Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2014, 09:04 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,017,439 times

Advertisements

Ah yes dance around to Cream or Airplane. Are you kidding me?? lol

Old 07-05-2014, 09:07 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,496,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I went to see the Eagles a few years back. Not real close or anything....$125 a ticket......they played a few songs when Glenn Fry decided he wanted to preach to us. The crowd cheered real loud (to drown him out) and Don Henley spoke up and said, "Come on, there are people out there tonight wondering where there next meal is coming from, listen to what he has to say".

The only thing I could think was, Yeah, and the two of you are only interested in selling tickets at $125 plus a pop.
Ha! What did he want to preach about?

Old 07-05-2014, 09:13 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
Ha! What did he want to preach about?
Something as I said about there being people out there wondering where their next meal would come from. I figured they could have fed all the homeless people in Charleston WV for a fraction of what they took in that night.

Old 07-05-2014, 09:15 PM

1,690 posts, read 2,061,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
Okay once again with more coherence so the rest of the class can understand?
In short,

Today we are glued to a digital age. We live in an age where everything is pre-made, a copy of something else

This is a sharp contrast from the life of the true counterculture grassroots of the 60s and 70s where thoughts and expressions and what people said in situations, were completely original and this was how politicians like Jimmy Carter and Lloyd Bensen and Jack Kennedy formed American ideas about how to evolve the US...things were pure and new

Old 07-05-2014, 09:17 PM

13,714 posts, read 31,187,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricS39 View Post
But what happened to the psychedelic eastern religion Ravi Shankar tarot hippie beads with sitar and patchouli oil and hemp shop culture? With chanting nudists in tents and art graffiti and outdoor concerts with long hair and antiwar flower children of the revolution?

And the beautiful every day people just wanting a little R-E-S-P-E-C-T with the words of the prophets written on the subway walls....and the smoking sounds of the sergeant pepper lonely hearts club band on the misty mountain top in the the desert on a horse with no name among riders on the storm into this house we're born to see Indians scattered on dawn's hwy bleeding ghosts crowd the young child's fragile eggshell mind
You are really full of yourself. Your other posts wax poetic about social democracies yet you complain here about too much government. And you try to carry yourself as a child of the 60s, which we know you're not.

Stitching song titles together into a run on sentence doesn't impress me.

Old 07-05-2014, 09:17 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,496,229 times
Yes, It's always pretty insulting when people like that is telling the average Joe how they should think and live their lives. Did part of that 125 dollar ticket go to feed the hungry?

Old 07-05-2014, 09:20 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
Yes, It's always pretty insulting when people like that is telling the average Joe how they should think and live their lives. Did part of that 125 dollar ticket go to feed the hungry?
I suppose Joe might have been hungry after the show.

Old 07-05-2014, 09:28 PM

32,072 posts, read 15,077,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Have to do things that don't mess up the brain cells.

Like I told my kids -- choose your addictions wisely. I let them play video games -- they would not want to mess up their scores by destroying brain cells.
Did you read the latest in the science field. Studies show that mushrooms actually help with depression....early stage but promising. Sometimes your brain cells need to be messed with in order to alleviate depression. Why do you think they use ECT. I think these illegal drugs may be the answer for many diseases and disorders.

Old 07-05-2014, 09:37 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,230,467 times
Quote:
In short,

Today we are glued to a digital age. We live in an age where everything is pre-made, a copy of something else

This is a sharp contrast from the life of the true counterculture grassroots of the 60s and 70s where thoughts and expressions and what people said in situations, were completely original and this was how politicians like Jimmy Carter and Lloyd Bensen and Jack Kennedy formed American ideas about how to evolve the US...things were pure and new
As times change, people do as well. We live in a digital age where social media is the norm. Matter of fact, I don't watch traditional television anymore...I haven't for the past 5 years. Instead, I stick to buying DVDs of shows I hear a lot about/like or watch a bunch of Youtube videos from Content Creators I'm subscribed to. Plus with Netflix, Hulu Plus, Amazon Prime, etc,etc I can get what I want when I want it.

In short - everything I can do with a television, I can do plus more on my laptop.

Old 07-05-2014, 09:38 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,060,276 times
Quote:
Instead of Cyber space YouTube and Facebook and texting is the drug of drugs

Once it was hallucinogenics, speed, downers, experimental drugs and magic pills, transcendental meditation, love shacks and real acoustic psychedelic stuff happening

NOT this top 40 junk autotune songs on the corporate XM radio

But Real homegrown
acid rock Zeppelin and Cream and Hendrix and Jefferson Airplane and Woodstock and Grateful Dead and Alice in Chains

Instead of corporate office jobs,

it was all American industrial union manufacturing mills

And real flower people and real hippies and real stuff on the town square bulletin about counterculture and living in tepees and stuff

Today it's all about YouTube and Facebook likes and selfies and living with mommy and daddy at age 26, not teens venturing off into teepees in California communes

So Lame and square
Does your mommy know that you're up?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies