Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2014, 08:55 PM

139 posts, read 85,633 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Nobody has a clue what deep budget cuts are.
Au Contraire.

In Texas, Family Planning funded clinics, numbering 300 in 2011, were reduced to 124 in 2013 due to Texas's defunding initiatives.

In Wisconsin, four Planned Parenthood clinics closed last year after Gov. Walker redirected $1 million from them.

These measures weren't taken to balance the budget, but political ploys that have limited women's options in receiving health care services.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2014, 08:57 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
They will soon enough.

The whole idea that America can afford universal, national and/or single-payer healthcare is absurd.
How much are we spending in Afghanistan, Syria, Pakistan, Iraq, North Korea, etc etc etc?

Quote:
Whatever... The people who even bring it up are bashed over the head with left-wing propaganda. Apparently no one seems to realize that for America to actually start competing with other countries there's going to need to be a drastic reduction in the value of the dollar so that as America loses market share around the globe (since there can't be 5 Americas on planet Earth) it's not overburdened with debt at the same time.

It's collective delusion that makes the housing bubble look microscopic and all you hear is give me, give me, give me...
You'll note in the thread about other countries going to other dollars, I said that was a good thing.

Old 07-05-2014, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
They will soon enough.

The whole idea that America can afford universal, national and/or single-payer healthcare is absurd. America still can't even talk about the OADI Trust Fund that will be depleted by 2016 or the Medicare HI Trust Fund that will go by 2026. Americans aren't talking about the $3.5 trillion needed to upgrade the electrical infrastructure. They aren't talking about 58% of the budget already going to SS, Medicare, Medicaid, CHIP and the Safety Net Programs.

Whatever... The people who even bring it up are bashed over the head with left-wing propaganda. Apparently no one seems to realize that for America to actually start competing with other countries there's going to need to be a drastic reduction in the value of the dollar so that as America loses market share around the globe (since there can't be 5 Americas on planet Earth) it's not overburdened with debt at the same time.

It's collective delusion that makes the housing bubble look microscopic and all you hear is give me, give me, give me...
I have addressed your concerns about the budgetary effects of ACA according to CBO. Please see post #1043.

Old 07-05-2014, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Middling Swordsman View Post
Au Contraire.

In Texas, Family Planning funded clinics, numbering 300 in 2011, were reduced to 124 in 2013 due to Texas's defunding initiatives.

In Wisconsin, four Planned Parenthood clinics closed last year after Gov. Walker redirected $1 million from them.

These measures weren't taken to balance the budget, but political ploys that have limited women's options in receiving health care services.
Why aren't they paying for my health care services?

Old 07-05-2014, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Why aren't they paying for my health care services?
We all pay for each other's health care in some way. Whether through health care insurance pools or taxes funding medicaid and medicare services. Organizations like Planned Parenthood, which receives public monies, is charged with educating and providing affordable health care access to low-income individuals, primarily. Our nation is only as strong as those at the bottom.

Old 07-05-2014, 09:11 PM

Quote:
We all pay for each other's healthcare in some way. Whether through health care insurance pools or taxes funding medicaid and medicare services. Organizations like Planned Parenthood, which receives public monies, is charged with educating and providing affordable health care access to low-income individuals, primarily. Our nation is only as strong as those at the bottom.
Nobody paid mine when I was at the bottom.

Old 07-05-2014, 09:17 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,468,904 times
Quote:
I have addressed your concerns about the budgetary effects of ACA according to CBO. Please see post #1043.
Great. Now if the ACA had been implemented as it was suppose to have been instead of stalled for political neck-saving we would know the actual cost. As it stands you're still missing about 43 million people being subsidized. Well, that's if the 49 million people actually existed in the first place and/or haven't been abducted and now only exist in an X-file.

Old 07-05-2014, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Nobody paid mine when I was at the bottom.
I don't presume to know your life circumstances, be it past or present; however, if you were to have had a heart attack and subsequently rushed off to the ICU without insurance, the taxpayer would've footed the bill.

Old 07-05-2014, 09:19 PM

Quote:
I don't presume to know your life circumstances, be it past or present; however, if you were to have had a heart attack and subsequently rushed off to the ICU without insurance, the taxpayer would've footed the bill.
No, the hospital would have sued me. Been there. (not a heart attack)

Old 07-05-2014, 09:20 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,468,904 times
Quote:
How much are we spending in Afghanistan, Syria, Pakistan, Iraq, North Korea, etc etc
The entire DoD budget accounts for 19% of the Federal Budget.

Are you trying to say we should be spending 77% of the FB on welfare?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies