Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2014, 11:36 AM

4,873 posts, read 3,603,930 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by remoddahouse View Post
I deal with armchair conservatives. You know, they make up the majority of the Republican party. The ones who sit silent and don't talk about a balance budget once conservatives are in office, blame government for their own personal failings in life rather than take ownership for their lack of success, whine about everything the left does even if it was the best course of action or the same thing that would have happened under conservative leadership, etc.

While this forum is almost entirely angry conservatives, I see very few posts of any substance, so I'd argue that armchair conservatives are a bigger problem and it would be nice to actually see any posts of the conservative variety here that are well thought out with ideas based on data and facts.
Unfortunately, data and facts are liberal. At least, according to the modern sense of the word.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2014, 11:57 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,579,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMiller View Post
Maybe. That image is very "why can't I say the n-word in public anymore?!"
wow. that picture really got under your skin, didn't it?

it's odd that it reminds you of liberals wanting to say the 'n-word' in public, but hey, whatever

Old 06-19-2014, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
wow. that picture really got under your skin, didn't it?

it's odd that it reminds you of liberals wanting to say the 'n-word' in public, but hey, whatever
It doesn't get under my skin, I just think it's a sad, childish expression of the conservative persecution complex (and projection).

Old 06-19-2014, 12:01 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,579,481 times
Quote:
It doesn't get under my skin, I just think it's a sad, childish expression of the conservative persecution complex (and projection).
it clearly did send you over the edge. deny it if you feel you must.

i suppose it hit a little too close to home for your comfort...

Old 06-19-2014, 12:10 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,897,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I have several neighbors who are liberals, mostly retired or current Texas government employees and longtime transplants to Texas. I love 'em as friends, but, I find it hypocritical that they have made a very healthy living in this great state, yet refuse to acknowledge the reason Texas is so prosperous is because it is not run like the liberal wastelands they fled!

Something worse? Living in a blue state, whose primary employer is the federal government, meaning hoards of people seeking employment here, thus relocating in the vicinity, bringing their loopy liberal ideas here and trying to rebuild the crappy areas they moved from. Why move if you want the same old same old around the block? None of us wanted it just as we didn't want the sprawl they brought with them. The real fun is when they demand certain amenities should exist for them because that's the way it was in XXXXX. The schools should be like the were in XXXXX.

Me, Me, Me, Me, MEEEEE!!!

They then attack/critisize long time residents who don't want a redo of the area.

Old 06-19-2014, 12:13 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,232,491 times
Quote:
Maybe. That image is very "why can't I say the n-word in public anymore?!"
Seriously, why does that word even come to your mind?

Old 06-19-2014, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toryturner View Post
Seriously, why does that word even come to your mind?
Because that's the example I'm most familiar with, living in a conservative area.

Old 06-19-2014, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Because that's the example I'm most familiar with, living in a conservative area.
Are you saying that most conservatives use that word?

Old 06-19-2014, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toryturner View Post
Are you saying that most conservatives use that word?
In private, many do in my experience. I haven't done a survey or anything, it's just the example I encounter most often. And of the ones that don't, they'll frequently whitesplain that they should be able to say it, even if they don't because they don't want to be ridiculed, because 1st amendment or rappers say it or blah blah.

Old 06-19-2014, 12:29 PM

Quote:
In private, many do in my experience. I haven't done a survey or anything, it's just the example I encounter most often. And of the ones that don't, they'll frequently whitesplain that they should be able to say it, even if they don't because they don't want to be ridiculed, because 1st amendment or rappers say it or blah blah.
Well, if that's true of your experience, than I can understand your outlook. I can only go by my experiences and tell you that while I live in one of the whitest, most conservative parts of California that is not the norm. I think there are nice, considerate people on both sides of the political aisle. The ----heads are the ones that make getting along difficult.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies