Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2014, 02:03 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times

Advertisements

If AGW is real, nothing is going to stop it, well, unless your prediction comes true, and then it will stop in 100 years.

Old 06-25-2014, 02:03 PM

1,989 posts, read 2,536,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
I find the science behind AGW compelling and sound. Though I do not believe that AGW will result in the extinction of mankind, I do believe we are leaving a potential environmental calamity for future generations.

I take the old time conservative approach on this issue. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Face problems and deal with them and not leave it for our children to deal with.

Under this new fangled "conservatism" and what passes for "conservatism", it is all about the here and now and a what have you done for me lately attitude.

Yes, I'm with you on the seriousness of AGW.
Me too, what is the plan of action?

Old 06-25-2014, 02:04 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,785,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
Bee's will become extinct in 25 years.

Starfish will be extinct in a decade or so.

we are on track to being extinct in 100 years.
So much hysteria.

So little proof.

Some things never change.

Old 06-25-2014, 02:05 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odo View Post
If you want to compare this to AGW, perhaps you should find a scientifically peer reviewed paper that asserts it first.
You denialists are all the same.

Old 06-25-2014, 02:06 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,455,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aplcr0331 View Post
Make everyone poor so they can't afford any luxuries and leave all the CO2 emissions for the elites.

Old 06-25-2014, 02:06 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,785,325 times
Have the manmade-global-whatever fanatics ever come up with an actual link between man's activites and the climate changes we are seeing? Or are they still ducking, dodging, shucking, and jiving away?

Climates frequently change.

Sometimes the climate gets warmer.

And sometimes it gets colder.

That's been going on for as long as the planet has been orbiting the Sun. Or, as long as it's had a climate, at least.

And man has never had the slightest influence on it.

Even the leftist loons who scream about how we have to use government to change everything, go back to the stone age, etc., to prevent some unknown catastrophe, have never been able to come up with even ONE study or example that backs up their claims.

What's funny is that, when they do name some study, it invariably turns out to be nothing but a bunch of long-winded claims which, finally, refer to some other "study" for proof. And what is in that other "study"? You guessed it - more long-winded claims, and eventually a reference to yet another study. And you can guess what is in that one, too.

The leftist global-whatever loons have been insisting on impending doom, and the urgent need to give government massive powers to change every bit of our lives to "avoid" that doom, for at least 40 years by my count. Literally billions of dollars have changed hands - usually into their hands - all over the world. And they still haven't come up with one shred of proof that man has had the least bit of influence on the climate changes that happen regularly around us. Nor is there any proof that man can do anything to change it.

***40 YEARS*** of screaming, caterwauling, and doomsaying. All without the slightest proof. Just references to references to references, ad infinitum. And demands that they be given complete power over all of us, and that we send more and more of our resources to them, to change what they cannot change.

Old 06-25-2014, 02:07 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,327,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
If this is post is for real, you just did a great disservice to yourself and everyone else who is worried about "climate change".

Let me explain a simple reality. Global warming actually means more rain, more food, a generally more habitable planet, and a reduction in most types of severe weather.

As for Monsanto or bees, that has absolutely nothing to do with AGW.

The Earth could heat 20 degrees Celsius and humans still aren't going to "die off". To believe otherwise is just absurd.
Scientists tend to disagree with you, but I'm glad we have such a learned opinion in our midst.
Is extreme weather caused by global warming?

Global Warming and Extreme Weather - National Wildlife Federation

Global Warming, Climate Change and Extreme Weather - Del Mar Global Trust

Old 06-25-2014, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aplcr0331 View Post
For some people, the plan is to continue buying brand new computers and phones so they can hashtag about it.

#itwasreallyhotstandinginlineformynewiphonedamntho sedeniers

Old 06-25-2014, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Make everyone poor so they can't afford any luxuries and leave all the CO2 emissions for the elites.
If they can take away your air conditioner for the rest of your life, that might be enough climate credit to add another plane to Obama's air armada that he flies to Hawaii each year for vacation.

Old 06-25-2014, 02:13 PM

5,177 posts, read 4,792,616 times
More AGW alarmist nonsense. Knock me over with a feather.

PS. the real problem is pollution.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies