Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2014, 01:01 PM

19 posts, read 36,086 times

Advertisements

I'm not an ace student of history --- but is George W. Bush's quote in 2004 of "America will win the War on Terror" just about the stupidest thing ever said by a U.S. President ??

Here is his exact quote from a speech given to an American Legion convention in Aug. 2004:

“In this different kind of war, we may never sit down at a peace table,” Bush said. “But make no mistake about it, we are winning and we will win.”

I mean, really? How do you squash out every single terrorist on Earth? That's as stupid as saying "We will win the War on Poverty" or "We will win the War on Drugs". Can drugs and poverty ever be totally wiped from the face of the Earth? NO, and neither can terrorism.

Just please enlighten me if you have further insights about how the USA can "win the War on Terrorism". Right now, that seems like the STUPIDEST idea ever conceived and publicly stated by any U.S. President.

No wonder so many people hated that moron Dubya!

Old 06-29-2014, 02:15 PM

2,410 posts, read 4,458,748 times
First of all--would you expect him to say something like--"we'll never win, let's just give up now."? "Will win" is future and it may be 50 years--or 500--but it's a hopeful statement rather than a defeatist statement.

However, in 2012, Obama said we already defeated the terrorists, so what's your point now?

Old 06-29-2014, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb73 View Post
First of all--would you expect him to say something like--"we'll never win, let's just give up now."? "Will win" is future and it may be 50 years--or 500--but it's a hopeful statement rather than a defeatist statement.

The point I was trying to make is that you can NEVER really win a war against something that will always exist despite our best efforts to eradicate it from the Earth. How are you ever going to permanently prevent somebody from using explosives to blow innocent people up? I'd sure love to hear your detailed explanation about how this can be possible.

All I'm asking for is my President to be intelligent enough to make REALISTIC public statements that the American people can rally behind. Someone truly educated and smart like Obama would say something along the lines of:
"America will never falter in it's pursuit of terrorists and whoever aids them".
That is a very realistic statement and one that can instill confidence in the people that our President has a good grip on reality by the words he chooses.

When you say something truly moronic like "We will win the war on terror" --- you only accomplish the simple goal of making yourself look like a stupid, clueless jackass. I guess that's what Dubya was actually good at --- making himself look like a mumbling jackass.

Old 06-29-2014, 03:34 PM

4,625 posts, read 12,299,513 times
What part of current events does a speech from 2004 have?

What our politicians will never admit is a Muslim country will never be a democracy. Feel free to argue blue and red now!

Old 06-29-2014, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWillys View Post
What part of current events does a speech from 2004 have?

What our politicians will never admit is a Muslim country will never be a democracy. Feel free to argue blue and red now!

A bonehead statement from 2004 from the Dumbest President in U.S. history has a lot of impact on current events --- because of Dubya boldly stating REALLY stupid things like "Mission Accomplished" and "We won the war on terror" --- now we're on the brink of all out war with the entire Middle East because we've been sitting pretty thinking the problem was solved over 10 years ago.

Sheesh, man --- get a friggin' clue.

Old 06-29-2014, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg-Boo-85 View Post
A bonehead statement from 2004 from the Dumbest President in U.S. history has a lot of impact on current events --- because of Dubya boldly stating REALLY stupid things like "Mission Accomplished" and "We won the war on terror" --- now we're on the brink of all out war with the entire Middle East because we've been sitting pretty thinking the problem was solved over 10 years ago.

Sheesh, man --- get a friggin' clue.
My clue is current events is not a political forum, and your claim is not current. IIf you feel the need to slam others you only need to look in the mirror. My party can beat up your party should be in politics.

Not to forget that Iraq war was supported by both parties, and you want to rewrite history.

Old 06-29-2014, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWillys View Post
My clue is current events is not a political forum, and your claim is not current. IIf you feel the need to slam others you only need to look in the mirror. My party can beat up your party should be in politics.

Not to forget that Iraq war was supported by both parties, and you want to rewrite history.

Iraq was an illegal war preconceived, fabricated, propagandized, and executed strictly by Republican Neo-Cons like Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, and Rove.

That is 100% FACT --- no matter how much a Tea Party henchman like you tries to deny it.

Old 06-29-2014, 05:09 PM

29,522 posts, read 22,674,035 times
How about, "Mission Accomplished."

Mission 'accomplished' indeed!

Not getting into a political debate or argument. Political affiliation means little to me, idiocy and lunacy are same regardless if democrat, republican, libertarian, martian....

Old 06-29-2014, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg-Boo-85 View Post
Iraq was an illegal war preconceived, fabricated, propagandized, and executed strictly by Republican Neo-Cons like Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, and Rove.

That is 100% FACT --- no matter how much a Tea Party henchman like you tries to deny it.
Tea party henchman is pretty funny, and you know little about me to label me. I'm registered no party affiliation, and am a centerist that may even lean left. However, that doesn't change what I said. If you got to Senate.gov and look at who voted to go to war in Iraq Democrats are just as responsible.

Tea party? Me? You can't be serious, and might want to look through my posts here. I wouldn't waste my time pissing on the Koch bros.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies