Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2014, 09:12 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,638,146 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I applaud you and the other men who're so confident that a woman you don't know can't do some real damage. Hitting a woman is at the bottom of my choices, but the old rule, Never hit a woman, no longer holds.

btw, the average weight of women these days is 165 pounds; of men, 190.
Mmm...we seem to have diverged into the game changers I believe I did mention. Though I only listed a couple. Some strange woman on the street attacking me is one of them as well. I rather thought we were talking about domestic situations. Not muggings.

The second woman I had a physical confrontation with was not one I really wanted to go into, it it sort of fits your description. That "woman" was over 200#s.. This was some time back, I believe I was in my late 30s. This person groped up my girl, told me she thought shed just take her home, and dared me to do something about it. I still didn't hit her. She tried to bull into me and run me over, and I just clothes lined her coming in. Game over. No blows thrown, and my girl and I left. Right now. Still, it might have had to go another way. Its not like I would have just let this female buffalo beat on me, especially since she was begging for confrontation.

I understand your premise. I'm hardly ignorant as to what kind of world we live in. But as to domestic situations, which I thought was the real topic here, my position holds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2014, 09:46 AM

2,234 posts, read 1,759,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Mmm...we seem to have diverged into the game changers I believe I did mention. Though I only listed a couple. Some strange woman on the street attacking me is one of them as well. I rather thought we were talking about domestic situations. Not muggings.

The second woman I had a physical confrontation with was not one I really wanted to go into, it it sort of fits your description. That "woman" was over 200#s.. This was some time back, I believe I was in my late 30s. This person groped up my girl, told me she thought shed just take her home, and dared me to do something about it. I still didn't hit her. She tried to bull into me and run me over, and I just clothes lined her coming in. Game over. No blows thrown, and my girl and I left. Right now. Still, it might have had to go another way. Its not like I would have just let this female buffalo beat on me, especially since she was begging for confrontation.

I understand your premise. I'm hardly ignorant as to what kind of world we live in. But as to domestic situations, which I thought was the real topic here, my position holds.
I bet if a study was done, we'd see that men are victims of domestic violence more so than women. I've had black eyes and busted noise via one of my ex's. A male co-worker of mine came to work a couple of months ago with a black eye from his woman. The difference is that men have been brain washed and are complele idiots. When men do it, we get arrested and a huge deal is made out of it even when we are defending ourselves, but when women hit us, no one cares. It's not a big deal.

Next, what does it matter if it's a domestic situation or not? So you're saying men should continue to allow women to beat on them in domestic situations?

Old 08-01-2014, 01:14 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,827,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoniDanko View Post
I bet if a study was done, we'd see that men are victims of domestic violence more so than women. I've had black eyes and busted noise via one of my ex's. A male co-worker of mine came to work a couple of months ago with a black eye from his woman. The difference is that men have been brain washed and are complele idiots. When men do it, we get arrested and a huge deal is made out of it even when we are defending ourselves, but when women hit us, no one cares. It's not a big deal.

Next, what does it matter if it's a domestic situation or not? So you're saying men should continue to allow women to beat on them in domestic situations?
The system in place is designed to favor one side over the other and is often exploited by women.

Your options as a man is to just take it or wade into a justice process that is predisposed to believe what the woman says over the man.

Old 08-01-2014, 01:21 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,995,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
The system in place is designed to favor one side over the other and is often exploited by women.

Your options as a man is to just take it or wade into a justice process that is predisposed to believe what the woman says over the man.

It is a problem. There are a lot of good men out there who get taken to the cleaners from a vindictive ex-wife. Gotta love double standards.

Old 08-01-2014, 09:58 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,542,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akama13 View Post
You do realize that people with an anger problem don't need to be objectively taunted in order to explode, right? Hence the anger problem since most people get angry when they're obviously taunted.

It is impossible to not make someone with an anger problem angry over trivial matters.

Old 08-01-2014, 10:40 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,097,684 times
Of course there can be another side to domestic violence. Pretty much everything that involves multiple parties is going to have a least two sides.

If a woman attacks a man, the man should be able to defend himself. Period.

If it's just a slap, and the man proceeds to beat her senseless. Well... that's not really self defense anymore. And I don't say that because it's an attack against a woman. If a man punches another man, and the other man shatters the other guys bones, it's excessive. Self defense should really be just that. Self defense. No need to use any more force than is necessary.

And I do want to make clear here that a man can hit a woman if it's in defense. I don't care if it's a woman. That is logically part of the feminist movement. Rather or not feminists like to admit it, women have had some privileges. Albeit, they weren't nearly as flashy as the privileges men have, but the violence thing is one of them. Hitting a smaller, less masculine man isn't a big deal, but hitting even a athletically fit woman would be disgusting. And it is; but I don't find either more awful than the other. Violence is generally bad, and should only be used is absolutely necessary.

To sum this up: ideally, you just don't hit anyone regardless of the sex.

Old 08-01-2014, 10:47 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,654,874 times
You people are funny. Yes, there is another side to domestic violence against women. Sometimes there is not a punch exchanged. The husband shoots his wife and/or children to death, and then commits suicide. Occasionally there may be a female perpetrator, but by far the greatest number of murder/suicides in families are perpetrated by men.

If you are being beaten, whether you are male or female, your best bet is to get out of the situation as fast as possible, not to engage in a physical fight.

Old 08-02-2014, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
You people are funny. Yes, there is another side to domestic violence against women. Sometimes there is not a punch exchanged. The husband shoots his wife and/or children to death, and then commits suicide. Occasionally there may be a female perpetrator, but by far the greatest number of murder/suicides in families are perpetrated by men.

If you are being beaten, whether you are male or female, your best bet is to get out of the situation as fast as possible, not to engage in a physical fight.
And women by far shoot, kill, stab, and drown there children by far the greatest number than men. That is also another side of domestic violence. Another side is that domestic violence against men goes unreported in most cases.

Old 08-02-2014, 02:00 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,377,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFresh View Post
Is there anything egregious a woman can do, that would make hitting her understandable?

Can we look at what happened before the attack? or is that irrelevant?

Please share with me.
No.

Physical aggression is an agent of force and the imposing of will from one person onto another. Force is immoral.

Old 08-02-2014, 02:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
No.

Physical aggression is an agent of force and the imposing of will from one person onto another. Force is immoral.
The Bible disagrees with you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies