Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2014, 11:05 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,017,439 times

Advertisements

It appears they have had it and will take care of bidness. Screamers can scream but that time is over now.

Old 07-20-2014, 11:08 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,717,554 times
Get at it while the getting is good, just like grandpa always said.

Old 07-20-2014, 11:10 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,598,766 times
It's a good time strategically. The world is busy with Russia and Ukraine.

Old 07-20-2014, 11:12 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,356,060 times
I am proud of them.......fight on Jews!!!!

Old 07-20-2014, 01:44 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,946,153 times
I really hope Israel cuts Hamas off at the knees, finally. But, Israel needs to broke a peace deal and recognize Palestine in its 1967 borders. No need for World War III over this

Old 07-20-2014, 02:04 PM

24,421 posts, read 23,080,421 times
The terrorist supporters aren't too happy but I say let Israel do what it needs to do. The Putin defenders are in a fit, too. The Obamaphiles are getting it from all sides.

Old 07-20-2014, 02:11 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Well you are right nothing to be "proud" of. The evil jews are just taking care of bidness they should have years ago.
I didn't say anything about Jews being evil.

I just don't get all the emotional investment by people that have no dog in the hunt. I mean, "proud of Israel." If you're a citizen if Israel or you're a Jew, then I get it.

Otherwise, acting as if they have some ownership in Israeli successes makes no sense to me.

Granted, my attitude about Israeli-Palestinian conflict is that of complete insouciance.

Old 07-20-2014, 02:16 PM

3,617 posts, read 3,886,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I didn't say anything about Jews being evil.

I just don't get all the emotional investment by people that have no dog in the hunt. I mean, "proud of Israel." If you're a citizen if Israel or you're a Jew, then I get it.

Otherwise, acting as if they have some ownership in Israeli successes makes no sense to me.

Granted, my attitude about Israeli-Palestinian conflict is that of complete insouciance.
People identify more with Israel as a western society more similar to our own which has responded to terrorism in a way different to our own response and has been frankly kind of stupid historically -- applying enough force to enrage the Palestinians further but not enough to adequately deter it. It's not so much an ownership of their success as in being happy for them that they've stopped being so ineffective and counter-productive in their response to terrorism and finally are using a sufficient amount of force to actually get things done and establish a deterrent effect rather than just ineffectually inflame the situation.

They are establishing a "quiet for quiet; peace for peace" paradigm which should be the universal Western response to terrorism (and ideally the universal non-Western response as well). The phenomenon will only die out once it stops getting results that can encourage others to try it everywhere across the globe.

Old 07-20-2014, 02:29 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALackOfCreativity View Post
People identify more with Israel as a western society more similar to our own which has responded to terrorism in a way different to our own response and has been frankly kind of stupid historically -- applying enough force to enrage the Palestinians further but not enough to adequately deter it. It's not so much an ownership of their success as in being happy for them that they've stopped being so ineffective and counter-productive in their response to terrorism and finally are using a sufficient amount of force to actually get things done and establish a deterrent effect rather than just ineffectually inflame the situation.

They are establishing a "quiet for quiet; peace for peace" paradigm which should be the universal Western response to terrorism (and ideally the universal non-Western response as well). The phenomenon will only die out once it stops getting results that can encourage others to try it everywhere across the globe.
Deterrence? LOL...ok.

This conflict will never end. At least not in either of our lifetimes.

But that's ok...not my problem. I'm just an observer with a bag of popcorn.

Old 07-20-2014, 02:32 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,500,035 times
Israel needs to convince all Palestinians that to continue allowing Hamas to represent them is the worst case scenario and to do that the violence has to be non-proportional and shocking.

Years (decades) of those terrorist actions perpetrated against Israel that you along with many others seem to believe justified simply means they cannot respond with a little "shove". Israel has no choice but to risk world condemnation because all of the worlds anti-Jewish racist bigots seem immune to reason.

My opinion: Israel needs to ignore the U.N. completely and wage a brutal and scathing non-relenting attack on the Gaza population until they finally say enough; we need peace and we need it whether Hamas, Fatah, Hezbollah or other 'agents provocateur' are prepared to accept it or not.

After all the dust settles and the Palestinian survivors are staggering around starving; guess who will feed and doctor them and it won't be other Arabs or yourself

Last edited by Ibginnie; 07-20-2014 at 05:28 PM.. Reason: deleted quoted post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies