Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2014, 11:56 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,671,010 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Littleton is one of the safest, nicest and most affluent areas of the Denver Metro. Great schools too. Look what happened there.

This stuff, bullying, has nothing to do with where you buy a home.

It is the parents fault for not teaching their kid how to deal with a bully.
Oh wait, they did.

It is societies fault for letting it happen, in the name of Progressive enslavery.
He will do time, because his family is not wealthy enough to pay everyone off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2014, 11:57 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,404,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
Wow, capital punishment even if people express morning. Including the ******* kids parents.

The only thing more disgusting than people who perpetrate evil are those who have the power to stop it and just look the other way. They are far more vile.

I don't advocate the death penalty for anyone in this case (because obviously that's patently ridiculous), but I understand the sentiment. So many just look on...they are complicit in the suffering. COMPLICIT.

Whose fault is it that this kid died? It was his own fault mostly.
And that of the people who knew what he was doing and did nothing to stop it (out of fear, out of not caring, etc).
So now he's dead and will never grow up to be a man who continues to torture and mistreat people.
Boo-effin'-hoo.

Old 06-20-2014, 11:58 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,670,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aplcr0331 View Post
I'm trying not to lose my head, a-huh-huh-huh!

My kids love that song!

My oldest son was bullied by about 5 kids when we moved to Maryland. Scarred him pretty well, the school didn't really help. It look a lot to get the school to even acknowledge it. I finally caught up to one of the Dad's of the bullying kids. Stopped it.
Sometimes that is exactly what you have to do. But I question whether this bully had a Dad for you to speak with.

Old 06-20-2014, 11:58 AM

1,261 posts, read 2,147,365 times
I hope the kid walks with minimal punishment and a lot of long-term help. Nobody should have to put up with that kind of abuse.

Old 06-20-2014, 11:59 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,671,010 times
When you live in a war zone, you better be prepared for battle.

Old 06-20-2014, 11:59 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,429,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
you hope this kid gets off for murder????????

yanno what, there is definately something wrong in our system and your the problem?

To what extend was this kid bullied? Just b/c you read this in the paper doesn't mean it is all fact?

and what is wrong with the teachers? You mean to tell me if it was this bad, the teachers didn't see it? Yanno, we drop our kids off at school feeling they are protected for the day, but are they?

I'm not saying this kid is a bad kid, but murder isn't a choice.....
and the kids who did this to him should also be taken from their parents and tried...enough is enough of this bully stuff....they learned it from their parents, kids who come from good homes don't do this...both were wrong here but in the end, murder is not the answer. Our systems are broken
Self-defense.
Why the ‘bully-killing’ teen finally snapped | New York Post
Quote:
That day, shortly after the 3 p.m. bell rang, Timothy, who had been waiting with some cronies, spotted Noel coming out of the school.
“The victim was definitely the aggressor,” a law-enforcement source said.
Timothy walked up to Noel and punched him in the face.
This time, however, Noel allegedly pulled out his knife and stabbed the fellow 14-year-old in the chest.
Folks are going to learn the hard way you can only push even weak people only so far. A phone can be replaced. He didn't have it, why all of this abuse so he wants to kill himself?

Old 06-20-2014, 12:05 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,996,826 times
It's sad that it had to come down to this. On one hand the bully got what he deserved. One can only take so much, and you really have to be careful with who you mess with these days. On the other hand, this kid's dad should have gotten in the face of the other kid's dad, and kindly (or not so kindly) explained that his little bastard better stop f***n' with my kid, or you and me are gonna have a problem!

Old 06-20-2014, 12:07 PM

28,937 posts, read 30,297,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
It's sad that it had to come down to this. On one hand the bully got what he deserved. One can only take so much, and you really have to be careful with who you mess with these days. On the other hand, this kid's dad should have gotten in the face of the other kid's dad, and kindly (or not so kindly) explained that his little bastard better stop f***n' with my kid, or you and me are gonna have a problem!
I agree and if all they were doing to him was true, like coming on his property and urinating, why didn't his parents call the pollice, over and over and over again and log everything that was going on....telling the police that he wanted this inncident written up?

Old 06-20-2014, 12:09 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,879,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
Self defense, not murder. People other than his family also gave statements of the level of bullying which went way beyond taunting. They included daily beatings, chasing him, and even urinating on the front door of his home. Today's public schools protect the bullies through inaction. It's as if the school teachers and principals are afraid of the bullies.
This is so true. My nephew was bullied in high school for months, and nothing my sister and her husband did, which included talking to the school administrators, teachers, the kids' parents, made any difference at all. The school was very reluctant to take a firm stand. One day a few of the bullies were shoving my nephew around and he snapped and decked one of them. The school called the police and my nephew was arrested for assault.

They finally took him out of school and are homeschooling him now. The bullies are still there, unpunished, probably bullying someone else.

While I don't condone murder, that's not what this was. It was self defense, pure and simple. I hope the kid walks. And then gets a whole lot of counseling.

Old 06-20-2014, 12:09 PM

28,937 posts, read 30,297,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Self-defense.
Why the ‘bully-killing’ teen finally snapped | New York Post

Folks are going to learn the hard way you can only push even weak people only so far. A phone can be replaced. He didn't have it, why all of this abuse so he wants to kill himself?
I'm sorry, but no matter how you cut it, I want to wait and see what unfolds here, I'm not going to believe everything I read in the paper....
there is no excuse for murder.....

I was bullied every single day by my mother, my maternal mother and beat up and treated like a maid....went to work at 13 years old, we rented an apartment over a grocery store and the men who worked downstairs told people they heard the screams and hits and yelling.....why didn't they do anything, and would that merit me murdering her? I don't think so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies