Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2014, 03:29 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,405,006 times

Advertisements

Higher gun ownership would reduce this. Its not as fun if you hit someone with a bat, and the guy next to him feels threatened by your behavior and shoots you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2014, 03:32 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,955,195 times
The kids that do this type of thing are such inhuman cowards...like it or not it is still a reflection of our society.

Old 06-24-2014, 03:54 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,807,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
What is wrong with people? Why is this still going on? Where's the outrage from community leaders? Look at him prowling around Walmart swinging a baseball bat looking for a victim. Thank goodness she's okay but she's very lucky it wasn't worse. [/url]

Makes no sense to me that he was released on a $20,000 bond.

What's up with that, Port Smith, Arkansas?

Old 06-24-2014, 03:55 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,474,100 times
I never thought I'd see the day when the Stromfront crowd would be on the same side of an issue as the Rev. Al Sharpton.

Knockout Games -- The Biggest Form of Cowardice | Rev. Al Sharpton

Old 06-24-2014, 04:11 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,547,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30to66at55 View Post
Imagine if it was white doing this.....and does Obama say anything?...if it were his folk he would be screaming all day long.
It's always amusing when people like you project their racial anxiety onto others. But the simple truth is, there's no shortage of white people randomly attacking black people - the "knockout game" is supposedly played exclusively by black kids attacking non-black people, because this is exactly what the white supremacists define it to be, regardless of their reasoning.

Back in the real world, Obama has been quick to extend his sympathy to the families of victims of violent crime, regardless of their skin color. It's actually white conservatives who have shown anger based on skin color, from Trayvon Martin, to Jordan Davis, to Renisha McBride.

Projection. It's always projection...

ETA: And I'm glad to see that Gemdiver has decided to make this blatantly about skin color.

Old 06-24-2014, 04:14 PM

1,989 posts, read 2,538,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken View Post
It's always amusing when people like you project their racial anxiety onto others. But the simple truth is, there's no shortage of white people randomly attacking black people - the "knockout game" is supposedly played exclusively by black kids attacking non-black people, because this is exactly what the white supremacists define it to be, regardless of their reasoning.

Back in the real world, Obama has been quick to extend his sympathy to the families of victims of violent crime, regardless of their skin color. It's actually white conservatives who have shown anger based on skin color, from Trayvon Martin, to Jordan Davis, to Renisha McBride.

Projection. It's always projection...
There are groups of white kids attacking black people? Surely this must have made national news. Can you link to that story? Actually link to any story of white people randomly attacking black people? It happens all the time right?

Old 06-24-2014, 04:21 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,941,482 times
I see this and think it is another social panic like rainbow parrots before it that isn't as wide spread as people make it out to be.

Old 06-24-2014, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I see this and think it is another social panic like rainbow parrots before it that isn't as wide spread as people make it out to be.
How many attacks would you say there would need to be before it was considered "wide spread"?

Old 06-24-2014, 04:28 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,547,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aplcr0331 View Post
There are groups of white kids attacking black people? Surely this must have made national news. Can you link to that story? Actually link to any story of white people randomly attacking black people? It happens all the time right?
Well, aside from the cases I already mentioned, there are also cases like this one. Face it, some people are simply cruel, and it has nothing to do with some supposed "game", or to skin color. And as much as you guys like to whine about the Trayvon Martin case, the only real reason why that case hit national news was because the police chief went around blaming the victim, instead of arresting George Zimmerman, who was clearly the murderer and the aggressor.

Old 06-24-2014, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken View Post
Well, aside from the cases I already mentioned, there are also cases like this one. Face it, some people are simply cruel, and it has nothing to do with some supposed "game", or to skin color. And as much as you guys like to whine about the Trayvon Martin case, the only real reason why that case hit national news was because the police chief went around blaming the victim, instead of arresting George Zimmerman, who was clearly the murderer and the aggressor.
GZ was not the agressor. Murderer? Sure in self defense, but not the aggressor. I guess you failed to watch the actual trial huh?

I see your one and raise you 6.

Cambridge police seek suspect who punched two in head | Local News - WCVB Home

Teen Gets 10 Years For Fatal Punch « CBS Minnesota

Flint police believe assault on MTA bus driver part of so-called 'knockout game' | MLive.com

‘I slugged 78-year-old woman in self-defense’ | New York Post

Knockout: Victims of brutal Downtown Mall assault want arrests, and answers from policeC-Ville Weekly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=712GH4RTQZo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies