Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2014, 10:49 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,977,520 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoniDanko View Post
. Both parties should keep their hands to themselves.
They should, but people should look for methods of restraining themselves in violent situations, not simply use it as an excuse to act equally violent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2014, 10:51 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,736,448 times
Quote:
What's amazing is that women are not child like or have the mental capacity of a child. They are no different than men mentally. If men and women are of equal intelligence and maturity, then why is it we expect men to show restraint when it comes to assault, but do not expect the same from women?

If women do not want to be hit, then women should keep their hands to themselves. Both parties should keep their hands to themselves.

I don't care if you're a man or a woman.. Purposely hitting and attacking someone who you "expect" will not hit you back makes you a coward in my book.
Are you speaking from experience? You've been hit by a woman and had to protect yourself because you were being overpowered?

Old 07-26-2014, 10:53 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,736,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
It makes them feel like a "real man (sar)". They know that is something they will never truly be.
Maybe they feel helpless against the world and look for the easiest ways to feel powerful.

Old 07-26-2014, 10:55 PM

2,234 posts, read 1,759,923 times
Quote:
They should, but people should look for methods of restraining themselves in violent situations, not simply use it as an excuse to act equally violent.
I agree. That's not the issue here. My issue is with how many excuse violence when it's a woman attacking a man, but get upset when a man attacks back.

Old 07-26-2014, 10:57 PM

Quote:
It makes them feel like a "real man (sar)". They know that is something they will never truly be.
I guess in 2014 it makes American women feel like a "real man (sar)" to attack and assult men, except for the fact that they are really emotionally undeveloped cowards who think they are real women.

Old 07-26-2014, 10:59 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,977,520 times
Quote:
I guess in 2014 it makes American women feel like a "real man (sar)" to attack and assult men, except for the fact that they are really emotionally undeveloped cowards who think they are real women.
I could understand how you provoke violence, but I've never had that problem.

Old 07-26-2014, 11:02 PM

Quote:
I could understand how you provoke violence, but I've never had that problem.
I think your problem is that you do not understand because if you did, you'd understand that "provoking violence" is when someone attacks and assaults another human being unprovoked... Provoking violence is when a man or woman initiates a physical altercation, and being a sexist hypocrite is when you think it's okay when a woman does it and wrong when a man responds.

Last edited by DoniDanko; 07-26-2014 at 11:20 PM..

Old 07-27-2014, 05:02 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,511,514 times
Quote:
I'm seeing several posters who appear to be looking for an excuse to hit women.
I'm seeing many more posters who give females free license to hit men with no worries about being hit back.

Old 07-27-2014, 05:28 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,680,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeendonuts View Post
Mmmm, nope. I'm a girl and I don't believe in anyone putting their hands on anyone. But if you know someone has an anger problem, why taunt them?
Pardon my French but that is bullsh*t. I was a victim of domestic violence and I never taunted my ex-husband. He would push me for no reason, call me names, throw things at me for no reason. This whole "she made me do it" mentality is nothing but a cop out. Or maybe you probably think women like me deserve a "good beating" when we confront our spouses about going out to dinner with another woman behind our backs? Should I have just kept my mouth shut then and be a good wife? LOL He got "upset" and put his hands around my neck while I was driving. Poor guy! He was just "brokenhearted" that I caught him having an affair. Of course the choking was justified! I should have not said anything. He felt like I was taunting him! He had all the right in the world to see other women behind my back while I was at work making money and he didn't have a job. Should I call him to apologize for bringing the beating up on myself? Send him a gift? What do you suggest?

Abusers can absolutely control their actions. How about some personal responsibility here? He didn't get mad at other men when they pissed him off. He never beat anyone up but me. So many violent men are thought to be wonderful people to those who know them. "What? He killed her? There is now way. He was such a loving, caring husband!". How many times have you heard that in the news when a wife ends up dead and the husband gets arrested?

The abuser has a lot of self-control; more than people like you give them credit for. They can put on a facade and fool everyone around them. Beating your spouse up is about controlling them, intimidating them to the point where they no longer speak up and just feel like they are worthless. Because when you feel worthless, you are easily manipulated.

Do you go around beating up everyone who taunts you? Most people don't and they never would. Maybe the thought have crossed their minds but they know that is wrong. The abusers know this..but the difference here is that they don't care. They feel entitled to it.

I feel sorry for people who think differently. But it's okay...They just don't know better.

Old 07-27-2014, 05:34 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,680,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Some victims believe they deserve to be abused. That does not excuse the violence.
Yes....One night after he threw a glass at me, (It missed me but it hit the wall behind me and left a hole on the wall) I went and baked blueberry muffins (his favorite) to try and "win" him over because I thought that I had upset him by changing the TV channel.

Looking back you know how effed up that behavior was? It's like you are in a different world and you can no longer see things clearly. Almost like you're brainwashed! The abuse becomes your life and you get used to it. It is sad but it is the truth. I knew it was wrong for him to do the things he did to me but somehow I thought it was my fault.

It has been five years since all of that happened and I left him and I know better now. Once I got away from him I was able to see things clearly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies