Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2014, 08:05 AM

1,696 posts, read 1,715,510 times

Advertisements

Apparently the good governor thinks there's some kind of federal government conspiracy regarding the situation at the border. He maybe believes it a little too much -- good thing Martha Raddatz is there to talk him down or at least stop him from making a bigger fool of himself.

This is my favorite part:

"PERRY: When I have — when I have written a letter that is dated May of 2012, and I have yet to have a response from this administration, I will tell you they either are inept or don’t care, and that is my position.

We have been bringing to the attention of President Obama and his administration since 2010, he received a letter from me on the tarmac. He sends — I have to believe that when you do not respond in any way, that you are either inept, or you have some ulterior motive of which you are functioning from."

That's almost Palinesque word salad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Oia5UfX8GM
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2014, 08:13 AM

4,130 posts, read 4,462,953 times
I hope Rick gets nominated next time to run for president. He will provide more silly quotes than Palin did.

The political comics will have a hard time though. They won't even need to make any commentary to his idiocy...it speaks for itself. I just wonder what kind of person sees Rick and says that's the smart kind of politician that they want representing them.

Old 07-08-2014, 08:16 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,785,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
I hope Rick gets nominated next time to run for president. He will provide more silly quotes than Palin did.

The political comics will have a hard time though. They won't even need to make any commentary to his idiocy...it speaks for itself. I just wonder what kind of person sees Rick and says that's the smart kind of politician that they want representing them.
Hate to disappoint you but he will not get the nomination so you will have to start finding someone else to pick on. Now as for what he says or thinks: he has good reason, until this morning, Obama would not even acknowledge Perry's invitation to talk and he had no intentions of even visiting the border. Doesn't that seem odd to you? At least Obama has now changed his mind. Maybe he read something in the paper about being invited to meet with Perry.

Old 07-08-2014, 08:21 AM

2,836 posts, read 3,497,250 times
Governor Rick Perry should be impeached. He is a WIMP - a weak, incompetent, malingering, *****.

Old 07-08-2014, 08:26 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,039,923 times
He didn't say anything wrong. Funny how you dopes have nothing to say about Obama doing nothing about the border despite being warned about what's g going on there

Old 07-08-2014, 08:27 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,683,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancy-Schmancy View Post
Apparently the good governor thinks there's some kind of federal government conspiracy regarding the situation at the border. He maybe believes it a little too much -- good thing Martha Raddatz is there to talk him down or at least stop him from making a bigger fool of himself.

"PERRY: When I have — when I have written a letter that is dated May of 2012, and I have yet to have a response from this administration, I will tell you they either are inept or don’t care, and that is my position.

We have been bringing to the attention of President Obama and his administration since 2010, he received a letter from me on the tarmac. He sends — I have to believe that when you do not respond in any way, that you are either inept, or you have some ulterior motive of which you are functioning from."

So, chaos at the border, spreading disease and burdening our cities with tens of thousands of illegal immigrants must continue, as long as it makes Perry look bad.

Psssst, the issue is Obama's many failures in dealing with immigration and border security, not Gov. Perry. The Obama admin saw this train wreck of a crisis approaching and did nothing at all to address it.

Old 07-08-2014, 08:28 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendell Phillips View Post
Governor Rick Perry should be impeached. He is a WIMP - a weak, incompetent, malingering, *****.
Lol..impeached for refusing to shake the President's hand.

You libs are something else.

Old 07-08-2014, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
He didn't say anything wrong. Funny how you dopes have nothing to say about Obama doing nothing about the border despite being warned about what's g going on there
It's called deflection, it's all the have, it's their one trick pony for everything Obama.

Old 07-08-2014, 08:29 AM

3,216 posts, read 2,232,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancy-Schmancy View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Oia5UfX8GM
Maybe he is frustrated with a President who refuses to deal with the crisis on the border. Where is that pen and phone when you need them?

Old 07-08-2014, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendell Phillips View Post
The president's job is to address this immigration crisis at our border not to fund raise. Obama is ignoring the problem, refusing to go to the border, and Perry should be impeached, not Obama? Which is worse, a few hundred thousands people illegally crossing our southern border, bringing disease and who knows what into the country, costing the country billions of dollars, or a freaking hand shake?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies