Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2014, 03:20 PM

26,584 posts, read 15,149,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
I'm sure I'm not the only one who remember this:

"One member of the White House new-media team came to work on Tuesday, right after the swearing-in ceremony, only to discover that it was impossible to know which programs could be updated, or even which computers could be used for which purposes. The team members, accustomed to working on Macintoshes, found computers outfitted with six-year-old versions of Microsoft software."

Obama Staff Arrives to White House Stuck in Dark Ages of Technology

If this was the state of technology in the WH in Jan. 2009, I have little doubt that it was as bad, if not worse in the rest of the systems.
Wake up.

Stand by the rule of law and your country's principles.

They recycled April Sands her hard drive while she was under investigation for serious crimes. What legitimate excuse do you have for that? The only reason you can justify that is to protect Obama.

All of the emails the Bush Administration lost were found under that so called archaic system - while Bush was still in office. Now under Obama, EVERYONE under investigation has hard drives crash or get recycled (while under investigation) 'losing' all the email. And you sheep just bah the party line. Unreal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2014, 04:34 PM

27,206 posts, read 15,378,459 times
Obama supporters are turning out to be like the Mom who's kid never does any wrong, no matter how often he actually is wrong........

....because the mother can allow no aspersion cast on her child or even accept the truth for herself.

THrough the course of our lives all have known one of these.
Now we all know millions of the in Obama's babies.

Old 07-16-2014, 06:23 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,135,271 times
Quote:
I'm sure I'm not the only one who remember this:

"One member of the White House new-media team came to work on Tuesday, right after the swearing-in ceremony, only to discover that it was impossible to know which programs could be updated, or even which computers could be used for which purposes. The team members, accustomed to working on Macintoshes, found computers outfitted with six-year-old versions of Microsoft software."

Obama Staff Arrives to White House Stuck in Dark Ages of Technology

If this was the state of technology in the WH in Jan. 2009, I have little doubt that it was as bad, if not worse in the rest of the systems.
They would be referring to Windows XP, XP was around that long becsue it was that good. They just recently ended support for it and if not for that many companies would still be running it. Undoubtedly it's still being used on isolated machines to run software designed for XP. Vista would have been released only a few month prior to that and no major organization jumps right in and upgrades new software just on the market. It's very expensive, you have to buy the software and need to be able to support it. With Obama coming it would have been giant waste of time and money implementing it and having people learn to use it for such a short time.

Thank you for pointing out an excellent decision the IT department made. Least they didn't go around ripping the H's off keyboards.

Last edited by thecoalman; 07-16-2014 at 06:35 PM..

Old 07-16-2014, 06:30 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,048,028 times
I guess the keys to getting away with corruption today are:

1. Being a liberal helps

2. Destroy your hard drive

3. Count on the media and liberal drones to protect you

Old 07-16-2014, 09:58 PM

20,363 posts, read 19,975,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Obama supporters are turning out to be like the Mom who's kid never does any wrong, no matter how often he actually is wrong........

....because the mother can allow no aspersion cast on her child or even accept the truth for herself.

Yep, he's every progressive's snowflake.

Old 07-17-2014, 04:20 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,238,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post

Absolutely correct .
Many kids with parents like that end up in trouble .

Old 07-17-2014, 06:57 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,740,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Wake up.

Stand by the rule of law and your country's principles.

They recycled April Sands her hard drive while she was under investigation for serious crimes. What legitimate excuse do you have for that? The only reason you can justify that is to protect Obama.

All of the emails the Bush Administration lost were found under that so called archaic system - while Bush was still in office. Now under Obama, EVERYONE under investigation has hard drives crash or get recycled (while under investigation) 'losing' all the email. And you sheep just bah the party line. Unreal.
First, I am not defending the administration. Any company, organization, whatever that stores critical information on a hard drive without redundant back-up systems has absolutely no excuse when things are lost.
The point, and you can easily research this, is that the Feds have long relied on antiquated systems and many attempts to upgrade, streamline, etc, have proven to be expensive failures.

Y'all can ascribe all the conspiracy theories you want to these events. I'm willing to bet that millions of emails have been lost exactly the same way due to similar systemic practices.
Unless/until anyone can prove otherwise, well...

Old 07-17-2014, 07:49 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,695,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remoddahouse View Post
Honestly, it's always a problem in the private sector. i work with a lot of well paid people and few of them really have anything backed up. The IT departments in most companies are pretty strapped and not that pro-active.

Perhaps since you guys are whining so much about this you could get some data on how common this is.
I wish people would make up their minds!!

Is the federal government this group of mature, reliable, dependable, subject matter experts, with the highest integrity and professionalism, who we can trust to make all the critical decisions in our lives for us, including everything from the food we eat, the medical care we get, the cars we drive and dictate the way we live our lives.

Or is the is the federal government this group of immature, unreliable, incompetent, politically partisan imbeciles, who are so dysfunctional that they cannot event get a billion dollar web site to function after four years of trying???

With the liberals, the government bureaucrats are either these supermen, who have the answers to everything, or we cannot hold them accountable because they are really no better then the IT department at a low rent tattoo parlor.

Old 07-17-2014, 08:03 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,135,271 times
Quote:
The point, and you can easily research this, is that the Feds have long relied on antiquated systems and many attempts to upgrade, streamline, etc, have proven to be expensive failures.
Thy were already making backups. A simple modification of their process where they would only purge moved email from the server after making a backup and keep that tape instead of recycling it they could have easily and cheaply accomplished the goal of having permanent records.

That would not have been ideal but it would have better than nothing.

Old 07-17-2014, 08:09 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,041,926 times
Quote:
First, I am not defending the administration. Any company, organization, whatever that stores critical information on a hard drive without redundant back-up systems has absolutely no excuse when things are lost.

Y'all can ascribe all the conspiracy theories you want to these events. I'm willing to bet that millions of emails have been lost exactly the same way due to similar systemic practices.
Unless/until anyone can prove otherwise, well...
Are you kidding me? Call your local NSA office who tracks everything we do and get back to me. Until then just stop making excuses. Hey a hard drive crashes here and there yet the data can be recovered. Not in this case. Hell what is it now seven hard drives just happened to eat it at the same time an investigation was going on and there were no backups? Are you kidding me? This isn't some clown workin in a cube at the IRS either it is the head of the IRS. Do you actually think this is even believable? Well they are selling it and the sheep baaaaaaaaaaa. So it goes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies