Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2014, 11:05 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,858,743 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
A man should never never never hit a lady. When a woman or group of women, pick up weapons to attack you, they lose their status as a lady...
well said. at that point they just become another armed thug.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2014, 12:16 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,331,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeendonuts View Post
Well, the wife of Ray Rice apologized for upsetting him enough to let it escalate to the point that it did

I guess women shouldn't provoke men into beating them. Women shouldn't push the mans buttons or put their hands on him, thinking they can get away with it simply because they are female.

If you know he has an anger problem, don't make him angry and then proceed to taunt him verbally or physically.

And if you're for equality, then expect to get your butt handed to you if you put your hands on him.

In today's politically correct society, it's deemed irrelevant. We dare not make any group or individual feel responsible for their wrong doings. We wouldn't want to make them feel bad, now would we?
Oh, I see. You're from the "Look what you made me do!" school of domestic violence.

Old 07-26-2014, 12:20 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,107,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFresh View Post
Is there anything egregious a woman can do, that would make hitting her understandable?
If she disobeys her husband.

Old 07-26-2014, 12:20 AM

12,287 posts, read 9,827,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Oh, I see. You're from the "Look what you made me do!" school of domestic violence.
I think you can support both the "you shouldn't provoke people" and the "it is not ok to hit women" arguments at the same time.

Pretending every situations falls into black and white categories is naive.

Old 07-26-2014, 12:31 AM

6,657 posts, read 7,759,437 times
There are all kinds of forms of domestic violence. Yes men are more physical but, (i do love you gals ok) No one can beat our sisters and gals in the mental or emotional abuse catagory.

Old 07-26-2014, 06:06 AM

877 posts, read 1,317,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Mmmm, nope. I'm a girl and I don't believe in anyone putting their hands on anyone. But if you know someone has an anger problem, why taunt them? And why do some girls insist on hitting men, somehow forgetting about how much they desire equality?

A guy would knock another guy out for putting his hands on him, so why should he react differently with a woman? Women want equality, so they'll get it

Old 07-26-2014, 07:06 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,877,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeendonuts View Post
Mmmm, nope. I'm a girl and I don't believe in anyone putting their hands on anyone. But if you know someone has an anger problem, why taunt them? And why do some girls insist on hitting men, somehow forgetting about how much they desire equality?

A guy would knock another guy out for putting his hands on him, so why should he react differently with a woman? Women want equality, so they'll get it
This has nothing to do with "equality" because women will never be "equal" to men in brute strength. You are merely giving men permission to beat up on women for any behavior that they might perceive as "taunting." Which for some men might be as simple as disagreeing with them or threatening their authority or not having dinner on the table quickly enough.

I sincerely hope you never have any daughters. You will teach them to take a beating as their just due for doing anything that might "anger their man."

The correct answer is that it is never okay for a man to hit a woman. I raised both my son and my daughter to know this. The only exception is if there is a real threat to life.

Period.

Old 07-26-2014, 07:13 AM

27,658 posts, read 16,147,064 times
If you feel the need to hit a woman get a mile away and avoid like the plague. If they hit you you cannot hit back. If they hit you with a bottle you cannot do anything. Get away from them and avoid like the plague.

Old 07-26-2014, 07:15 AM

15,640 posts, read 10,398,506 times
I guess some morons think women are responsible for provoking their beating. Stephen Smith, ESPN host:

'Let's make sure we don’t do anything to provoke wrong actions,' he says, presumably to his female viewers'...I think that just talking about what guys shouldn’t do, we got to also make sure that you can do your part to do whatever you can do to make, to try to make sure it doesn’t happen.'

Read more: ESPN host subject of withering Twitter backlash from colleague after suggesting women try not to 'provoke' men into beating them | Mail Online

Stephen A Smith is an Idiot.

Old 07-26-2014, 07:16 AM

877 posts, read 1,317,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
This has nothing to do with "equality" because women will never be "equal" to men in brute strength. You are merely giving men permission to beat up on women for any behavior that they might perceive as "taunting." Which for some men might be as simple as disagreeing with them or threatening their authority or not having dinner on the table quickly enough.

I sincerely hope you never have any daughters. You will teach them to take a beating as their just due for doing anything that might "anger their man."

The correct answer is that it is never okay for a man to hit a woman. I raised both my son and my daughter to know this. The only exception is if there is a real threat to life.

Period.
If women want to be equals, then they shall be treated as such

Some women are stronger than men, and many men are weaker than women. But to think that it isn't a natural instinct to hit back is ridiculous.

If a woman starts beating on her bf, he is supposed to stand there and take it because she's just this innocent little creature who happens to be in a rage? LOL and if he hits back he's in the wrong? Okay lmao

Jacked up feminism logic

Apparently. Some folks need to preach to many women that they shouldn't put their hands on their husbands and boyfriends, only to act dumbfounded when he hits back or defends himself

And it's a woman's prerogative to remain in a relationship where she gets beat.

As I've said in the previous post, I'm a girl and I've witnessed domestic abuse.

But in this case in addressing how some women want to act like men, but can't handle the consequences.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies