Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2014, 05:54 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,740,227 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Yep, guns more than ever have become socially acceptable. It is even seen in non action tv shows, where scenes are based at the gun range, this was never seen in non action shows in the 90's. It is acceptable to get a ccw permit and carry a gun to protect yourself. Women are also a very quickly growing segment of gun owners, though they are still dwarfed by men.

If you go to local NRA events in my area you see people of every race, sexuality and gender participate in the shooting sport. Another thing I have noticed is the large quantity of non citizen green card holders that enjoy shooting. They often tell stories of living in oppressive countries and appreciate the freedoms we have here
I know a few White South Africans that left either the day Mandela took office or in the years afterwards..They know the horror of racism, marxism, open borders and being disarmed in the midst of their nation being destroyed from with by enemies and traitors.

They are all doing very well...They cant get enough of how wonderful this nation is, and how glad their kids will have such a bright future, and actively stranded against the same acts of treason that destroyed their home nation.

Old 08-05-2014, 06:01 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,785,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendell Phillips View Post
You don't need a suppressor on your hunting rifle. Citizens who are not serving on active duty in military service have no need to have military weapons. Get used to it.
So, a suppressor is a military weapon?
............... .............. ...... ..

You're obviously not a hunter, yet you know what is and isn't needed. I know, it's a gun, you just point and fire... what's so hard about that?

Old 08-05-2014, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
If I'm not mistaken this is the weapon used by Hathcock to make the now second longest kill in history.
No it was not.Hathcock’s 1967 record-setting 2500-yard single-shot kill with his Browning M2 machine gun and 10X Unertl scope which created a new class of rifle.

Old 08-05-2014, 09:18 PM

Quote:
You don't need a suppressor on your hunting rifle. Citizens who are not serving on active duty in military service have no need to have military weapons. Get used to it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
LOL....

Please give us your experience with military weapons...

GO ahead....we will wait...
Well Wendell, We are waiting...

Old 08-05-2014, 09:47 PM

793 posts, read 1,419,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Up close and personal with a bow, is real hunting. If you can get close enough to harvest an animal with a bow, you did something.

I call gun hunting, going to the grocery store.
PFfft. Bow hunting isn't sporting.

Knife hunting, on the other hand.

Old 08-05-2014, 10:30 PM

So should we try and get a bill to remove them or try and use the courts?

Old 08-06-2014, 04:55 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,354,912 times
Quote:

That's some logic. So would you say that you don't need a muffler on your SUV? Unless you're serving in the military, driving a Hummer or other military-issue vehicle, you have no need?

Old 08-06-2014, 05:00 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,354,912 times
Anti-gun people seem to have adopted this bizarre notion that it should be illegal to make guns quiet. What about bows? Do we need a law requiring bow owners to tape some firecrackers to their bow and light one off whenever they shoot an arrow?

Old 08-06-2014, 06:25 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,605,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Anti-gun people seem to have adopted this bizarre notion that it should be illegal to make guns quiet. What about bows? Do we need a law requiring bow owners to tape some firecrackers to their bow and light one off whenever they shoot an arrow?

Have you seen the arrowhead, that you insert a .38/.357 cartridge into?
When it hits, it fires the round.

Old 08-06-2014, 06:26 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,605,811 times
Quote:
I led men in combat in Vietnam, but I never felt the need to carry a weapon. General James Hollingsworth ("Danger 79er"), who, like Patton, sported ivory-handled pistols, once chided me for going about unarmed. I told him that to be armed would display a lack of confidence in myself and my men. He never broached the subject again.

LOL. Out of uniform, in a theater of war.

EDIT: Deleted your post? Why?
Leading your men to sure death by firing squad? No way to defend yourself... Nut job on a death wish.
The Gung-ho idiot, was the name we had for those passive fools.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies