Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2014, 10:55 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,658,864 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Kudos to you for having common sense, but your party adamantly disagrees with you. They are no more going to support legalization of suppressors than a Saudi cleric is going to approve of Valentine's day.

Valentine’s Day is banned by the religious police in Saudi Arabia
Nobody is coming out in support of suppressors being classified as NFA and needing a tax stamp. Liberal or otherwise. Wasn't that the specific question of the thread? I don't think an average gun controller would know anything about a silencer. What the heck does that have to do with Valentine's Day in Saudi Arabia?

Old 08-04-2014, 11:03 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,739,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Nobody is coming out in support of suppressors being classified as NFA and needing a tax stamp. Liberal or otherwise. Wasn't that the specific question of the thread? I don't think an average gun controller would know anything about a silencer. What the heck does that have to do with Valentine's Day in Saudi Arabia?
So you are telling me of someone in the senate or house tried to take them off, no one on a certain side would make up lies and fallacies?

Trust me the average gun controller are self professed experts in everything which is funny because they know less then nothing.

Valentine`s Day is banned in Saudi Arabia.

Old 08-04-2014, 11:06 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,658,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
So you are telling me of someone in the senate or house tried to take them off, no one on a certain side would make up lies and fallacies?

Trust me the average gun controller are self professed experts in everything which is funny because they know less then nothing.

Valentine`s Day is banned in Saudi Arabia.
So is Oral sex and being a Shiite.

Old 08-04-2014, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
So is Oral sex and being a Shiite.
Yeah good luck with they first.

Old 08-05-2014, 06:49 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,931,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
If you can harvest waterfowl with a bow, you really have done something.
A mallard duck was the first animal I bagged using a bow, not really as hard you seem to think.

Old 08-05-2014, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Kudos to you for having common sense, but your party adamantly disagrees with you. They are no more going to support legalization of suppressors than a Saudi cleric is going to approve of Valentine's day.

Valentine’s Day is banned by the religious police in Saudi Arabia
What Party would that be?

Old 08-05-2014, 12:21 PM

4,761 posts, read 7,832,266 times
I really don't see the need for suppressors to be NFA items. Of course the people most ignorant of firearms and suppressors would trot out the images of "Hollywood quiet" guns and try to claim that we would have a major increase in pepole wanting to become hitmen. It would be hard to fight that imagery when the majority of people in this country have never actually heard one other than in a movie with the "pfft" sound.

Old 08-05-2014, 12:36 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,818,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spankys bbq View Post
I really don't see the need for suppressors to be NFA items. Of course the people most ignorant of firearms and suppressors would trot out the images of "Hollywood quiet" guns and try to claim that we would have a major increase in pepole wanting to become hitmen. It would be hard to fight that imagery when the majority of people in this country have never actually heard one other than in a movie with the "pfft" sound.
Exactly, they have already passed laws against fictional guns found in movies.

Old 08-05-2014, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Jeeez, I wish they did go pfft, I was very disappointed when I heard my first round fired through a suppressor, I was thinking that did not reduce the noise that much and I still want to keep my ear muffs on. It helps with the noise travelling as far and as loud but right next to it the sound was still plenty loud. I am sure some are better than others and in some places in Europe they are required to reduce the noise pollution but for me I do not ever see the need for one, but I also do not see why they are even regulated.

Old 08-05-2014, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Anyone who uses "Hollywood" as a reason for any kind of law by default has already lost...

We have YouTube as way to inform people about suppressor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies