Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2014, 12:57 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,217,006 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
How about this....It is considerably more than one month... May marked the 39th consecutive May and 351st consecutive month with a global temperature above the 20th century average. State of the Climate | National Climatic Data Center (NCDC)
It was warmer in the 1930's than now.

I think it has cooled a bit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2014, 01:20 AM

5,177 posts, read 4,790,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Yeah, but that's after GHCN v3.

When that doesn't work anymore, we'll get GHCN v4 to "correct" temperature measurements from a century ago and we'll once again have the warmest months, seasons and years since 60, 80 or 100 years ago.

Apparently, in order for the science of global warming to remain settled, recorded temperatures from 100 years ago will still be up for debate.
Dont you ever get the feeling that like King Canute, you are standing on the beach commanding the tide to retreat?

There are a plethora of articles published over the past several days agreeing with you - that NASA and NOAA and their minions have falsified the data to pursue their AGW agendas. I have read your own posts and I note well that the alarmists have no answer. Why should they? It is ALL about dogma to them. One has to ask who are the deniers?

Cant rep you more. City Data rules. Keep fighting the good fight. With any luck, truth and science will prevail.

Old 06-24-2014, 01:42 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,370,068 times
Quote:
Surface temperature have risen very little, but again, I guess you don't want to discuss or admit that the oceans (where most of the additional heat is stored) are warming even more rapidly.

The most likely explanation for the lack of significant warming at the Earth’s surface in the past decade or so is that natural climate cycles—a series of La Niña events and a negative phase of the lesser-known Pacific Decadal Oscillation—caused shifts in ocean circulation patterns that moved some excess heat into the deep ocean. Even so, recent years have been some of the warmest on record, and scientists expect temperatures will swing back up soon. Why did Earth

Wow, I never thought of that!

Since we're now pulling baseless theories out of our ***es, wouldn't it be just a likely that ages old heat stored in the ocean depths has been moving higher and artificially warming what would otherwise be a significantly cooled Earth's surface?

"the oceans (where most of the additional heat is stored) are warming even more rapidly."

SOURCE?

Old 06-24-2014, 01:50 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,370,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
It was warmer in the 1930's than now.

I think it has cooled a bit.

Don't accept the GHCN v3 lie!

Old 06-24-2014, 01:53 AM

3,046 posts, read 6,286,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
Here we go. Stop and do a google search. These folks along with many many nut balls calling themselves scientists have been faking data for years.

Faked Global Warming Data

Most of these folks admit to changing the data.. Suckers born every minute and the hilarious part is? Well, liberals rail against the rich and these folks keep feeding you horse manure to make themselves richer and you sit down with silverware and a napkin then ask for seconds. I love it when you post how right they are without lifting a single finger to even see if anyone might be blowing smoke up your hooter.. You were a good liberal though and used option b) attack the source, from the liberal handbook. If that doesn't work I suggest using c) it's Bushes fault!

When you have to correct a *******, it's like throwing pearls in a pig pen. Oh, they won't believe you even when the truth is in front of them because they will shut their eyes and ears and continue their thoughtless preprogramed liberal progressive nonsense.

Old 06-24-2014, 01:59 AM

3,046 posts, read 6,286,982 times
Quote:
Surface temperature have risen very little, but again, I guess you don't want to discuss or admit that the oceans (where most of the additional heat is stored) are warming even more rapidly.

The most likely explanation for the lack of significant warming at the Earth’s surface in the past decade or so is that natural climate cycles—a series of La Niña events and a negative phase of the lesser-known Pacific Decadal Oscillation—caused shifts in ocean circulation patterns that moved some excess heat into the deep ocean. Even so, recent years have been some of the warmest on record, and scientists expect temperatures will swing back up soon. Why did Earth

I guess the under water volcano's don't count for that heated ocean temps? You know, the 1000 plus last year alone when 20 years ago there might only be 20 under water eruptions? And I never get an answer when I ask this question; With the Sun's solar flares increased activity, and larger flares at that, wouldn't that bring up our temps ? Yes it would but that little fact gets buried by the powerhungry epa lovers, so my question why the lie by the epa, UN, and government funded "scientist " that make their living off more and more tax money ? Think it's in their OWN selfish interest to claim this bs that we need to throw away our rights for their agenda ?

Old 06-24-2014, 02:55 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,447,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12GO View Post
I guess the under water volcano's don't count for that heated ocean temps? You know, the 1000 plus last year alone when 20 years ago there might only be 20 under water eruptions? And I never get an answer when I ask this question; With the Sun's solar flares increased activity, and larger flares at that, wouldn't that bring up our temps ? Yes it would but that little fact gets buried by the powerhungry epa lovers, so my question why the lie by the epa, UN, and government funded "scientist " that make their living off more and more tax money ? Think it's in their OWN selfish interest to claim this bs that we need to throw away our rights for their agenda ?
With regard to the sun, it is actually relatively quiet compared to what it has been just after a solar maximum. Solar activity is much lower now than it was during this period in 2003, or 1992, or 1981. Also, the solar flares during this solar cycle are smaller and less frequent than they have been in the past. The 1859 Carrington event, for example, was more than 10 times stronger than any solar flare or CME yet recorded. So to answer your question, no the sun activity has not increased or lowered our surface temperatures any more than it has in the last 155 years.

Old 06-24-2014, 03:02 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,785,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I have come across a number of people here who don't even think climate change is real.
So let's be realistic, and ignore the people who think climate change isn't real, AND TO BE FAIR, those who blame it all on man (AGW)

Tell me... how will money and science cool the planet?

One simple question, so give me one simple answer.

Old 06-24-2014, 03:12 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,785,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckmann View Post
Dont you ever get the feeling that like King Canute, you are standing on the beach commanding the tide to retreat?

There are a plethora of articles published over the past several days agreeing with you - that NASA and NOAA and their minions have falsified the data to pursue their AGW agendas. I have read your own posts and I note well that the alarmists have no answer. Why should they? It is ALL about dogma to them. One has to ask who are the deniers?

Cant rep you more. City Data rules. Keep fighting the good fight. With any luck, truth and science will prevail.
YOU ARE EXACTLT RIGHT!

The entire issue is money!!!

HEY YOU FK"N MORONS who are agw cultists....they want your money! They want you to slave for them under the guise of cooling the planet! It's the same as slaving to pay for all the welfare programs, while they redistribute your taxes to the 1%ers you claim to hate!

PLEASE, read that again!

Money will fix the AGW problem... right?

YOURE BAT SH|T CRAZY IF YOU HONESTLY BELIEVE THIS BS!

Go buy a solar system and change every incandescent bulb to LED, as I have, and then come to me and say you care about the planet! Until then, you're a hypocrite!

Most of us conservatives are already far beyond you liberals when it comes to conserving energy.

Why are these AGW complainers arguing over something that man cannot change, against people who are more inclined to change then they are? You people make me sick!

Old 06-24-2014, 04:05 AM

33,529 posts, read 37,130,597 times
When not refuting the 97 percent of scientists who believe in human-caused global warming, climate change deniers often draw upon the conspiracy that it’s is a fabricated theory invented by those in a position to gain financially or otherwise from efforts to reduce greenhouse gas emissions. A Texas-based physicist is turning that notion on its head by offering $10,000 of his own money to anyone who can disprove mainstream, accepted climate science. Physicist Offers $10,000 To Anyone Who Can Disprove Climate Change | ThinkProgress
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies