Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2014, 01:04 PM

2,672 posts, read 2,724,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I believe they are telling him to enforce our current laws. I believe the country is getting solidily behind that idea.
Yes they are telling the President to take executive action. I guess that so they can sue or impeach him later. Here is what McMorris-Rodgers said-

"This situation shows the intense concern within our conference -- and among the American people -- about the need to ensure the security of our borders and the president's refusal to faithfully execute our laws," they said. "There are numerous steps the president can and should be taking right now, without the need for congressional action, to secure our borders and ensure these children are returned swiftly and safely to their countries."

Pretty sure whatever the President does Republican will be complaining long and loud...could be the new Benghazi.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2014, 01:05 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,312,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cj0065 View Post
Bahahaha the GOP leadership is an embarrassment. They let Ted Cruz bring them to their knees. Oh and this :

"In a joint statement, GOP leaders said they would continue to work towards a solution and put the onus on President Obama to act on his own.

"There are numerous steps the president can and should be taking right now, without the need for congressional action, to secure our borders and ensure these children are returned swiftly and safely to their countries," read the statement."

So they sued the president for taking action and now they want him to take more executive action. You just can't make this up. Someone throw Boehner's weak a** out. The Tea Party run the house.

House GOP abandons their own border bill
The conservative party at the federal level is post policy. They are no longer interested in governing.

I mean, what they are doing is nothing. conservatives are not interested in enacting a policy agenda that can compromise with the Democrats.

This lack of passing legislation is truly unprecedented in the modern era of American politics and maybe historically unprecedented.

conservatives can't even bother to create public policy to address a problem they were wailing about.

Where is the credibility? How can the media or intelligent people allow conservatives to wail about the border when they have zero solutions, no policy agenda to address the problem.

Then when President Obama has to act because conservatives won't allow the legislative branch to act, they'll yell about a lawless president.

It is all insane. conservatives make no sense.

Old 07-31-2014, 01:05 PM

79,908 posts, read 44,363,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Yes, they want Obama to act alone, so they can accuse him of acting alone. It's quite a circus, and I can tell you it makes no difference if they are there or no, because nothing gets done either way. They are taking 5 weeks off, and I'll bet no one will notice.
They want him to act alone because that is his job. The executive branch is in charge of carrying out our laws. (As written and passed).

Congress can't do this.

Old 07-31-2014, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Is there a bill he needs to sign?
There are laws he needs to enforce.

Old 07-31-2014, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
Yes they are telling the President to take executive action. I guess that so they can sue or impeach him later. Here is what McMorris-Rodgers said-

"This situation shows the intense concern within our conference -- and among the American people -- about the need to ensure the security of our borders and the president's refusal to faithfully execute our laws," they said. "There are numerous steps the president can and should be taking right now, without the need for congressional action, to secure our borders and ensure these children are returned swiftly and safely to their countries."

Pretty sure whatever the President does Republican will be complaining long and loud...could be the new Benghazi.
How did you miss "refusal to faithfully execute our laws"?

Absolutely no one is stopping him from doing that.

Old 07-31-2014, 01:10 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,898,112 times
On the Border Issue, it seems like the Rs have taken their thumbs out of their butts, and are meeting right now to see if they can insert their other thumb...

Old 07-31-2014, 01:11 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,679,211 times
I would think the Dems should be happy over this.
Now Obama can do what he wants.

Old 07-31-2014, 01:12 PM
NCN

21,667 posts, read 25,690,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cj0065 View Post
Bahahaha the GOP leadership is an embarrassment. They let Ted Cruz bring them to their knees. Oh and this :

"In a joint statement, GOP leaders said they would continue to work towards a solution and put the onus on President Obama to act on his own.

"There are numerous steps the president can and should be taking right now, without the need for congressional action, to secure our borders and ensure these children are returned swiftly and safely to their countries," read the statement."

So they sued the president for taking action and now they want him to take more executive action. You just can't make this up. Someone throw Boehner's weak a** out. The Tea Party run the house.

House GOP abandons their own border bill
It was his actions that brought them here. He caused the problem; it is his job to fix it. The law suit is about Obamacare. Let's get our facts straight, please!

Old 07-31-2014, 01:14 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,898,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I am sure the Exec Order has already been written, just waiting for the Kangaroo Congress to wrap up with their current nonsense.

Old 07-31-2014, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Not as long as we have courts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies