Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2014, 09:25 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,959,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by remoddahouse View Post
Honestly, it's always a problem in the private sector. i work with a lot of well paid people and few of them really have anything backed up. The IT departments in most companies are pretty strapped and not that pro-active.

Perhaps since you guys are whining so much about this you could get some data on how common this is.
Yes, we are "whining" about it.

This is the type of nonsense sock puppets spout to minimize the crimes and corruption of the people they voted for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2014, 11:09 AM

31,292 posts, read 20,756,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
We used to house the backups at a separate location in case of fire that would destroy everything. These folks are just bald faced liars..........everybody knows it. The charade continues though.
Yes, and with impunity. The Reps don't have the balls to do anything about these scandals.

Old 07-16-2014, 11:11 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,017,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Yes, and with impunity. The Reps don't have the balls to do anything about these scandals.
Hell they were probably in on it too. One thing I'm sure of everybody in DC has dirt on everybody else and will pull it if need be. Why they all just shut up and play the I don't know games. It is the mafia in suits.

Old 07-16-2014, 11:18 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,080,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
I also worked in IT and can assure you that email is always backed up... forever. And not on your hard drive.
Apparently that wasn't the policy of the IRS and with so many employees it would be hard if not impossible to hide the truth. I'm reluctant to believe otherwise despite how ridiculous that policy might have been.

What needs to be focused on here is what caused the hard drive to fail and why a forensics lab could not recover any data from it. That screams cover up and I suspect it was corrupted before the technicians got to it, without physical damage to the platter the loss of that much data is nearly impossible.

Old 07-16-2014, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Apparently that wasn't the policy of the IRS and with so many employees it would be hard if not impossible to hide the truth. I'm reluctant to believe otherwise despite how ridiculous that policy might have been.

What needs to be focused on here is what caused the hard drive to fail and why a forensics lab could not recover any data from it. That screams cover up and I suspect it was corrupted before the technicians got to it, without physical damage to the platter the loss of that much data is nearly impossible.
Can't wipe the drive. Simply dumping stuff into the delete tub does not erase it. There are programs that can wipe em though. I guess dumping em into the ocean like bin laden is out of the equation now though. lol. Or oops I had giant magnets sitting on my desk? lol

Old 07-16-2014, 02:27 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,531,102 times
It's fairly typical that once someone leaves their hardware is formatted and recycled.

But there's always the backups which, by law, are supposed to be kept.
Everyone keeps focusing on the individual's hardware (laptop or desktop) when the server and archive tapes is what usually get subpoenaed.

Old 07-16-2014, 02:39 PM

26,512 posts, read 15,092,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
It's fairly typical that once someone leaves their hardware is formatted and recycled.

Everyone keeps focusing on the individual's hardware (laptop or desktop) when the server and archive tapes is what usually get subpoenaed.
So she is forced to resign and she admitted to breaking the law. While an investigation is ongoing into greater crimes she may have committed, it would be common practice to delete evidence during an investigation of someone who was just forced out? I don't believe it.

I imagine a lot of Obamabots are relieved that the data was deleted, but disappointed that the Obama Administration lost a way to corruptly silence political dissent.

Old 07-16-2014, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post

Maybe for the turds but at that high a level it would all be backed up. Why they are nothing but liars. Anybody who has ever worked in IT knows it.

Old 07-16-2014, 02:45 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,716,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remoddahouse View Post
Honestly, it's always a problem in the private sector. i work with a lot of well paid people and few of them really have anything backed up. The IT departments in most companies are pretty strapped and not that pro-active.

Perhaps since you guys are whining so much about this you could get some data on how common this is.
I'm sure I'm not the only one who remember this:

"One member of the White House new-media team came to work on Tuesday, right after the swearing-in ceremony, only to discover that it was impossible to know which programs could be updated, or even which computers could be used for which purposes. The team members, accustomed to working on Macintoshes, found computers outfitted with six-year-old versions of Microsoft software."

Obama Staff Arrives to White House Stuck in Dark Ages of Technology

If this was the state of technology in the WH in Jan. 2009, I have little doubt that it was as bad, if not worse in the rest of the systems.

Old 07-16-2014, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
I'm sure I'm not the only one who remember this:

"One member of the White House new-media team came to work on Tuesday, right after the swearing-in ceremony, only to discover that it was impossible to know which programs could be updated, or even which computers could be used for which purposes. The team members, accustomed to working on Macintoshes, found computers outfitted with six-year-old versions of Microsoft software."

Obama Staff Arrives to White House Stuck in Dark Ages of Technology

If this was the state of technology in the WH in Jan. 2009, I have little doubt that it was as bad, if not worse in the rest of the systems.
So that is your excuse? Six years later it's all Bush's fault? lol

Six year old software? Hell I know many a client who is still running XP even though Microsoft is out. Maybe instead of sending 4 billion to take care of illegals we take care of OUR business? Nah not political enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies