised rewards for offshore drilling but instead billions of gallons spilled in the beautiful Gulf of Mexico

8) Cons screwed up in the FEMA efforts behind Hurricane Katrina

9) Cons such as Bush encouraged people to own their own homes, only for 4 years later Fannie and Feddie go bankrupt

10) Cons took a Budget Surplus inherited by Clinton's doings and did NOT use ANY of this budget surplus to pay down the national debt
There's too much to address. Just about every point is skewed, and it's quite obvious that You aren't actually asking a question, or looking for answers. You're only making blanket statements that are mostly false.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
This thread should be retitled, liberals try to take credit for things they opposed
The title is dishonest and misleading... oh wait, that's the MO of todays progressive liberal.

Last edited by steven_h; 06-05-2014 at 10:47 AM..

Old 06-05-2014, 10:39 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,788,539 times
Originally Posted by JimRom
We mostly agree in this. What I have a problem with when it comes to the modern left, though, is their attempts to change the Constitution without going through the proper channels in order to do so. As I said, the Constitution was written in such a way that it can be changed. Thankfully, however, the process was made more complex than simply saying that it should be changed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
How so ???
Look up "amending the right to free speech" and S.J.19

42 Democrats have signed on to repeal/rewrite the 1st amendment, and without that there is no Bill of Rights.

Old 06-05-2014, 10:51 AM

1,264 posts, read 1,552,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Originally Posted by JimRom

Look up "amending the right to free speech" and S.J.19

42 Democrats have signed on to repeal/rewrite the 1st amendment, and without that there is no Bill of Rights.

That bill was designed to keep corruption and big money out of politics!! Do you want to keep politics as corrupt as it is??

Old 06-05-2014, 03:15 PM

11,142 posts, read 10,711,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pantin23 View Post
That bill was designed to keep corruption and big money out of politics!! Do you want to keep politics as corrupt as it is??
The ends do not justify the means. The Constitution is all or nothing. It doesn't give the option of randomly changing it in order to fit the political mood of the day. It gives a specific process by which to change it, and makes that process difficult so that the intent of the document remains no matter which political party has the power.

There are plenty of other examples of liberals attempting to do an end-run around the Constitution. Most recently, presidential administrations trying to intimidate the press, institute restrictions on the 2nd Amendment which are not only unpopular and unconstitutional but also ineffective, and selectively enforce the laws that govern the nation. Notice, I didn't even mention the travesty of Obamacare yet, and that is a massive travesty which spits in the face of not only the Constitution but every tenet that our nation was founded upon.

Old 06-05-2014, 03:28 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,678,440 times
Quote:
1) Cons misbalanced the budget by spending on nukes in the Cold War of the 80s

2) Cons led 2 wars after 911

3) Cons under Eisenhower caused the forever war divide between north and South Korea

4) Cons were involved in watergate scandal and Nixon secret tapes

5) Cons tried to pass constitutional amendment to ban gay marriage and it failed

6) Cons started this war on drugs and DARE thing that all it did was make it so Mexican drug lords gained more profit on the black market

7) Cons promised rewards for offshore drilling but instead billions of gallons spilled in the beautiful Gulf of Mexico

8) Cons screwed up in the FEMA efforts behind Hurricane Katrina

9) Cons such as Bush encouraged people to own their own homes, only for 4 years later Fannie and Feddie go bankrupt

10) Cons took a Budget Surplus inherited by Clinton's doings and did NOT use ANY of this budget surplus to pay down the national debt
Typical from what I see around this forum, everyone and everything that people like you view as a failure, or disagree wit,h is lumped together as being "the conservatives," or "republicans," or "the right-wing," or "the TEA party", yadda-yadda. Don't they have dictionaries in your neck of the woods??

Do you even know what these phrases and titles are, or do you just toss them around like general catch phrases? Either way, it does show an ignorance on your part. If you are going to play the part of an informed ideologue, at least understand who and what it is you stand for, and who and what it is you oppose. There's more, but I'm out of here for the day.

Obama started the war with Libya all on his own, and is expanding his war on terror with drone strikes all over Africa

So Nixon was a conservative now?

Clinton signed the Defense of Marriage Act.

There's more i could add to this, but I'm out of here for the day.

Old 06-05-2014, 03:41 PM

4,873 posts, read 3,602,240 times
Nixon was always a conservative, DOMA isn't an amendment, and if you want to compare the conflict in Libya to Iraq then you're probably a liberal proving a point about how much better Obama is than Bush.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies