Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2014, 07:17 PM

2,777 posts, read 1,780,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
She doesn't sound like she has an ounce of shame. These poor are the same times who claim it's too hard to get a voter ID and you expect any of us believe she would actually show up for work day in and day out. And Democrats supporter her in this excuse. People like this are disgusting pigs.

The highest earners are already being taxed and you want to tax them more. If they start saying enough, then I won't get out of bed either who's these pigs going to get to pay their bills then.
This woman is the same as the kids who used to try to turn their bad grades into strengths, or who made slacking off/disrupting the class funny and cool. She wants to be proud of her laziness because she doesn't have anything else to be proud of and she doesn't think she would be capable of doing something that would give her life meaning and dignity... but the truth is, she isn't as stupid or as worthless or as lazy as she wants to believe she is. She's simply never had anyone who believed in her.

This woman is saying that she would go out and get a job if her welfare was cut off, but it probably wouldn't be the kind of job that would make her happy-- and eventually she would realize that she could make a lot more money selling drugs, stealing cars, breaking into houses, trafficking people or as a con man. How long do you think it would take her to fall into that? If welfare stopped tomorrow, there would be a revolution or a massive spike in crime rates within a year.

What she needs is training and the hope to one day make more than an unlivable wage in a job that makes her feel like more of a loser than welfare ever could. Imagine what would happen if she could go to her dead end job while also being tutored in something that would help her achieve more for herself... imagine if it was a requirement that she report for tutoring/training that wouldn't end until she was qualified to do something that would pay a decent wage.

But the truth is that the corporations need unskilled, low-paying labor in order to make the gargantuan profits they're making... they need to keep people at the bottom because if they didn't, the entire system would collapse. They would love to cut off welfare so crime would go up and they would have an excuse to open up more China-style slave labor private prisons.

Welfare is just another way to keep people at the bottom-- they get to consume and keep the economy going, but they don't what they need to break out of their slump. They get a basic survival in the present, but they don't get a shot at the future. They're encouraged to have children to make money, but the children end up stuck in the same cycle because they don't have proper role models at home.

Welfare is yet another capitalist tool... a lazy, bargain solution to a much larger problem.

Old 06-09-2014, 07:20 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,785,070 times
Originally Posted by steven_h
Maybe we should lock petch and dsjj in a room and the winner is the last man standing.
Quote:
lol, nice try steven_h. Your post is simply an attempt to divert attention away from a subject you don't want to talk about. Why is that steven_h?
Wow, sarcasm is really lost in type. I guess you missed that in the very same post I agreed with you. <sigh>

Old 06-09-2014, 07:23 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,724,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odo View Post
She's simply never had anyone who believed in her.
So what, does she need someone outside herself to say "atta girl"?

Quote:

This woman is saying that she would go out and get a job if her welfare was cut off, but it probably wouldn't be the kind of job that would make her happy--
And do you think that people who are working to pay her bills are in love with their jobs?

Quote:
What she needs is training and the hope to one day make more than an unlivable wage in a job that makes her feel like more of a loser than welfare ever could.
People like her complain it's too hard to get a proper voter ID, one day, a couple hours, and you want me to believe she would do what it takes? Stop the BS already.

Old 06-09-2014, 07:24 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,334,167 times
Quote:
I have to get drug tested to work, why not drug test people who live off the taxes I pay?

many states have proposed some form of drug testing or screening for applicants. In 2009, over 20 states proposed legislation that would require drug testing as a condition of eligibility for public assistance programs.

Drug Testing for Welfare Recipients and Public Assistance
I agree.

I have to get a drug test to work too......and I own the business.....our insurance company wants us to do yearly tests....and sometimes a surprise one.

Old 06-09-2014, 07:24 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,524,704 times
People who get angry in grocery lines need their heads examined. Seriously, food envy must indicate some underlying issue.

Old 06-09-2014, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post

Exactly. Just giving out more benefits isn't the solution. These people need life skills and an attitude adjustment, first and foremost. They need to learn to properly manage their money, how to conduct themselves in public, etc. They didn't learn these things growing up in poverty. You need to start with the most basic of things, the bottom of Maslow's pyramid. The welfare system right now starts somewhere near the middle, assuming that these people actually had work before and lost it. Not the case with so many.
The biggest two problems, as I see it, would be weaning the generational welfare families off it, and dumping the administrators and politicians who's very existence depends on perpetuating it.

Cash for votes... I wonder which party would whine the most about fixing it. They both do it.

Old 06-09-2014, 07:26 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,724,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Originally Posted by steven_h
Maybe we should lock petch and dsjj in a room and the winner is the last man standing.

Wow, sarcasm is really lost in type. I guess you missed in the very same post my agreeing with you. <sigh>
Stephen, my apologies if I missed the humor. People are fed up with all the BS. When I see people busting their asses to make ends meet and then these dead beats sitting on the front porch belly hanging out looking nasty. Go past a few hours later and the same people sitting there just hanging out watching the people go by.

Old 06-09-2014, 07:27 PM

Quote:
So what, does she need someone outside herself to say "atta girl"?

And do you think that people who are working to pay her bills are in love with their jobs?

People like her complain it's too hard to get a proper voter ID, one day, a couple hours, and you want me to believe she would do what it takes? Stop the BS already.
People like her...

I will give you this; your...um...opinion is quite transparent.

Old 06-09-2014, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Stephen, my apologies if I missed the humor. People are fed up with all the BS. When I see people busting their asses to make ends meet and then these dead beats sitting on the front porch belly hanging out looking nasty. Go past a few hours later and the same people sitting there just hanging out watching the people go by.
It is a problem, but an even worse problem will be if you blow a gasket.

P.S. apology accepted

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
People like her...

I will give you this; your...um...opinion is quite transparent.
I see nothing wrong in generalizing about people on welfare, and especially those who feel no shame about living on someone elses dime, as if they are owed a living. Those people (forgive my transparency) give social nets a bad name.

Old 06-09-2014, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Speak for yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies