Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2014, 03:10 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,481,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
There are many things government does with your tax payer money.
I would suggest this..
If its about murder and killing we can find many things Government does to protect you, and or just because.
When we see greed, and or other reasons that people kill each other we find Government is not your moral compass.
Government is welding its power everyday and I find when you ask it protect the innocent and the freedom these days your asking alot.
Government is offering services it was never meant to do, yet it does.. from welfare to warfare and some of it has nothing to do with your liberties at home yet for some reason tax payer money is the problem.

Would you be happier if babies died without tax payer money or the death seems to be any different if tax payer money does it.

the root of the problem is the action not the funding.
I agree that the problem is the action. It is an easily preventable action.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2014, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
Regardless of your morale stance on abortions, a secular society would find abortions highly beneficial and a great return-on-investment in reducing unwanted kids and thus crime, poverty, etc

The only thing more heinous than an abortion, is a mom with a kid they don't want.
Yes. That Mom should have her tubes tied if she hates children. Thank God for Mothers who love their children.

Old 07-30-2014, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRhockeyfan View Post
The same people who want abortion banned are the ones crying when someone wants to teach teens proper birth control, or make insurance cover contraception.
Most teen know already. I knew at thirteen that I could impregnate a female. I knew how to use a condom. You don't have to go to college for that. I also knew the consequences for myself, the female, her parents, and my own parents. I wasn't about to get a female pregnant. I had common thirteen year old sense.

I believe any employer having sexual intercourse with an employee should pay for said employee's contraceptives. The taxpayers aren't screwing anyone. It is they who are getting screwed.

Old 07-30-2014, 03:19 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,321,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_human_being View Post
Yes. You are paying for these thousands of murders with your tax dollars. You are complicit in the most heinous, most barbaric, and most evil act imaginable.

Study: Thousands of Taxpayer-Funded Abortions Part of Obamacare | Daily News | NCRegister.com
Where I live, it's no secret that abortions are funded with tax money. It's part and parcel of our socialized medicine.
I have absolutely no problem with it.

Old 07-30-2014, 04:28 PM

4,738 posts, read 4,433,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Go ahead and kill your baby, just don't demand I pay for it.

it is in the best interest of our society to do the following

- prevent all births from people not prepared/income to have kids
- prevent all births from people not wanting kids

It is part of the genetic imperative and will not be ignored
- we will have sex, even if its not in our best interest

therefore
- you will pay for unwanted kids before birth (abortion and contraceptives) or after birth (crime, poverty, etc)
- the payoff, better bang for the buck, is to pay on the front than to wait. . .

i mean everyone knows that the reason we have this huge crime rate drop from the 90s is Roe Versus Wade. Thats enough evidence for me to open up the checkbook.

Old 07-30-2014, 04:30 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,665,061 times
Quote:
Yes. You are paying for these thousands of murders with your tax dollars. You are complicit in the most heinous, most barbaric, and most evil act imaginable.

Study: Thousands of Taxpayer-Funded Abortions Part of Obamacare | Daily News | NCRegister.com
Yeah, whatever.

If you don't like it where you live, then work to change the laws. I will do the same to make sure that abortion remains legal and safe.

Old 07-30-2014, 04:31 PM

4,738 posts, read 4,433,724 times
Quote:
Yes. That Mom should have her tubes tied if she hates children. Thank God for Mothers who love their children.
should is irrelevant

people will have sex

it is to late to tie your tubes After you have sex

though I would argue free surgery to tie tubes, vasectomies, and birth control is truly the only real way to reduce abortion

and then next free morning after pills

that is how you reduce abortion.. .but free abortion are important as well, as the outcome of having a kid that isn't wanted or not afforded is too high an impact on society.

Old 07-30-2014, 08:48 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,042,433 times
Quote:
I'll go along with that. Most insurers will gladly pay to have a woman or a man's tubes tied.
The problem is, doctors won't sterilize young people without children.

You are going to have to pass a law that requires doctors sterilize any adult on demand........better get busy.

Old 07-30-2014, 09:19 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,729,004 times
Quote:

its cheaper in the long run to abort than pop and drop

Old 07-30-2014, 09:52 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,257,063 times
Quote:
Raising and funding the military is and has always been part of the Constitution. We all have that obligation. Funding abortion is not nor has ever been part of the Constitution. Why is it the taxpayers' responsibility to always be saddled with an entirely preventable action because of someone's lack of personal responsibility? Pregnancy is neither a disease nor an injury. It is totally and easily preventable. Many millions of men and women go from puberty to the grave without having produced children and then having aborted them.
War is preventable as well and the Iraq War sure as hell was avoidable-- Like we started it. We invaded and attacked, and reasons and excuses were invented. How is this supported in the constitution? It is actually unconstitutional. The presidents want the wars and congress always caves because no senator or representative wants to be accused of not being supportive of the president, or the cause we don't go to war and then get blamed for being weak.

Say what you will about Obama--he publicly spoke out against the Iraq War at a time it was not popular or politically advisable to do that. He took a risk but he was friggin right. There are actual reasons he was elected.

The constitution does not say we have the obligation to fund stupid wars. They cost a fortune and the only wars that were worth it were the Revolutionary War, Civil War, WWII, Desert Storm, Bosnia, Afghanistan. Many of the other were vanity and ego.

We don't have to fund abortion, but in the end it is the more pragmatic answer to unwanted and accidental pregnancies of poor women, single women, rape victims, etc. When abortion was illegal, women got them anyhow--mostly women with money. It was such a back-alley contamination environment that many women got infections or died. There is nothing wrong with early term abortion and if you push your anti-abortion view further, then some contraceptives are abortion and should not be used either. And contraception should definitely be covered by insurance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies