Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2014, 10:26 PM

2,234 posts, read 1,759,923 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
No, I was politely saying that your statement screams misogynist out loud and in neon.
So me saying that if a woman hits a man, she deserves to be hit back means I hate women? So If you think that it's okay for women to assault men, I guess you believe all men are the devil?

Now I'm politely saying that you're logic screams mentally challenged man hater..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2014, 10:30 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,736,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoniDanko View Post
So me saying that if a woman hits a man, she deserves to be hit back means I hate women? So If you think that it's okay for women to assault men, I guess you believe all men are the devil?

Now I'm politely saying that you're logic screams mentally challenged man hater..
I'm saying that it's a bully, misogynist statement, and the fact that you're calling me a "man hater" proves my point.

Old 07-26-2014, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
This is the example I always use in this context as well. Assaulting someone who is physically superior to you is simply unwise (well, assaulting anyone is unwise, but assaulting someone bigger than you is especially so). You don't know what their response will be. If they are capable of hurting you, it's probably not very smart of you to assault them. I certainly wouldn't punch a bear. If I did, I'd be an idiot.
That is exactly my point. No one should be hitting anyone. The right thing to do would be to walk away if at all possible, and the right thing for women to do is to keep their hands and feet to themselves. Just don't feed me the B.S. about how it should be acceptable for a smaller person of any sex to hit someone who is bigger than they are and then cry and want to play the victim if they get a taste of their own medicine. You don't like getting hit by a man that is bigger than you, then don't hit a man that's bigger than you. It's really that simple...

Old 07-26-2014, 10:32 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,977,520 times
Quote:
I'm saying that it's a bully, misogynist statement, and the fact that you're calling me a "man hater" proves my point.
I'm seeing several posters who appear to be looking for an excuse to hit women.

Old 07-26-2014, 10:34 PM

Quote:
It's a logical statement that you do not want to accept because you hate men. There's nothing sexist or misogynist about anything I've said. If you feel that it;s okay for women to hit a man and men should not be able to defend themselves, then that in it's self proves my point that you are in fact a "man hater."

Old 07-26-2014, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
I'm seeing several post that are excusing violence against men. No one is looking for an excuse to hit women. Women who hit ANYONE are looking for a reason to be hit. Whose fault is that? Both men AND women should keep their hands to themselves. Women should not be excused or exempt for this.

Old 07-26-2014, 10:38 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,736,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
Yup! It's amazing how all of a sudden they "come out" isn't it?

Old 07-26-2014, 10:43 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,460,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFresh View Post
Is there anything egregious a woman can do, that would make hitting her understandable?

Can we look at what happened before the attack? or is that irrelevant?

Please share with me.

Nothing, and justifying it should never enter your mind.

Period.

Old 07-26-2014, 10:44 PM

Quote:
What's amazing is that women are not child like or have the mental capacity of a child. They are no different than men mentally. If men and women are of equal intelligence and maturity, then why is it we expect men to show restraint when it comes to assault, but do not expect the same from women?

If women do not want to be hit, then women should keep their hands to themselves. Both parties should keep their hands to themselves.

I don't care if you're a man or a woman.. Purposely hitting and attacking someone who you "expect" will not hit you back makes you a coward in my book.

Old 07-26-2014, 10:46 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,977,520 times
Quote:

It makes them feel like a "real man (sar)". They know that is something they will never truly be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies