Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2014, 11:43 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
lol, as long as I am paying your way you and subsidizing you, of course you won't believe me. It doesn't benefit giving people a free ride propaganda.
Ah cute, you assume you are paying for my insurance. Hate to break it to you kiddo, but I pay for my own insurance.

Old 07-08-2014, 11:43 AM

18,665 posts, read 19,972,963 times
Quote:
Americans who don’t delight in being ripped off under Obamacare are bad people who seethe with resentment. Their great sin is wanting to keep their own hard-earned money.
Except I was hardly alone. Our entire 5 figure US headcount saw similar cost control; my ex employer (I know from friends) saw similar tiny hikes, and they also have a 5 figure US headcount.

Old 07-08-2014, 11:45 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Tell us, did you think this same though before Obama? Or is insurance increases new to you?
Of course it went up. But it went up AGAIN and when I LOSE my healthcare insurance DUE TO OBAMACARE, if I choose to buy it again, it will go up again. But I'm supposed to because po useless folks are getting a free ride with subsidies. And you don't expect people who are doing the subsidizing to look at the welfare subsidy crowd with disdain?.

Old 07-08-2014, 11:47 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,396,200 times
What would you prefer? People to just get sick and die? You're further exposing how stupid our nation's lack of universal health care really is.

Old 07-08-2014, 11:53 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times
Quote:
Of course it went up. But it went up AGAIN and when I LOSE my healthcare insurance DUE TO OBAMACARE, if I choose to buy it again, it will go up again. But I'm supposed to because po useless folks are getting a free ride with subsidies. And you don't expect people who are doing the subsidizing to look at the welfare subsidy crowd with disdain?.
So you are just complaining because you can afford health insurance and those that couldn't afford it now have insurance? Well why not just be one of those poor people and enjoy the life of luxury.

Old 07-08-2014, 11:57 AM

2,672 posts, read 2,718,496 times
Quote:
Most people wont be paying more next year if they are on a budget. The reason being is that most people bought in at the Silver level or higher only 20% bought in at the Bronze level that means that 80% can move to a cheaper level of insurance or simply change insurers. The exchanges make it easy to select a new cheaper policy.

Old 07-08-2014, 11:57 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,750,169 times
Our family used to buy our own health insurance and then we lost our plan due to the ACA. The new plans that were most similar to our old plan are more then double without a subsidy. With a subsidy they are a little bit more expensive then our previous plan but not too much more. Unfortunately though, the ones in our price range are all HMO's, something that we really don't want. I'm also not too crazy about taking a subsidy for a product that we could previously afford and having to jump through the website that was labelled, "100% unsecure" by internet security experts to get that subsidy that we didn't need prior for the HMO coverage that we don't want. It's really messed up. I can't wait for the employer mandate to kick in so that others can see for themselves what this is all about.

Old 07-08-2014, 12:13 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,231,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Our family used to buy our own health insurance and then we lost our plan due to the ACA. The new plans that were most similar to our old plan are more then double without a subsidy. With a subsidy they are a little bit more expensive then our previous plan but not too much more. Unfortunately though, the ones in our price range are all HMO's, something that we really don't want. I'm also not too crazy about taking a subsidy for a product that we could previously afford and having to jump through the website that was labelled, "100% unsecure" by internet security experts to get that subsidy that we didn't need prior for the HMO coverage that we don't want. It's really messed up. I can't wait for the employer mandate to kick in so that others can see for themselves what this is all about.
THIS! It does seem cruel to wait in anticipation for all of the employer based insured to catch a clue but at this point I won't feel much sympathy for them when our reality is theirs.

Old 07-08-2014, 12:17 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Beggars can't be choosers. That is another reason why they support Obamacare without asking what was in it even before it passed.

Old 07-08-2014, 12:33 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,750,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toryturner View Post
THIS! It does seem cruel to wait in anticipation for all of the employer based insured to catch a clue but at this point I won't feel much sympathy for them when our reality is theirs.

I feel the same way. People have called me a liar, assumed that I hadn't looked hard enough for the "right" plan or been too concerned about the security of the exchange that computer security experts labelled, "100%" unsecure and losing some of my independence by accepting government funding (subsidies) for something that I could previously afford on my own. I might have had some sympathy in me before but after all of this I am tempted to bake some pies with the words, "I TOLD YOU SO!" etched in the top and quite literally rub those pies in certain people's faces when reality hits them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies