Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2014, 01:36 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,846,421 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
The government is doing the same thing. Government is some people's religion. It is the government acting just like those enforcing their views elsewhere.

Sharia offenders to be counseled, detained | The Jakarta Post
Again, you have it backwards. What religion does our government endorse or enforce?

Old 06-08-2014, 01:39 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,267,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Again, you have it backwards. What religion does our government endorse or enforce?
Government. Forcing your beliefs on others is still forcing it on others.

Old 06-08-2014, 01:49 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,205,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
it is an extremely unimportant issue. issues that concern me are financial security for my fellow man. liberals don't like that too much.
That is why you have hardly any posts on this thread...not important. LOL. Sure a cake by itself may not seem like a big deal. The concept is very important though as it can affect future transactions if correct application of law is ignored now.

The couple that is discriminated against today about a cake can be discriminated against tomorrow when they are making a living will, buying a home, a vehicle, insurance, pre-arranging with a cemetery for end of life, and several other important matters. This is my last attempt at principle, law, facts, logic and reason prevailing over prejudice for some posters here. I suspect some posters just despise gays and no amount of reason will matter, but some of us at least tried. The concept is important. Goodbye.

Would you be OK with car dealerships, realty firms and insurance agents that refuse service to gays?

Last edited by chessgeek; 06-08-2014 at 02:02 PM..

Old 06-08-2014, 01:51 PM

1,138 posts, read 1,043,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Other things that are strictly forbidden in the bible: tatoos, pork, shaving, going to church after an Orchiectomy, remarrying after divorce, working on the sabboth, women speaking in church, shrimp, etc.....

Bible Babble - The Laws of the Bible
Yes, the Torah (Old Testament) had a lot of laws that do not fit today because they only applied to the context of that time period. There were logical and cultural reasons as to why the anceint Jews had to follow those laws, but that is a discussion for another time and I don't think you're really interested in understanding it.

The New Testament does not abolish the law, but fulfills it, we are to respect it but we not bound by it. To put it simple, The Old Testament is for Teaching and The New Testament is for Living.However sins are sins, Lying is a sin, Theft is a sin, Adultery is a sin, and Homosexuality is a sin, and it states that it is so in both the Old and the New Testament. However God's Love and Grace is open to everyone, we're all sinners in our own way, the homosexual simply has a different sin than I do but they still need salvation.

Just because some of the laws of The Old Testament don't make any sense today doesn't mean that it makes all behaviors listed as okay. Is adultery okay? Is theft okay? Is murder okay? Obviously not.

Old 06-08-2014, 01:52 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,759,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chessgeek View Post
That is why you have hardly any posts on this thread. LOL. Sure a cake by itself may not seem like a big deal. The concept is very important though.

The couple that is discriminated against today about a cake can be discriminated tomorrow when they are making a living will, buying a home, a vehicle, insurance, pre-arranging with a cemetery for end of life, and several other important matters. Important.
no. they aren't a "couple." they are two people. the institution of marriage is discriminatory as a general rule. buying a home and a car? jesus christ. credit is credit. get over it. "moveon."

Old 06-08-2014, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Government. Forcing your beliefs on others is still forcing it on others.

Then you need to go to a country without a government or laws, perhaps Somalia.

Old 06-08-2014, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Coast Republican View Post
Yes, the Torah (Old Testament) had a lot of laws that do not fit today because they only applied to the context of that time period. There were logical and cultural reasons as to why the anceint Jews had to follow those laws, but that is a discussion for another time and I don't think you're really interested in understanding it.

The New Testament does not abolish the law, but fulfills it, we are to respect it but we not bound by it. To put it simple, The Old Testament is for Teaching and The New Testament is for Living.However sins are sins, Lying is a sin, Theft is a sin, Adultery is a sin, and Homosexuality is a sin, and it states that it is so in both the Old and the New Testament. However God's Love and Grace is open to everyone, we're all sinners in our own way, the homosexual simply has a different sin than I do but they still need salvation.

Just because some of the laws of The Old Testament don't make any sense today doesn't mean that it makes all behaviors listed as okay. Is adultery okay? Is theft okay? Is murder okay? Obviously not.
Then that Christian baker "with a conscience' should either deny all sinners service or serve all sinners. To cherry pick his sinners for denial of service is discrimination.

Last edited by jojajn; 06-08-2014 at 02:16 PM..

Old 06-08-2014, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chessgeek View Post
That is why you have hardly any posts on this thread...not important. LOL. Sure a cake by itself may not seem like a big deal. The concept is very important though as it can affect future transactions if correct application of law is ignored now.

The couple that is discriminated against today about a cake can be discriminated against tomorrow when they are making a living will, buying a home, a vehicle, insurance, pre-arranging with a cemetery for end of life, and several other important matters. This is my last attempt at facts, logic and reason prevailing over prejudice for some posters here. I suspect some posters just despise gays and no amount of reason will matter, but some of us at least tried. The concept is important. Goodbye.

Would you be OK with car dealerships, realty firms and insurance agents that refuse service to gays?
yes my dear little sweet cry baby.

Old 06-08-2014, 02:02 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,337,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West Coast Republican View Post

The New Testament has laws that Christians don't follow, either.
Must be nice to cherry-pick like that. .
'I'll take this law but not that one...it's inconvenient for me`'

Old 06-08-2014, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
The New Testament has laws that Christians don't follow, either.
Must be nice to cherry-pick like that. .
'I'll take this law but not that one...it's inconvenient for me`'
"I love democracy." the people of california have voted down gay marriage. "I hate democracy. courts, lawyers. wahhhhhh wahhhhh."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies