Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2014, 07:46 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,237,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
If you shot someone in the back fleeing a burglary it's a good chance you will be charged
I think it depends upon the circumstances. Getting a world class beat down etc. It would be perfectly reasonable to assume they would come back. I wonder if he had his rights read to him before making the statements?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2014, 07:57 PM

2,672 posts, read 2,720,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I think it depends upon the circumstances. Getting a world class beat down etc. It would be perfectly reasonable to assume they would come back. I wonder if he had his rights read to him before making the statements?
The statements about shooting her in the back twice were made to the press. The police havent said whether she was shot in the back twice. They have said that at least one shot was fired in the house. She could have been hit once and then fallen and then he walked up and fired another shot or even two shots. We now know he dragged her body from the alley back to his property...seems like he was trying to make it look like self defense.

Old 07-25-2014, 08:08 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,748,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
The statements about shooting her in the back twice were made to the press. The police havent said whether she was shot in the back twice. They have said that at least one shot was fired in the house. She could have been hit once and then fallen and then he walked up and fired another shot or even two shots. We now know he dragged her body from the alley back to his property...seems like he was trying to make it look like self defense.
What evidence do you have that really happened?

Old 07-25-2014, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
Seems like after she beat him after breaking into his home that she got exactly what she deserved. Seems to me that they tried but failed to kill him. 80 years old and beating him like that. Yes I would say they were trying to kill him. Slowly and painfully. maybe cause him to have a heart attack.

Old 07-25-2014, 08:18 PM

16,912 posts, read 10,607,257 times
I will have more of a basis to judge once we get the autopsy to see if she was shot in the back and, to a lesser extent, is she was pregnant. As of right now, I would give the 80 year old victim the benefit of the doubt over the home-invading thugs. They may have been running at the moment, but they already beat him up and could have easily re-grouped and come back to finish the job.

Old 07-25-2014, 08:23 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,397,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
What evidence do you have that really happened?
Its been in the news reports. Shrug. This isn't a court of law you know

Old 07-25-2014, 08:23 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,748,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
I will have more of a basis to judge once we get the autopsy to see if she was shot in the back and, to a lesser extent, is she was pregnant. As of right now, I would give the 80 year old victim the benefit of the doubt over the home-invading thugs. They may have been running at the moment, but they already beat him up and could have easily re-grouped and come back to finish the job.
Place I want to know why a pregnant women was out doing this kind of thing...I mean you have a child inside of you...

Old 07-25-2014, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Place I want to know why a pregnant women was out doing this kind of thing...I mean you have a child inside of you...
The answer is because she was a thug who didn't care about anyone or anything including her fictitious child. The world will be a better place without her.

Old 07-25-2014, 09:18 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,907,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
People keep saying he was no longer under threat from them. But - that was their 3rd time doing this to him. 3rd! I'd say he definitely was under threat. He didn't want a 4th. If they got away with it 2 times with no repercussions, and had attacked him on the 3rd, you damn well bet he was still under threat!

That isn't how self defense law works in this country. We aren't permitted to kill someone whose running away from us because they might come back.....

Old 07-25-2014, 09:25 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,907,734 times
Quote:
So you are ok with a man being punished for defending his life?
He wasn't defending his life..... He shot at two people who were running away from him, outside of his property, one of which was pleading for their life.... They posed no legitimate threat at that point, and so he had no right to fire.

Don't get me wrong, I have zero sympathy for people who choose home invasion as their occupation, and she probably got what she deserved, but there is a mighty fine line between defending yourself, and delivering vigilanty justice. This guy crossed that line, by his own admission, and deserves whatever consequences are visited upon him as a result.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies